PC All perks on sneaking + fortify sneaking enchantments?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Panthera

Don Gato
I have sneak skill lvl 100 with all perks. I'm planing to make one or two enchantments of fortifying sneak (40% or 80%).

I'm wondering if I will be harder to detect if I add sneaking enchantments with 40% or 80% effectiveness?

Necromis

From what I remember you can actually cause yourself to be more detectable by going over on sneaking. It is some sorta glitch where it subtracts rather than adds once you get past 100% or so on sneak. However, you might want to go with a muffle enchantment instead. The reality is, once you are at 100 sneak you should not be caught anyways.

Adam Warlock

Enchants for sneaking are like a flare when you`re at 100 .
If you think it makes a difference , try Fortify Sneaking potions.
I don`t know how effective they are ( ?% potion x whatever degree of detectability is left ? )
since I`m on Xbox as well.
if you have light armor or clothes with Muffle spell and 100 sneak , you can creep around and do practically anything except stand directly in front of your foe in a well lit area.
There`s another perk that also lets you run silently(very helpful with Falmer)
If you want to do more than that , go Invisible

Adam Warlock

Don`t forget that your sneak skill is only one of a number of factors that determine detection.
Casting spells can give you away without the Silent Casting perk.
Carrying an unsheathed weapon or attacking (except maybe with a dagger?) also makes noise
Sometimes it seems that particular opponents are able to detect you much better than others .
Pirate Captain Safia and the Wizard in the Thalmor Embassy courtyard come to mind

Adam Warlock

How has the Shadow Warrior worked for you ?
It was my very last perk selection but I keep forgetting to use it when I should

Panthera

Don Gato
From what I remember you can actually cause yourself to be more detectable by going over on sneaking. It is some sorta glitch where it subtracts rather than adds once you get past 100% or so on sneak. However, you might want to go with a muffle enchantment instead. The reality is, once you are at 100 sneak you should not be caught anyways.

That's the thing... I've read it about that bug. That is why I'm asking, cuz my previous sneak character also had 100 sneak and all perks, but I was only wearing shrouded armor which has only muffle. I've never tried with sneak bonus, that is why I'm asking if somebody know how much bonus can I add before my character would break... or if I should even bother to add sneak bonus.

I play my new character on master and play just with steel weapons, and I i'm planing to play without armor (trying somewhat hardcore play-style).

Here is my enchanting plan:
- Hat enchanted with archery and water-breathing
- gloves enchanted with archery and one-hand
- ring with magic resistance and one-hand
- necklace magic resistance and archery (optional: instead archery I would use sneak)
- boots muffle and one-hand (optional: instead one-hand I would use sneak)
- cloths I'm in dilemma... poison and disease resistance or health stamina regen.

Panthera

Don Gato
Don`t forget that your sneak skill is only one of a number of factors that determine detection.
Casting spells can give you away without the Silent Casting perk.
Carrying an unsheathed weapon or attacking (except maybe with a dagger?) also makes noise
Sometimes it seems that particular opponents are able to detect you much better than others .
Pirate Captain Safia and the Wizard in the Thalmor Embassy courtyard come to mind
Appreciate your help, but I already know this. I'm more concerned what is the limit before my character breaks or even if it's worth it to add sneak bonus.

Necromis

I would stick with the enchants you plan and forget the sneak bonus if you will have 100 sneak and muffle. Really it is a waste to even worry about it. I normally don't even need to boost all the first % perks in the perk tree to be a silent ninja of death.

Panthera

Don Gato
I would stick with the enchants you plan and forget the sneak bonus if you will have 100 sneak and muffle. Really it is a waste to even worry about it. I normally don't even need to boost all the first % perks in the perk tree to be a silent ninja of death.
Yep I'll just do that. I was just thinking if I could enhance my sneaking skill... cuz it's kinda only defense I have... oh and running (first time I'm not bothering to kill anything which it gets on my way or if attacks me). :D

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
From what I remember you can actually cause yourself to be more detectable by going over on sneaking. It is some sorta glitch where it subtracts rather than adds once you get past 100% or so on sneak.

I thought that was a launch bug that was fixed with the first patch:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim: Patch" said:
Version 1.1

Skyrim Version 1.1 was released on 11/11/2011 (the same day that Skyrim was released), and is the first patch to be released by Bethesda for the game.
Bug Fixes

• General optimizations related to stability and performance.
  • Essential followers recover properly if player fast travels away.
  • Fixed rare instances of dragons flying improperly through objects after player exits an interior.
  • Fixed rare instance where a music track would not stop playing properly.
  • Autosave message properly displays when going through a load door.
  • The fifth level of the Light Fingers perk correctly calculates the Pickpocket skill bonus.
  • Enchanting an item to improve the Sneak skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Sneak skill.
  • Enchanting an item to improve the Lockpick skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Lockpick skill.
  • Corpus Enchanter perk properly calculates bonuses to stats for the player’s new enchantments.
Quest Fixes

There are also players reporting that even though there was nothing in the patch notes, this was fixed with patch 1.3.

Panthera

Don Gato
I have add only 1.5.26.0.5.

Necromis

It might have been, I wasn't sure on that. Either way though he won't need the bonuses really if he is at 100 sneak with muffle perk and muffle gear.

Panthera

Don Gato
I think the patches are cumulative so if you have the most recent one your game should be fully updated.
Oh, I see... do you maybe know if it's any good adding sneak bonus?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts