• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thecelticlatino

Would you like to see a new, playable race? Either as DLC or in the next Elder Scrolls?

Either as a prequel or a future race. What are your thoughts?

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Im thinking that a shark race would be pretty sweet or maybe a bear one

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Wasn't there a Canine like race? Could have sworn I read that on the Wiki. And, also an Ape Race that lived in Valenwood? I'd like to see these two. Overall, there need to be more Beast Races.

Old Pappy

This might see like an "out-there" idea, but I think that maybe in the DLC, have it going back in time to show the events and be a part of what happened to the darfs and what they did to the flamer aka snow elves, and some how they should make it an option to be able to permanently become a snow elf race or dwarf .

Wasn't there a Canine like race? Could have sworn I read that on the Wiki. And, also an Ape Race that lived in Valenwood? I'd like to see these two. Overall, there need to be more Beast Races.
yeah there was an ape race the Imga or something, this seems to be one of the most discussed topics on the forum, I personaly think that adding a new race would mess up the lore Bethesda has graciously provided us.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
yeah there was an ape race the Imga or something, this seems to be one of the most discussed topics on the forum, I personaly think that adding a new race would mess up the lore Bethesda has graciously provided us.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. I mean if there are preexisting races it wouldn't be messing with any lore. They'd just need to create a reason for them coming to Tamriel. Whether it be an invasion or the new race sought out Tamriel as a new home. Now if they just made up a race out of thin air, then I agree with you, it would mess up the lore.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I feel that Thalmor should be a playable race.
But Thalmors are High Elves.

New playable races sound nice and I would definitely get some kick out of new beast races but that would mean changing the lore around a bit since it's always been those 10 races in Tamriel. I'd rather keep the 10 instead of forcing new features that could kick the lore in the face.

thecelticlatino

I have to agree with hexperiment. I wouldn't want to see the existing races messed up either.

I remember there being a canine-like race in Wizardry 8 (Rawulf?). I know Werewolves kind of defeat the purpose, but they'd make nice rivals for the Khajiit ;-)

I would just like to see more beast races in Skyrim period. More Khajiit and Argonians please :) For DLC maybe a brand new playable race, maybe Bethesda should drum up some concepts and let us vote on it?

I would like to see Maormer, (lore/why they came) they have come to Tamriel because their island home has been thrrust underwater by the sea it could work racial could be resist 30% of melee damage taken for 60 seconds active effects could be swimming faster and resist poison completely initial bonuses +10 to alteration +5 to one handed destruction conjuration archery speech

PelagiusIV

I recall there being a bird race mention in an in-game book as well, might be pretty cool to see one of those. Or any of the Akavari races would be amazing to play as.

If I were to make up a new one not already included in the lore, I'd say either have a bear race, or a halfling race. And before you say it, the Dwemer were not in reality halflings, it was a term brought up by their friendship with giants that caused the name. I think it would be pretty boss to tear through a dungeon as a gnome clad in heavy armor wielding a warhammer, but thats just me :p

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
This might see like an "out-there" idea, but I think that maybe in the DLC, have it going back in time to show the events and be a part of what happened to the darfs and what they did to the flamer aka snow elves, and some how they should make it an option to be able to permanently become a snow elf race or dwarf .

According to the Elder Scrolls Wiki page on Falmer, "the Dwemer forced them to eat toxic fungi native to Blackreach which would render them blind and powerless. Through treachery, the last of the Falmer were made servants and slaves to those who posed as their saviors."

You can read more about them here: Falmer - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Golgo_SPB

although it would be awesome to have a race that exists within in the lore of tamriel, but weren't playable for some reason, become playable, I think I'd like it if they made the differences of each race more distinct. not too fond of the any race can do any build idea.

Shadowbane

Premium Member
way I see it, if they add new land they can add new races that Inhabit those lands and create a backround for that race within those lands without messing up the lore.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
I really want to see a beast race without a tail that is more warrior based. Kajhiit and argonians just dont feel right to play as a warrior...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts