• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AcidCube

So despite being an active and supportive member of the community of Skyrim Nexus, I was recently banned for this video. Here's how it went down.

I was in chat, talking about mods, ect.. Then someone mentions Soul Calibur. I remembered a hilarious video I posted a while back so I went to my YouTube, grabbed the link, a shared it with my Nexus buds.

Apparently the moderator didn't find it too funny. He said now do you really think this is safe for work? BOOM, banned from chat. C'mon, I couldn't imagine anyone getting in trouble at work for stumbling on that video.

I proceeded to make a new account so I could apologize personally, and explain it won't happen again. BOOM, both accounts permabanned from everything completely. This pissed me off a little. I've never been banned from any site, ever, because I'm a pretty respectful guy. I can admit my faults. But this was just wrong to me. I ended up looking up other people that got banned for meaningless stuff and they were all saying the same thing I was thinking. That the Nexus Moderators are closed-minded, power-tripped pricks.

Someone who made awesome mods on Skyrim Nexus was banned for endorsing his own content, and that's understandable, he had that coming. But the Nexus Moderators (The_Vampire_Dante) publicly stated on his ban, "Stupid, stupid, man." That's just straight up disrespectful and unprofessional.

Next, retaliation. >=) Normally I don't resort to these kind of childish antics, but I figure I might as well give them a hard time for being assholes. I made more accounts and proceeded to enter chat and let the moderators know what's on my mind and fluff with them. I ended up getting a total of 8 accounts banned. But I feel better because I said what I had to say. Before the last ban, I called MrGrimm a tool, and he wasn't too happy about that. That's when they banned my original IP Address.

No matter, I changed my IP Address and made yet another account. I'm not going to troll them this time, I just need it so I can peacefully download mods and support the mod developers like I intended to do in the first place.
Also, I noticed while on my new account, that they banned another account I wasn't even aware of having, I must have made it a long time ago, and they thought I made it recently or something. The_Vampire_Dante wrote on it, "Give it up kid, you ain't welcome here." These are the guys that run Skyrim Nexus. Lol. They all have a stick up their ass.

Anyways, this is going to be my new home for Skyrim-related chat. So.. Hey guys!!! :) If you guys have any Skyrim Nexus related incidents as well I would love to hear it.

xsneakyxsimx

Interesting story you have there... and, welcome to the Skyrim Forums mate. I think you should have no issues fitting in here.

Also, that's an amusing vid. :D

PuuLoo

Man, you are one of the thousands "banned for nothing" people that The Vampire Dante bans every hour....

I'm a successful and one of the most respected and famous mod authors for Skyrim. (Mainly for my mod: "More Dynamic Shadows with Striping Fixed" and all my many months work on "Realistic Lighting Overhaul")
I could write a whole book about the Skyrim Nexus moderators and admins.

They banned me a while back permanently and deleting all my mods just for a single comment... (the comment didn't feature any swearing).
I tried everything to get back but i lost the fight....

You can even search on Google for my "infamous" ban :D
It left many people fluffed up and resulted in
me joining the Skyrim Forge Community. (i advise you to do so too :) )
The Skyrim Nexus community and moderators are plops and are the worst.
The best place for Skyrim mods is Steam Workshop. There you can find my mods too.

Cheers! :)

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

So despite being an active and supportive member of the community of Skyrim Nexus, I was recently banned for this video. Here's how it went down.

I was in chat, talking about mods, ect.. Then someone mentions Soul Calibur. I remembered a hilarious video I posted a while back so I went to my YouTube, grabbed the link, a shared it with my Nexus buds.

Apparently the moderator didn't find it too funny. He said now do you really think this is safe for work? BOOM, banned from chat. C'mon, I couldn't imagine anyone getting in trouble at work for stumbling that video.

I proceeded to make a new account so I could apologize personally, and explain it won't happen again. BOOM, both accounts permabanned from everything completely. This pissed me off a little. I've never been banned from any site, ever, because I'm a pretty respectful guy. I can admit my faults. But this was just wrong to me. I ended up looking up other people that got banned for meaningless stuff and they were all saying the same thing I was thinking. That the Nexus Moderators are closed-minded, power-tripped pricks.

Someone who made awesome mods on Skyrim Nexus was banned for endorsing his own content, and that's understandable, he had that coming. But the Nexus Moderators (The_Vampire_Dante) publicly stated on his ban, "Stupid, stupid, man." That's just straight up disrespectful and unprofessional.

Next, retaliation. >=) Normally I don't resort to these kind of childish antics, but I figure I might as well give them a hard time for being assholes. I made more accounts and proceeded to enter chat and let the moderators know what's on my mind and fluff with them. I ended up getting a total of 8 accounts banned. But I feel better because I said what I had to say. Before the last ban, I called MrGrimm a tool, and he wasn't too happy about that. That's when they banned my original IP Address.

No matter, I changed my IP Address and made yet another account. I'm not going to troll them this time, I just need it so I can peacefully download mods and support the mod developers like I intended to do in the first place.
Also, I noticed while on my new account, that they banned another account I wasn't even aware of having, I must have made it a long time ago, and they thought I made it recently or something. The_Vampire_Dante wrote on it, "Give it up kid, you ain't welcome here." These are the guys that run Skyrim Nexus. Lol. They all have a stick up their ass.

Anyways, this is going to be my new home for Skyrim-related chat. So.. Hey guys!!! :) If you guys have any Skyrim Nexus related incidents as well I would love to hear it.
yet they allow nude mods and sex mods up there but you get banned for this?

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
As far as I'm concerned, the Nexus is strictly for game pirates who can't suck it up and support companies. I have never illegally download anything, as the sheer number of people who do suprises me.
Not to call anyone here a pirate. Needed to get that off my chest. I suggest the Steam Workshop, I only use the Nexus on occasion, only for larger mods I really want.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Glad to see that new members are joining.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I dunno, I might have banned you for having poor taste in videos! That thing was not only stupid, it went on freaking forever. haha, j/k. Carry on.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
While I'm not on PC or using mods, I have to admit that this was a pretty cool thing. A little rude? Sure. A little obscene? Well, sorta, but not really. A little silly? Well... very silly. Loved it. Keep up the great work! Welcome to the forums.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Welcome to the forums!

TBH, I'm more interested in that freaky signature gif you have there.... lol

Amaryllis

While I didn't find that video funny (not even close to my sense of humor), the fact that it's bannable in a setting where some of the biggest mods feature prominent pictures of penises and vaginas (both human and non-human) is darkly hilarious.

Nexus is good for mods. As a community, it's about the biggest, dumbest plopshole this side of 4chan. And yes, I've been banned too.

Matsuu

Master of Sword and Shield

I'm sorry (not really), but you have to have jagged, barbed stick up your ass not to find this hilarious, no matter how disturbing it may be. This actually got me laughing out loud. This is not NSFW, unless your boss is one of those barbed stick-having-up-his ass types.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Stupid video... even stupider banning given the environment and amount of tasteless mods available there.

AcidCube

Man, you are one of the thousands "banned for nothing" people that The Vampire Dante bans every hour....

I'm a successful and one of the most respected and famous mod authors for Skyrim. (Mainly for my mod: "More Dynamic Shadows with Striping Fixed" and all my many months work on "Realistic Lighting Overhaul")
I could write a whole book about the Skyrim Nexus moderators and admins.

They banned me a while back permanently and deleting all my mods just for a single comment... (the comment didn't feature any swearing).
I tried everything to get back but i lost the fight....

You can even search on Google for my "infamous" ban :D
It left many people fluffed up and resulted in
me joining the Skyrim Forge Community. (i advise you to do so too :) )
The Skyrim Nexus community and moderators are pl*** and are the worst.
The best place for Skyrim mods is Steam Workshop. There you can find my mods too.

Cheers! :)

Insta-banned for "Needlessly rude remark in the file comment section" That's ridiculous. What did you say exactly? That some armor looks bad or something? (I read someone say they thought the armor looked s****y as well, LOL) And no warning or anything I'm assuming? Regardless of the fact that you were a contributing member, they punish you, and anyone that used your mods, and ban you for such a minuscule comment. That's exactly what I'm talking about. They are not right in the head. They ban about 50% of the people that sign up and then they gloat about it in the chat room. It's pathetic, and such a shame, because I do like a lot of the mods there. I have 154 mods from the Nexus, and my game looks gorgeous and is (somewhat) stable. I don't know if I can attain that with the workshop.

If anyone is banned from the nexus I could tell you how to easily change your IP. Give those moderators a hard time, they're asking for it. I want to learn to hack websites just to ban all the moderators by their IP address, and maybe put some comment on the front page about how the moderators are dickheads. That would be awesome. xD

PuuLoo

Insta-banned for "Needlessly rude remark in the file comment section" That's ridiculous. What did you say exactly? That some armor looks bad or something? (I read someone say they thought the armor looked s****y as well, LOL) And no warning or anything I'm assuming? Regardless of the fact that you were a contributing member, they punish you, and anyone that used your mods, and ban you for such a minuscule comment. That's exactly what I'm talking about. They are not right in the head. They ban about 50% of the people that sign up and then they gloat about it in the chat room. It's pathetic, and such a shame, because I do like a lot of the mods there. I have 154 mods from the Nexus, and my game looks gorgeous and is (somewhat) stable. I don't know if I can attain that with the workshop.

If anyone is banned from the nexus I could tell you how to easily change your IP. Give those moderators a hard time, they're asking for it. I want to learn to hack websites just to ban all the moderators by their IP address, and maybe put some comment on the front page about how the moderators are dickheads. That would be awesome. xD
Man, i was trying to do just the same.
First, i apologised but i was banned with this account as well. My IP is dynamically changing everytime i rrstart the PC so i don't have problems opening or using the website.. Many people wanted to see the mod on Skyrim Nexus again so i uploaded it with anither account and under a different name with different pictures and somehow i got banned again...
Someday in the future, The Vampire Dante and all these jerks without a life will get what they deserve. :)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
i've heard all sorts of hillarious stories from banned nexus people, i'm half ass tempted to make an account on the site myself with the intention of being banned just for a one time shot to REALLY lay into those power tripping bastards and show them what "unacceptable site behavior" really is.. lol
no laying all jokes aside, somebody seriously needs to step in and do something about those moderators on nexus cause they are obviously little kids who have no business controlling a website.. people work way too hard on their mods for a bunch of cyber bullies with moderator status to just kick them off the site cause they "feel like it" its mean, wrong, and just not right.

Matsuu

Master of Sword and Shield
i've heard all sorts of hillarious stories from banned nexus people, i'm half ass tempted to make an account on the site myself with the intention of being banned just for a one time shot to REALLY lay into those power tripping bastards and show them what "unacceptable site behavior" really is.. lol
no laying all jokes aside, somebody seriously needs to step in and do something about those moderators on nexus cause they are obviously little kids who have no business controlling a website.. people work way too hard on their mods for a bunch of cyber bullies with moderator status to just kick them off the site cause they "feel like it" its mean, wrong, and just not right.

If I knew anything about hacking, I'd blackhat their asses.

jarif

Someone told me a very long time ago and it has been said in this thread. Nexus is good for modding and not for socializing and that's it. I would like to talk to them but I have a lot of mods tracked at the moment till I get my PC in December, so I don't want to be band. Maybe if I did get the chance to them than I might talk to them very nicely and ask them the things they do? Perhaps its because the site is pretty popular and they need to be strict and govern the site to prevent anything bad happening in order to maintain order. If you get to talk to then than really try to be nice as if they was a five year old if you really want to know, other than that troll to your hearts desires you guys.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts