• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
i've heard all sorts of hillarious stories from banned nexus people, i'm half ass tempted to make an account on the site myself with the intention of being banned just for a one time shot to REALLY lay into those power tripping bastards and show them what "unacceptable site behavior" really is.. lol
no laying all jokes aside, somebody seriously needs to step in and do something about those moderators on nexus cause they are obviously little kids who have no business controlling a website.. people work way too hard on their mods for a bunch of cyber bullies with moderator status to just kick them off the site cause they "feel like it" its mean, wrong, and just not right.

If I knew anything about hacking, I'd blackhat their asses.
yea it would be hillarious to see those assholes get hit with a few trogen hadokens.. lmfao!!
i'm sure sooner or later they'll piss off the wrong person who turns out to be a hacker and get nailed, i've seen it happen..

PuuLoo

yea it would be hillarious to see those assholes get hit with a few trogen hadokens.. lmfao!!
i'm sure sooner or later they'll piss off the wrong person who turns out to be a hacker and get nailed, i've seen it happen..
Actually they are a bunch of old (30,40,50 years old) dickheads who didn't accomplish absolutely anything in their lives and are now trying to use their power in one single forum to show their stupid scummish rage. That's why they spend their whole day in a forum to ban people :D I actually kinda feel sorry for them...

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Actually they are a bunch of old (30,40,50 years old) dickheads who didn't accomplish absolutely anything in their lives and are now trying to use their power in one single forum to show their stupid scummish rage. That's why they spend their whole day in a forum to ban people :D I actually kinda feel sorry for them...
as well you should.. poor bastards.. lol

Rimfaxe96

It's annoying, truly, but I doubt there's much you can do about it. Except for making yet another account and staying as far away from your old one as possible.
I had a similar situation once when I asked about something in a horse forum and one of the moderators answered me in a far too rude manner, considering that I was new there at that time and it was a simple question anyone else could have answered as well. If she didn't feel like it, why bother? Anyway, when I replied to her with pretty much the same content like the sentence before this one, I only received an even more offensive answer and then decided to write a complaint into the section made especially for complaints of any kind (whether it'd be behavior or website issues).
And, of course, that b!tch answered "Since I'm a moderator here, I'll lock this".
I think it's clear that I left that forum afterwards immediately. Behavior like this is simply unnecessary, and even though in my case she even admitted that she could 'sometimes be rude because she's annoyed by her real life, kids etc', that's no excuse. If you're stressed and let it out on users, you aren't fitting for a position like this. That's also why I'm not surprised anymore when people mourn about their old forums dying out; of course they will if their leadership sucks like this or if it's left unwatched.
In my case for example, I learned that this particular moderator was known for being "rash", and that the Admins, the only ones with the power to strip them off their title and kick them out, were inactive for years. Surprise surprise, the power's misused.

Dusty999999

Insta-banned for "Needlessly rude remark in the file comment section" That's ridiculous. What did you say exactly? That some armor looks bad or something? (I read someone say they thought the armor looked s****y as well, LOL) And no warning or anything I'm assuming? Regardless of the fact that you were a contributing member, they punish you, and anyone that used your mods, and ban you for such a minuscule comment. That's exactly what I'm talking about. They are not right in the head. They ban about 50% of the people that sign up and then they gloat about it in the chat room. It's pathetic, and such a shame, because I do like a lot of the mods there. I have 154 mods from the Nexus, and my game looks gorgeous and is (somewhat) stable. I don't know if I can attain that with the workshop.

If anyone is banned from the nexus I could tell you how to easily change your IP. Give those moderators a hard time, they're asking for it. I want to learn to hack websites just to ban all the moderators by their IP address, and maybe put some comment on the front page about how the moderators are dickheads. That would be awesome. xD

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/721011-seratic-armor/page-9

Thats what he said

And personally I agree with the mods on that one. Just because you put a star over it doesn't mean that the comment didn't feature any swearing

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Insta-banned for "Needlessly rude remark in the file comment section" That's ridiculous. What did you say exactly? That some armor looks bad or something? (I read someone say they thought the armor looked s****y as well, LOL) And no warning or anything I'm assuming? Regardless of the fact that you were a contributing member, they punish you, and anyone that used your mods, and ban you for such a minuscule comment. That's exactly what I'm talking about. They are not right in the head. They ban about 50% of the people that sign up and then they gloat about it in the chat room. It's pathetic, and such a shame, because I do like a lot of the mods there. I have 154 mods from the Nexus, and my game looks gorgeous and is (somewhat) stable. I don't know if I can attain that with the workshop.

If anyone is banned from the nexus I could tell you how to easily change your IP. Give those moderators a hard time, they're asking for it. I want to learn to hack websites just to ban all the moderators by their IP address, and maybe put some comment on the front page about how the moderators are dickheads. That would be awesome. xD

Thats what he said

And personally I agree with the mods on that one. Just because you put a star over it doesn't mean that the comment didn't feature any swearing
lol one post and its to defend the moderator trolls on nexus.. wow! you guys move fast to defend yourselves.. well don't worry, your secret is safe with me. ;)

Sean

lost somewhere

Thats what he said

Using asterisks is a good way to say something, but still allow others to interpret the word as something else.

That is actually why asterisks are typically used when censoring words some may find vulgar.

To me, a word is only considered bad based on its context.

Using the word "fuck" as a replacement for the word "very" does not make it into something negative when the sentence is not used that way (Example: "I am so fucking excited!").

Within that example I doubt anyone would have a problem with it, as it seems more positive than negative.

The words "idiot" and "asinine" sound more negative and typically used as such, but are not considered vulgar, and typically don't require censorship (one of the problems that I have with censors).

Now in the case of puulo, I would have to agree, as saying "What a piece of s*** armor!" on it's own is definitely rude, but does it deserve a perma ban? No.
The words "crap" and "garbage" are still acceptable through censorship, yet they still have the same meaning.
Puulo should have given helpful ideas on how to improve the armor, or even just voice what they didn't like about it in order to help the mod's author.

What should of happened would be that a warning was given and the post deleted, as it was not constructive.

The moderators on the Nexus are unprofessional and juvenile.
They have no concept on what is right or even understand their own rules.
These moderators need to be held accountable for their actions, as they are staff on a website, and should be looked at as a type of "model member," as they are given the privilege of power within that website yet they think they are owed it and act as if it was a right.

So, while I may agree with you that Puuloo was wrong, the punishment was too severe for what was done.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
DDoS them for a month.
Yeahhhh, let's not ruin it for everyone else. DDoS is so simple it's stupid to even think about that as a way to even mildly annoy the Nexus staff, but hey, hacking'll put you in jail.
And just because the Nexus staff are pretty awful, doesn't mean you have to knock the whole site down and take away the terrabytes upon terrabytes of mods and helpful things for gamers.

Thats what he said

Nor is it appropriate. It is not constructive or helpful in any way, and adds nothing to any conversation.

It's definitely not insta perma bad worthy imo, but it's also kinda sad to bother with posting that in the first place. :/

lol one post and its to defend the moderator trolls on nexus.. wow! you guys move fast to defend yourselves.. well don't worry, your secret is safe with me. ;)

How mature you are. ;)

AcidCube

Thats what he said

That was kinda brutal, but not insta-ban worthy. If your armor is so bad that someone calls it a piece of s***.. then maybe you need to step up your game, lol. If I was a moderator, I would have given a warning and removed the comment. Problem solved. Now show me a picture of the armor.

Rimfaxe96

but hey, hacking'll put you in jail.

Only if you get caught. Most people don't hack at all, nowadays it's far easier sending them files with a virus on it.
For example, let's say you somehow manage to befriend one of them and say that you'd like to send them something (Skype is perfect for that kind of stuff, a lot of people weeping over their accounts in an online horse racing game fell for it, not through my hands though). Add a little keylogger virus, and just wait for that guy to log into Nexus again. The keylogger will feed you the information you need (username, passwords...).
That's not hacking, and it's pretty hard (rather pretty impossible) to tell who created the virus.

Man, looking at a few other complaints in the internet, I'm damn glad I'm not part of that community, nor' do I have any interest in it.
It sucks when you like something quite badly and then get kicked out. :oops:

PuuLoo

You guys do not understand... My mod was one of the fastest downloaded and most downloaded mods and certainly one of the best. And it never got to the first page of the Skyrim Nexus and yet this Seratic Armor was there almost seconds after it was uploaded....
I totally freaked out and wrote this comment... Then almost immediatly i was forbidden access to the website people and my mods were deleted...

Then i restarted my PC so that i can see what this is all about and i saw the banned thread and how people started insulting me about my comment but they never got banned.... I just smell something suspicious...

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
DDoS them for a month.
Yeahhhh, let's not ruin it for everyone else. DDoS is so simple it's stupid to even think about that as a way to even mildly annoy the Nexus staff, but hey, hacking'll put you in jail.
And just because the Nexus staff are pretty awful, doesn't mean you have to knock the whole site down and take away the terrabytes upon terrabytes of mods and helpful things for gamers.

Thats what he said

Nor is it appropriate. It is not constructive or helpful in any way, and adds nothing to any conversation.

It's definitely not insta perma bad worthy imo, but it's also kinda sad to bother with posting that in the first place. :/

How mature you are. ;)
apparently mature enough not to kiss the asses of a group of cyber bullies who abuse their power to feel superior, like you.. grow some balls.

Dusty999999

Using asterisks is a good way to say something, but still allow others to interpret the word as something else.

That is actually why asterisks are typically used when censoring words some may find vulgar.

To me, a word is only considered bad based on its context.

Using the word "fuck" as a replacement for the word "very" does not make it into something negative when the sentence is not used that way (Example: "I am so fucking excited!").

Within that example I doubt anyone would have a problem with it, as it seems more positive than negative.

The words "idiot" and "asinine" sound more negative and typically used as such, but are not considered vulgar, and typically don't require censorship (one of the problems that I have with censors).

Now in the case of puulo, I would have to agree, as saying "What a piece of s*** armor!" on it's own is definitely rude, but does it deserve a perma ban? No.
The words "crap" and "garbage" are still acceptable through censorship, yet they still have the same meaning.
Puulo should have given helpful ideas on how to improve the armor, or even just voice what they didn't like about it in order to help the mod's author.

What should of happened would be that a warning was given and the post deleted, as it was not constructive.

The moderators on the Nexus are unprofessional and juvenile.
They have no concept on what is right or even understand their own rules.
These moderators need to be held accountable for their actions, as they are staff on a website, and should be looked at as a type of "model member," as they are given the privilege of power within that website yet they think they are owed it and act as if it was a right.

So, while I may agree with you that Puuloo was wrong, the punishment was too severe for what was done.

I do agree that it is the context that was important not the word itself. The mod did not ban for cussing it was for the disrespect shown to the creator of the mod. Several people agree that he was out of line on that and that its not just abuse of power. Was perma ban a little extreme for this one instance, sure. But what if this was not the first. Maybe a warning was given for a previous instance and this ban was justifiable.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Ouch! Bazinga! 30, 40, 50 OLD (okay, maybe 50 :))! grumble, grumble, grumble... Get OFF my forum you kids! :)

PuuLoo

I do agree that it is the context that was important not the word itself. The mod did not ban for cussing it was for the disrespect shown to the creator of the mod. Several people agree that he was out of line on that and that its not just abuse of power. Was perma ban a little extreme for this one instance, sure. But what if this was not the first. Maybe a warning was given for a previous instance and this ban was justifiable.
DO NOT TALK IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS!
If i ever commented something else other than my mods were some friends' mods. In my previous comment i explained what happened...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Ouch! Bazinga! 30, 40, 50 OLD (okay, maybe 50 :))! grumble, grumble, grumble... Get OFF my forum you kids! :)
Oh, please.... People in these ages are way too old to sit all day and ban "kids" on some forum...
Hey, what else we got to do? Dern kids and they're intelligent, well thought out arguments... hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em... we can't keep up with all that quick thinkin' GET OFF MY LAWN! :)

jarif

Oh, please.... People in these ages are way too old to sit all day and ban "kids" on some forum...[/quote]Hey, what else we got to do? Dern kids and they're intelligent, well thought out arguments... hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em... we can't keep up with all that quick thinkin' GET OFF MY LAWN! :)[/quote]
hehe XD

Dusty999999

DO NOT TALK IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS!
If i ever commented something else other my mods were some friends' mods. In my previous comment i explained what happened...
Hey no need to get upset. If you truly believe you did not do anything wrong than why does my comment matter. Those were just what if's not accusations. There were no other instances so a perma ban was extreme

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts