Anybody problem-free? (in regards to PC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bradavis

I've not bought the game yet, but I've heard a bunch of people complaining that their games are broken (glitches and whatnot). Is anybody running virtually flawlessly? I'm getting really nervous...

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It took me a while to set it up but it's running pretty nicely though it crashed twice just randomly.

demujin

I am about 9hours in, no crashes and running smoothly. The interface has some issues, not too big of a deal.

jinsof

when i first installed it, it crashed on a load screen evertime i tried entering a certain area. but i re-installed and it's run perfectly since.

bradavis

Well that's a lot of positive feedback and not a lot of negative stuff! Getting more and more excited to get it! Thanks for the info guys!

Ive played for 35 hours according to steam. ive had two crashes but they were early on (pre 5 hours played) and directly related to the heat of my laptop haha (my bed room gets REALLY REALLY hot, used to be a car garage but we changed it). i now have a fan blowing straight onto me and my laptop instead of just me and have had no crashes since.

bradavis

Ive played for 35 hours according to steam. ive had two crashes but they were early on (pre 5 hours played) and directly related to the heat of my laptop haha (my bed room gets REALLY REALLY hot, used to be a car garage but we changed it). i now have a fan blowing straight onto me and my laptop instead of just me and have had no crashes since.
sometimes fans are a bad idea. I found that after a while of a lot of my fan blowing onto my laptop, it blew a lot of dust into the laptop itself. It's not a good scenario

UberKiwi

About 30 hours played for me and MAYBE one crash.. if that ... all in all after just one patch, im very impressed with how Bethisda handled this release.. i expected more problems

Touchstone

I don't want to curse myself by talking about it. >.> <.<

I have a few issues related to my video card; everything slows down when there's a lot of flame in a room, and I've gotten stuck in tight places a couple of times. Other than that, though, I've had none of the issues other people are experiencing.

JohnnyWisco

The only problem that I’ve encountered so far is that the game has crashed twice in pretty much the same fashion. After loading a saved game I would get about 3-5 seconds of play time, then it flashes to a black screen and dumps me back to the desktop. I haven’t checked the windows event logs yet but there is no crash report or any indication that the OS/Steam/game thinks there is an issue. Both times that it’s happened I was able to start the game back up and play for a few hours without any further problems. If it keeps happening I’ll look into it more.

Parker

Mine has been a few colour mess ups, and one occasion of AI hurp durp, and quite a few crashes. That may be because I play for extended periods of time whilst recording with fraps, but hey who knows. Definitely nothing unbearably aggravating.

sometimes fans are a bad idea. I found that after a while of a lot of my fan blowing onto my laptop, it blew a lot of dust into the laptop itself. It's not a good scenario
yeh that is something to think about!, it only has to last like 4 more months then i can return it and get a new one haha, renting for the win!

SkanTheMan

Masked Monster
I have only crashed once and the shadows got a bit buggy once but a loading screen to enter a town fixed that. apart from that i have played about 15 hours no problem :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts