After Skyrim, what's for me?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

Yeh, I use the XBox our son left behind when he was deployed to Okinawa via the USMC (he wants me to get the new CoD for when he gets to his new station at Cherry Point next March).

Will an external hard drive be good to put that on, then transfer it to my XBox?

I just saw it's for the home in Riften. I dumped Hearthfire because of the so many glitches and things that didn't work (plus the extreme lack of interaction with kid's/wife). Is Hearthfire going to be required for that?

You have to use a flashdrive to transfer the save. Here is the link I used to learn how to do it. Its actually very simple.

CaptMorgan72

So have you tried the save yet? I no longer play Skyrim without it. You get access to all the armors/robes/clothes and weapons in the game. You can wear the hood, boots and robes of the Grey Beards, the Televani robes, the executioner's mask, boots, robes and his huge ax. You can have it all and that is just a small part of what this save gives you. It really is incredible all that it gives you. You can be godlike right out of the gate or just give yourself some nice gear in the beginning, its really up to you. You can also be instantly super wealthy (think of it as an inheritance) there is $10 million gold just waiting for you to claim if you want it. The save is meant for people who have played through the game many times and now just want to have fun without grinding out hours and hours to level, get gear, etc.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
well life after skyrim is quite rough, i tried walking into the market place down the raod to buy some milk, and the guards get called and next thing i know they have these evil catraptions that fire chucnks of metal....life outside of skyrim is so confusing

JClarke1953

So have you tried the save yet? I no longer play Skyrim without it. You get access to all the armors/robes/clothes and weapons in the game. You can wear the hood, boots and robes of the Grey Beards, the Televani robes, the executioner's mask, boots, robes and his huge ax. You can have it all and that is just a small part of what this save gives you. It really is incredible all that it gives you. You can be godlike right out of the gate or just give yourself some nice gear in the beginning, its really up to you. You can also be instantly super wealthy (think of it as an inheritance) there is $10 million gold just waiting for you to claim if you want it. The save is meant for people who have played through the game many times and now just want to have fun without grinding out hours and hours to level, get gear, etc.

Haven't tired it as yet, no flash drive, just an external hard drive. Thing is, I accidentally deleted about 18- months of "work" and three char's a few days ago, so I had to re-roll.

You never did say if Hearthfire was needed. And I'm guessing it has to be the home in Riften for that to work?

CaptMorgan72

Ouch, all that time put into your characters and now there gone. With this save you can start right where you left off, sort of. Your character starts at level one but you always have the option of maxing your skills via the favorites menu until you do get back to the level your characters were at then turn off max skills. Just one small thing the saved mod offers. I am not sure if Hearthfire is required, I don't think it is. A flash drive is really cheap, just go get one and get this save. Yes, the house is in Riften. You can read about all the goodies in the mod here http://www.xboxmb.com/forum/103-eld...-manor-[major-mod]-[xbox-360]-[download].html

CaptMorgan72

The mod will give you the Honeyside house in Riften but its renamed Dovahgolt. In the basement is a hidden door in the brickwall. This leads to all the goodies.

BlueTiger

Very few other games out there compare to Skyrim. There are of course other titles in the elder scrolls series however they are a little outdated graphics wise, but the gameplay is still good In case you haven't heard, the elder scrolls online is coming out soon so you should check that out.

JClarke1953

Yeh, I use the XBox our son left behind when he was deployed to Okinawa via the USMC (he wants me to get the new CoD for when he gets to his new station at Cherry Point next March).

Will an external hard drive be good to put that on, then transfer it to my XBox?

I just saw it's for the home in Riften. I dumped Hearthfire because of the so many glitches and things that didn't work (plus the extreme lack of interaction with kid's/wife). Is Hearthfire going to be required for that?

You have to use a flashdrive to transfer the save. Here is the link I used to learn how to do it. Its actually very simple.

I got the flash drive, and I went to the link showed, but I don't see the option on the upper right of the video. I'm also sent to a completely different address than what yours shows. And I'm doing this on a laptop, so it seems different.

JClarke1953

I felt I was in the same boat as you Daddyorc. I finished high school in 1972, yet circumstances in my life after high school prevented me from obtaining/using any gaming consoles or such.

I've pretty much "completed" Skyrim and Solstheim, and found myself wondering "what now"? The I got my char and Serana enchanted Forsworn gear, and we have been exploring Skyrim from one side to the other, fast traveling only to sell loot.

And, if you have the perk from getting all of the Stones of Benzariah, you can revisit all of the tombs, ruins and anywhere else and go through them again to loot chests that have great gems in them (Now I have so many Flawless Diamonds, Emeralds etc., it's not even funny).

Why not go through Forgotten Vale again, and use the Paragons (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Forgotten_Vale). That is quite a bit of fun, and interesting.

And as long as I've been playing Skyrim, I'm still finding undiscovered ruins and stuff, as well as a few surprises at places I've already "cleared". And speaking of Windhelm, have you helped the East Empire Trading Company?

You graduated high school in 72? Wow, thats when I was born, I thought I was one of the oldest players on this board. Do you play on pc or console? If on pc there are tons of interesting mods you can play with. If you are playing on the Xbox 360 like me, you can use a saved mod called Dovahgolt that will breath new life into your Skyrim playing experience. It is awesome. Here is the link http://www.game-tuts.com/community/...-manor-xbox-360-mod-download-included-122085/
I'm also using a 16gig. flash, but it won't hold this. says not enough room.

JClarke1953

Awe, WTHeck! Now Bethesda has done something with the update to prevent any play at all unless it's installed! The screen is stuck a "loading downloadable content. Please wait...", then it stays there.

If bring in that update, then the game will play. And I'm finding I need a larger flashdrive than a 16 GB as well for that download, and I just spent $15.00 for the flash, which cannot of course be returned.

CaptMorgan72

Ok, JClarke, here we go. Your flashdrive should be plenty big enough. Try this out and see if it works.

First download and install modio http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php
Download the Dovahgolt save and extract it to your desktop. In this save are three saves called “Clear Favorites Menu, The Tenth Divine and Dovahkiin.” You want the Dovahkiin save. http://www.mediafire.com/download/t2inl5n8c5e8oji/Dovahgolt (Final) 3-2-2013.zip
Copy a Skyrim save to your flashdrive. To do that, start your xbox and go to system, then storage, then hard drive, then then games and apps and find Skyrim. Pick a save you want to use and copy it to your flashdrive. Once its copied then safely take it out and plug it into your computer.
Start Modio on your computer and click “open a save” on the bottom.
Click on browse and go to your desktop and select the Dovahkiin save.
Click on New Tab and click USB Stick.
Double click the Skyrim save.
Now you have two saves open in Modio.
Click on Advanced on the left hand side.
Now all you’re going to do is copy the Profile and Device ID from your Skyrim save and paste it over the Profile and Device ID in the Dovahkiin save.
Make sure to click save changes.
Now click General on the left hand side and click “Save to USB Stick” on the bottom.
Now you’re done with the computer part. Safely unplug the flashdrive and plug it into your xbox.

Now copy the Dovahkiin save to your xbox by selecting it from your flashdrive and copying it to your xbox hard drive.

JClarke1953

Thanks for all of that, but now I need to make SURE I have a flashdrive that'll be XBox compatible. What an old N00b dummy I am, lol! Never thought to ask and make sure!

But now gotta figure out how to play without that damn update! Isn't there some way to eliminate it and play without that update? Is that even legal to force us to have that update installed just to play?!?!

CaptMorgan72

The Xbox should configure the flashdrive. You should get a message telling you it needs to configure it. I am not aware of an update. Do you mean an update for the Xbox or for Skyrim?

JClarke1953

Skyrim is the update. It was put in by Bethesda to f-up the vendor capability when you invest in them. The vendor/storekeeper would get about 20k, and then you could sell good, high end loot. With the update, that was removed. It also removed the Oghma Infinium exploit, which really ticked off a lot of us out here.

Now it seems something else was done to prevent anyone from playing unless they have it installed!

As far as the flash drive? XBox did configure it, and also warned it may not do what I wanted it to do. Also, 2 GB were partitioned within the drive, so I had just over 14 GB to use. When I tried to move the files over to it, it said I needed 950+ mgs more room.

CaptMorgan72

You must have your drive filled up quite a bit. I have a 230 GB with 214 free. You say you have just over 14 GB free? That is more than enough. All of my Skyrim files only take up 5.3 GB. You also said when you moved the files over. You should only be moving one file over, the Dovahkiin file.

Also, I just started up Skyrim and there is no update. I usually play daily and I don't remember the last time I seen an update.

JClarke1953

No, it was the flash drive that had just over 14 GB to use. My XBox is pretty much empty but for Skyrim.

I had copied a Honeyside file over to the flash drive, then when I unzipped the needed download, it said not enough room for the flash drive to hold it. I needed just over 950 megs. of space to hold it.

CaptMorgan72

Ahh, I misread. Did you try to follow the directions I typed out?

Also, what's the deal with this update? I haven't seen an update in ages.

JClarke1953

Ahh, I misread. Did you try to follow the directions I typed out?

Also, what's the deal with this update? I haven't seen an update in ages.

I returned the flash drive, gotta go and get one that'll work with XBox, and probably a few GB larger capacity. Most flash drives have a 1-2 GB partition in them anymore, so a 16 GB is really just over 14 GB.

What the heck is the trouble with these Flash Drives? I have a SanDisk 32 GB, the XBox configured it (altho' it said it's not entirely XBox compatible), and yet on my laptop it shows it being full!!!! Free space of only 650kb?! WTHeck!??!!

Would this have to do with the OS? I have Windows 7, so is that what the deal is, or not?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts