• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rimfaxe96

You guys do not understand... My mod was one of the fastest downloaded and most downloaded mods and certainly one of the best. And it never got to the first page of the Skyrim Nexus and yet this Seratic Armor was there almost seconds after it was uploaded....
I totally freaked out and wrote this comment... Then almost immediatly i was forbidden access to the website people and my mods were deleted...

Then i restarted my PC so that i can see what this is all about and i saw the banned thread and how people started insulting me about my comment but they never got banned.... I just smell something suspicious...

Wow, that's pretty tough. But yeah, like posted above, there isn't anything you can do about it. If you're really into mods, making your own forum with stuff might be a better solution. That's how we did it in our wolf text RPs, if someone became greedy and just wanted to remain the 'top dog' because I-wanna-be even though their leadership sucked, we left and made our own.

Amaryllis

To be perfectly honest, I think Sean pretty much supplied the be-all, end-all of this subject. The comment about 'what a piece of s*** armor' was inappropriate and should have carried consequences (and look, we can rationalize literally anything if we want to, so let's not get on that track). Permanent bans for it, however, are ridiculous. Even if the guy was skating on the wire's edge of a ban for bad behavior before that comment, and totally deserved it in that context, it does not explain the probably thousands of other people they have banned (and then re-banned, and IP banned if they find them again) for such absurdly minor things that sane people unfamiliar with them would find it nigh impossible to believe. One guy in this thread said that he wanted to ask them, in a courteous way, why they banned so much, but he couldn't because he was afraid of being banned for it. I think this spells the situation out pretty perfectly. You have to tread around them like they are gods (which functionally, in that one place, they are), and hope to christmas cookies that they don't notice you.

Websites aren't required to be democracies, as that old internet staple goes, and they are obviously free to behave in whatever fashion they so choose if they are able to get away with it. It doesn't mean it somehow makes them UN-pathetic though.

And honestly, this is enough thought of mine directed toward the clowns running that website, so I'm going to bow out and go think about something else.

AcidCube

To be perfectly honest, I think Sean pretty much supplied the be-all, end-all of this subject. The comment about 'what a piece of s*** armor' was inappropriate and should have carried consequences (and look, we can rationalize literally anything if we want to, so let's not get on that track). Permanent bans for it, however, are ridiculous. Even if the guy was skating on the wire's edge of a ban for bad behavior before that comment, and totally deserved it in that context, it does not explain the probably thousands of other people they have banned (and then re-banned, and IP banned if they find them again) for such absurdly minor things that sane people unfamiliar with them would find it nigh impossible to believe. One guy in this thread said that he wanted to ask them, in a courteous way, why they banned so much, but he couldn't because he was afraid of being banned for it. I think this spells the situation out pretty perfectly. You have to tread around them like they are gods (which functionally, in that one place, they are), and hope to christmas cookies that they don't notice you.

Websites aren't required to be democracies, as that old internet staple goes, and they are obviously free to behave in whatever fashion they so choose if they are able to get away with it. It doesn't mean it somehow makes them UN-pathetic though.

And honestly, this is enough thought of mine directed toward the clowns running that website, so I'm going to bow out and go think about something else.

100% agree. I bolded out my favorite part. That does explain the situation perfectly and my problem with the moderators. They don't even act human. It's almost as if they were picked on as kids or their parents beat them or maybe they lost their testicles in a freak accident and have nothing better to do than take out their own grievances on people on a Skyrim forum, to flex their "nuts" and show their superiority because it makes them feel better about themselves. Which is why I feel bad for them more than I could be pissed off at them anymore. If I didn't just make another account on another IP perhaps I would be a little more pissed, but I can still download mods and avoid the moderators, so I'm happy.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
That was kinda brutal, but not insta-ban worthy. If your armor is so bad that someone calls it a piece of s***.. then maybe you need to step up your game, lol.

Not really. There's these things called opinions, and they vary greatly from person to person.

Only if you get caught. Most people don't hack at all, nowadays it's far easier sending them files with a virus on it.
For example, let's say you somehow manage to befriend one of them and say that you'd like to send them something (Skype is perfect for that kind of stuff, a lot of people weeping over their accounts in an online horse racing game fell for it, not through my hands though). Add a little keylogger virus, and just wait for that guy to log into Nexus again. The keylogger will feed you the information you need (username, passwords...).
That's not hacking, and it's pretty hard (rather pretty impossible) to tell who created the virus.

Man, looking at a few other complaints in the internet, I'm damn glad I'm not part of that community, nor' do I have any interest in it.
It sucks when you like something quite badly and then get kicked out. :oops:

The whole "hacking will put you in jail" thing was to easily explain how illegal and not-okay it is.

Don't effing do it. Don't tell others to do it. Don't send files with viruses attached to them to anyone.

Actually, don't be an a-hole in general with that sort of thing. :\

You guys do not understand... My mod was one of the fastest downloaded and most downloaded mods and certainly one of the best. And it never got to the first page of the Skyrim Nexus and yet this Seratic Armor was there almost seconds after it was uploaded....
I totally freaked out and wrote this comment... Then almost immediatly i was forbidden access to the website people and my mods were deleted...

Then i restarted my PC so that i can see what this is all about and i saw the banned thread and how people started insulting me about my comment but they never got banned.... I just smell something suspicious...

That's no excuse. Yeah, your mod(s) was pretty awesome, but that didn't make you better than anyone else, and you did something very stupid.

You went onto a website, which has lots of staff, went to a (currently then) popular page, made a post that broke rules, and got banned for it. We can argue to the end of time that that wasn't worth a perma ban, but the Nexus does have its rules, and they are very easily accessed.

You are not a special case.

apparently mature enough not to kiss the asses of a group of cyber bullies who abuse their power to feel superior, like you.. grow some balls.

I'm actually quite mature, and I do this thing called thinking for myself. ;)

DO NOT TALK IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS!
If i ever commented something else other than my mods were some friends' mods. In my previous comment i explained what happened...

The facts are clear and simple: you broke a rule and paid the price for it.

I can also assume, from your previous post which is even quoted in this one, that the armor that you commented on and got banned for was out of jealousy. As you said, your mod was extremely popular and downloaded a whole lot yet never made it to the front page, so when an armor mod that you didn't like made it there, you couldn't have been very happy. Thus, you threw a childish fit instead of keeping your mouth shut, or even offering constructive critique in a respectful manner.

AcidCube

That was kinda brutal, but not insta-ban worthy. If your armor is so bad that someone calls it a piece of s***.. then maybe you need to step up your game, lol.

Not really. There's these things called opinions, and they vary greatly from person to person.

No way, man.. Opinions? What are those? I've never heard of those before. Like me saying, "That was kind of brutal".. Was that one of these so called "opinions"?

L.t. Aldo Raine

Do I look like I fetch the mead?
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/721011-seratic-armor/page-9

Thats what he said

And personally I agree with the mods on that one. Just because you put a star over it doesn't mean that the comment didn't feature any swearing

That was kinda brutal, but not insta-ban worthy. If your armor is so bad that someone calls it a piece of s***.. then maybe you need to step up your game, lol. If I was a moderator, I would have given a warning and removed the comment. Problem solved. Now show me a picture of the armor.

Here is the piece of plops in question.

19961-2-1341518341.jpg

AcidCube

Thats what he said

And personally I agree with the mods on that one. Just because you put a star over it doesn't mean that the comment didn't feature any swearing

That was kinda brutal, but not insta-ban worthy. If your armor is so bad that someone calls it a piece of s***.. then maybe you need to step up your game, lol. If I was a moderator, I would have given a warning and removed the comment. Problem solved. Now show me a picture of the armor.

Here is the piece of pl*** in question.

Actually, that's not bad at all. A little jagged at parts, but not a piece of s***. Sounds like it was just said out of jealousy, no offense PuuLoo.
STILL not insta-ban worthy, though.. dare I repeat myself.

L.t. Aldo Raine

Do I look like I fetch the mead?

Actually, that's not bad at all. A little jagged at parts, but not a piece of s***. Sounds like it was just said out of jealousy, no offense PuuLoo.
STILL not insta-ban worthy, though.. dare I repeat myself.

I think the mod is well made and well designed; just not the look I go for, I referred to it as "a piece of plops" simply to reduce confusion. If I were to make a mod with my artistic flair you would have something which looks like it was ripped straight from an N64! :rolleyes:

PuuLoo

Actually the armor is the one that the main protagonist in the Infinity Blade series for iOS uses...

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Only if you get caught. Most people don't hack at all, nowadays it's far easier sending them files with a virus on it.
For example, let's say you somehow manage to befriend one of them and say that you'd like to send them something (Skype is perfect for that kind of stuff, a lot of people weeping over their accounts in an online horse racing game fell for it, not through my hands though). Add a little keylogger virus, and just wait for that guy to log into Nexus again. The keylogger will feed you the information you need (username, passwords...).
That's not hacking, and it's pretty hard (rather pretty impossible) to tell who created the virus.

Man, looking at a few other complaints in the internet, I'm damn glad I'm not part of that community, nor' do I have any interest in it.

The whole "hacking will put you in jail" thing was to easily explain how illegal and not-okay it is.

Don't effing do it. Don't tell others to do it. Don't send files with viruses attached to them to anyone.

That's no excuse. Yeah, your mod(s) was pretty awesome, but that didn't make you better than anyone else, and you did something very stupid.

You went onto a website, which has lots of staff, went to a (currently then) popular page, made a post that broke rules, and got banned for it. We can argue to the end of time that that wasn't worth a perma ban, but the Nexus does have its rules, and they are very easily accessed.

apparently mature enough not to kiss the asses of a group of cyber bullies who abuse their power to feel superior, like you.. grow some balls.

If i ever commented something else other than my mods were some friends' mods. In my previous comment i explained what happened...

I can also assume, from your previous post which is even quoted in this one, that the armor that you commented on and got banned for was out of jealousy. As you said, your mod was extremely popular and downloaded a whole lot yet never made it to the front page, so when an armor mod that you didn't like made it there, you couldn't have been very happy. Thus, you threw a childish fit instead of keeping your mouth shut, or even offering constructive critique in a respectful manner.
you're either a sadist who enjoys seeing bad things happen to people for no good reason or you haven't bothered reading up on the site, i don't even play the game on pc and even i am well aware of the senseless cruelty by moderators that goes on at nexus. i don't understand people like you and don't think i ever will.. you need a friend... a cookie.. or a hug.. or something, i dunno.. :confused:

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I have an account on Nexus, simply because I like the Mod Manager.

I have heard so many stories like this, that I decided my strategy at Nexus would be to just download the mods I wanted, endorse them and never post anything. Just keep my head low, and maybe, just maybe, moderators can't find an excuse to ban me. Or they'll just ban me for never posting anything :D

Rimfaxe96

Sure, just wanted to clear it out. After a few hacking attacks on a few friends on chatango I decided to make sure my data remains safe, so I informed myself. And yet, it appears I've simply underestimated how easily people just give away their passwords.
For example, shortly after Skyrim was released, a friend of mine from the forum offered me to take his Steam password to download and install it. I declined though, 'cause I've already made the experience of friends leaving their game behind when they don't feel safe in their account. Just a few days ago a friend asked me to get into their account to do a quest for them in an online horse racing game, and while I'd help, I won't do it without her being present. It's a game account she has worked on, and I think destroying the work of others is pretty much the worst thing a hacker can do (that's also what happened to a friend's website, all her editings, gone for good).
So no, I have no intention to hack anything or get an advantage out of anyone.
The only time was when some chick harrassed me and my friends in a text RPG for weeks; I can't stand bullies who try to stalk you and stick to your a$$ like leeches.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Thats what he said

19961-2-1341518341.jpg
Okay, the armor's not bad at all (in fact it's pretty cool!), but what is that on his head? How does he breathe? Is it my imagination or does he have a tiny little head?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

you're either a sadist who enjoys seeing bad things happen to people for no good reason or you haven't bothered reading up on the site, i don't even play the game on pc and even i am well aware of the senseless cruelty by moderators that goes on at nexus. i don't understand people like you and don't think i ever will.. you need a friend... a cookie.. or a hug.. or something, i dunno.. :confused:
I don't play on PC either, but, just out of curiousity, I went on the site last night. It gets pretty dicey there. I'm glad we're a nice group. :)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
@Daelon
what i don't get is if the moderators on there are such dicks about what people post on the site why not just get the mods u want, never EVER post in their forums, and leave? problem solved. and perhaps if everyone started doing this, those in charge of the moderators might just start to question why nobody is posting on the site, figure out their moderators are running people off, and fire them..

AcidCube

Actually the armor is the one that the main protagonist in the Infinity Blade series for iOS uses...
Oh, it is, huh. I didn't even notice for some reason.. Maybe it's not as shiney? Lol.

@Daelon
what i don't get is if the moderators on there are such dicks about what people post on the site why not just get the mods u want, never EVER post in their forums, and leave? problem solved. and perhaps if everyone started doing this, those in charge of the moderators might just start to question why nobody is posting on the site, figure out their moderators are running people off, and fire them..

Because you don't figure out what dicks they are until you're banned, heh. I keep my head low now, for sure. I just don't use their forums or chat anymore. I post on the mods for technical support and watch what I say, though I rarely get a reply.. or I'm just never on to check for replies. The chat is boring and the forums are a ghost town anyways. I think the most replies I got on one of my threads was like 2 or 3. This is my first thread on Skyrim Forums and there's 3 pages and counting. :cool:

Tyer032392

@Daelon

The problem with those websites is that they are usually not owned by the company, or affiliated in anyway, but instead owned by a team of Admin's. Just from looking at the home page of the website, it appears to be run by volunteers just from the advertisements that they have. The .com domain also does not help the cause any as that is the domain of a commercial network. My own personal findings from those types of websites is that I usually avoid them like the plague, and look very hard into them. Of course, this is not saying that Bethesda does not have any accounts active over there and are not admins themselves, but simply do not run or operate the site.

AcidCube

I take it one the Nexus Moderators have been stalking this forum because they just banned another one of my accounts. lol.
The only way they could have known was because my name was the same as on here. I think they're mad. :D

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I take it one the Nexus Moderators have been stalking this forum because they just banned another one of my accounts. lol.
The only way they could have known was because my name was the same as on here. I think they're mad. :D
thats what i've been trying to say m8! isn't it ironic how soon as this topic started we immediately got new members with one freakin post jumping in just to defend the nexus mods? lol that ain't no coincidence bro, i've spotted quite a few.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts