• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
I've long since had this quest glitch on me; although I'm wondering
if you're aligned with the Imperials and ended the Civil War and the Imperials are occupying Windhelm, if this quest wasn't glitched, would it even be able to be finished?

Lilfish43

I've long since had this quest glitch on me; although I'm wondering
if you're aligned with the Imperials and ended the Civil War and the Imperials are occupying Windhelm, if this quest wasn't glitched, would it even be able to be finished?
Im not sure someone should try it. (I have completed Stormcloak quest line already)

DxSTROxY

Can't start this stupid Butcher quest.Help..

/end

In case you haven't gotten it yet, I'm pretty sure the Dark Brotherhood quest line screws with other quest lines (specifically the Stormcloaks, for me) and has to be completed up to a certain point or in its entirety for the "Blood on the Ice" quest to be 'triggerable.'

PLEASE NOTE: This is, as yet, unverified.

Kablewee

Have you done the dark brotherhood storyline?
you mean finished the DB quest line? I've done about 5 main DB quest and the blood on ice won't trigger. I did the exit/enter 4 times but nothing happens. I'm on ps3. Kind of sucks I want that house, why can't I just blow the door down with my dragon voice? lol

Kablewee

It's annoying, I started a new character, went to Windhelm right after I got to Whiterun after escaping and no dead girl.

NeoRoman

This is for custom titles?
Got to give it some time, mate. You need to talk to the townspeople first. They'll speak of a butcher on the loose in Windhelm and in a few days, BAM! Dead Susanna.

Kablewee

Got to give it some time, mate. You need to talk to the townspeople first. They'll speak of a butcher on the loose in Windhelm and in a few days, BAM! Dead Susanna.
:) opps guess I got all anxious and thought soon as I walk in at night time on the grave yard that I would see it lol I'll be talking to peeps then ,thanks for the tip

Skyrimosity

so, this quest isn't bugged after all?

NeoRoman

This is for custom titles?
Unless you have the cracked version of Skyrim, like me, unfortunately. Sometimes as soon as you talk to Wuunfurth about when the killer will attack, you patrol the streets for some time and you never hear the "Help!" And you wait 2 days for the next murder to happen and it never does.

Otherwise, the quest is as buggy as any other quest.

Swordsmansmith

im on ps3, i tried to do this quest. I talk to guy in palace and then go to the guard but its still tells me to talk to guy in palace. I go back to palace and all he will talk about is the war. Will they ever fix this? Ive since just left it alone.

uzu

Well, I'm having this issue for 5 months now and basically, it made me stop playing. I too was going for all the hoses and after reading a bit I concluded that the Windhelm house would best fit to my needs utility wise. At thistime I was lvl 50-52, had completed: dragonborn main quest, civilwar and went on imperial side, all words of power, had all houses available besides the one in WH, finished thieves guild and started nightingale quest chain as a nightingale but stopped before killing Nilsine or who the assassin optional contract target was due to a friend telling me that he did murder her and thus had read that you couldn't get tge house if doing so (witch by itself seemed to suck to me :p ...little did i know).

Also, before getting into detailed descriptions, I must say that Ive had this issue thru more versions of the game (i play on pc),updated from 1.something to 1.5+ that is curently out. I have been in and out WH many times before attempting to trigger this quest, very late in the game as previously stated. The thing for me is thatI have the amulet, I pickpocketed the key, I broke into the house from pure curiosity and that led me to the internet ..:p as no quest triggered even on trying "investigate" inside. The new yarl made me thane but I cannot buy the house due to the standard "there have been some things happenin around that house and it's curently unavailable" text. All NPCs listed are up, even tho i cannot confirm the guard mentioned in the threads here. I have traveled my ass off in and out, spoke to everyone and everything, stalked ppl worse than the damn butcher himself. I thought maybe dropping the pending assassination quest might unblock whatever is blocked but I dunno how to do that, too bad there isnt such an option in the ui and be able to pick it up again later from the specific npc...

What I observed: sussana or what's her name ( npc that is supposed to die as 1st victim) doesnt leave candlehearth. (stalked her inside too, tried to attack her, thing that triggers another npc jumping in and bashing...her even more as she cannot die...immguessing thats good tho given my specific bug). She wont leave the inn damn it!:)

Another thing, I have seen Calixo stalk near the inn some times, but she just wouldnt go out. I repeat, I cannot start the quest, tried everything except console commands. What do you guise think? How can i make her leave the inn? This last house to buy so i can continue the assassin's guild chain but cant cuz im stuck thing simply made me quit and wait for a fix...a fix that never came :sadface:. And no, id like to do it on my "main" char that ive cared for and loved from since he was a lvl 1 nobody :p

Cheers, ty for the read and possible replies and gl.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I'm on Xbox, got the quest, completed it but it was pretty buggy. Kept send me to wrong places out of order. Guys not giving me the correct speech options. Was painful to get completed.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts