best character to be high king

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bets suited as Skyrim's ruler(s)

• Balgruuf (whiterun)

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Elisif (solitude)

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Idgrod Ravencrone (Morthal)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Igmund (Markarth)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Korir (winterhold)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Laila Law-giver (Riften)

• Siddgeir (Falkreath)

• Skald The Elder (Dawnstar)

• Ulfric stormcloak (Windhelm)

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Brina Merilis (Dawnstar)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Esilif. She and her husband came in peace to Skyrim, but Ulfric killed her husband after the Thalmor forced the Empire to surrender and put law on the Stormcloaks. It goes from best army strength to least: Thalmor- Empire=Stormcloaks. So the Empire or Stormcloaks can't do anything about the Thalmor. Ulfric is out of the way.

Xivia4

Laila Law-Giver shouldn't even be an option. I agree with whoever said she's dim. You know someone sucks when Maven Black-Briar starts looking appealing. Either way the Rift is screwed.

Anyway, I chose Balgruuf.

Greatsword

Definately Balgruuf. One reason is when Ulfric was captured by the Imperials outside Darkwater Crossing, he surrendered without a fight. BUT when several Stormcloaks ran into Dragonsreach in their attempt to capture Whiterun, Jarl Balgruuf stood there alongside Ireleth (spelling?) and fought til there was no hope left. He'd make a badass king.

KC95

Are you really shocked a Jarl's kids are spoiled?

Whiterun, apart from Solitude, is probably the safest and most prosperous city in all of Skyrim. There are no real issues. Some crazy guy even worships Talos freely everyday at the town square. Look at the state of other cities like Markarth, Riften, and Windhelm. Whiterun could easily fall into corruption and despair, especially with its location and core as Skyrim's trade city. Many travelers pass by and everything remains fairly stable.

Sorry for not brown nosing Ulfric.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It's amazing how many people would pick this Balgruuf since after all he slouches on his "Throne" all day and continue to let his children disrespect the Dragonborn. Yeah hes suitable for High King. He can't even control his kids... how can he control the entire country?

Skyrim Scumbag Jarl - Skyrim - UGO.com
You do realize that Sal wrote that as a humor piece don't you?

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
Jarl Balgruuf

'when I was a little girl in France...'

Need I say more?

Devoniuk2233

Battlemage of Solitude, Harbinger of Darkness
You guys are overlooking Igmund of Markarth. I personally like him as a person just as much as Balgruuf. Igmund is dealing with the forsworn and still managing to keep the city relatively under control (until i came along).

Duon

Graphic Designer
I still say a goat would do a damn good job as High King.

Reminds me of South Park when they made the bunny rabbit Pope lmao...

I pick Balgruuf but only if he ditches those creepy little kids of his to some far off monastery and marries Lady Elisif...

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
You guys are overlooking Igmund of Markarth. I personally like him as a person just as much as Balgruuf. Igmund is dealing with the forsworn and still managing to keep the city relatively under control (until i came along).

The city under control? The city's economy is controlled by a single family, the Silverbloods.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Ulfric honestly would be a good leader in time of war, but should be assassinated immediately afterwards.

Maven would be a good leader.....except for the corruption and fear......maybe she should marry Thonar and start an empire of crime and deciet......This only appeals to me as a criminal

Balgruf would be the best legitimate ruler, every decision he makes is made for the good of his people despite the consequences, and he's not as racist as other Nords.

And yes, a goat would make a better ruler than most other possible choices....

Blaziken

I voted for balgruuf not only because he is the swaggiest jarl around also because he seems like he actually cares about his hold. ulfric is just power hungry and elisif seems like she would let people take advantage of and is just overall not fit for the job and the other jarls are dipplopss who would suck at it.