• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Cydonia was from DoE, MSD.

Edit: JK LOL FORGOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    But he changed from Valora to a different kingdom called Cydonia for this one. This was all a while back though, that's why we can't remember anything :p

Delusional

Wait, didn't you RP as Cydonia in DoE as well? Same name, different kingdom? I'm confused AF.

Delusional

Right, and your kingdom in AND is in Morrowind now. Good thing I still remember Azar Harif.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    This is a great Rp idea, Delusional your Kc reminds of something yet I can't quite put a finger to it.

Just wondering, are you all still accepting people?
    It seems even if you are it seems I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Delusional

Does it remind you of the Alin from Rise of Legends?

Yes, we will consider accepting new people into the RP.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    A quick Google reveals an old game I haven't played for years and yet the details are so vague in my mind but I do believe it is the Alin, and their City of Azar harif. I just find the lack of sand magic odd or is it there and that is why you can create such jewels in the sand? :p

Now I feel so Nostalgic pity I lost the game after we moved, Damn you internet...

Delusional

The sand magic is there in the desert alright, but they haven't discovered it this early in the course of their kingdom. To provide a quick background to this RP, we started this universe a while back with the RP Dawn of Kingdoms, during which I used Azar Harif the original version. By that time in the kingdom's development, 500 years after the End War, when DoK took place, they had already discovered and some had even mastered the archaic sand magics. Then, in the following RP, Dawn of Empires, the kingdom of Azar Harif grew into a massive empire of several provinces--the Al-Rukh Sovereignty, where Azar Harif was just a state among.

Then, after that one died (it had a short life), we decided to rewind a bit and start earlier than we had before in DoK, so I decided to use Azar Harif again and show how the kingdom first discovers and encounters these desert mysteries that come to define them in the future.

Rise of Legends truly is an amazing game, probably one of my favorites. I drew a lot of inspiration for my kingdom from that game, and the Alin specifically.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    The sand magic is there in the desert alright, but they haven't discovered it this early in the course of their kingdom. To provide a quick background to this RP, we started this universe a while back with the RP Dawn of Kingdoms, during which I used Azar Harif the original version. By that time in the kingdom's development, 500 years after the End War, when DoK took place, they had already discovered and some had even mastered the archaic sand magics. Then, in the following RP, Dawn of Empires, the kingdom of Azar Harif grew into a massive empire of several provinces--the Al-Rukh Sovereignty, where Azar Harif was just a state among.

Then, after that one died (it had a short life), we decided to rewind a bit and start earlier than we had before in DoK, so I decided to use Azar Harif again and show how the kingdom first discovers and encounters these desert mysteries that come to define them in the future.

Rise of Legends truly is an amazing game, probably one of my favorites. I drew a lot of inspiration for my kingdom from that game, and the Alin specifically.

Ah, So this is a prequel among the other two Rp's which means I don't have to really revise any lore from those Rp's.
    The end war I presume is just some terrible thing that happened that's the setting point for your Rp, and since it's only 70 years after that period the Kingdoms should be pretty small with little but enough structure and economy.
    So anything that's Reasonable and stems from some sort of lore would be okay?

The Alin are pretty annoying if you ain't them though. I remember the times where my friends and I would occasionally battle with each other, also where we kind of had a bet to see who could finish the game first on hard.
    Rise of legends has a place in a list of my top strategic games, It also stemmed from the typical fashion of strategic games from that era and gave a sort of new breathe in the genre (Magic and steam punk instead of something like WW2 or Age of empires, whilst all good in their respective aspects they can get pretty boring of repeated play.).

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Well, a reboot-prequel.

Anyway, if Specter doesn't return to claim Valenwood, Valin can have that. And since Irish hasn't responded to my message regarding this, if you can produce a good KC for the Summerset Isles and she doesn't show up then your chances for joining are good.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well, a reboot-prequel.

Anyway, if Specter doesn't return to claim Valenwood, Valin can have that. And since Irish hasn't responded to my message regarding this, if you can produce a good KC for the Summerset Isles and she doesn't show up then your chances for joining are good.

Who has Skyrim then? I've seen you mention stuff about Elsweyr and the Khajiits but I've must have missed stuff about Skyrim.
    Also I've seen there is quite a bit of land that is scattered around not being used, gives me some idea of some Pirate-like scattered type of nation. Hell there is even some small islands to the West of Tamriel. That could be perfect for a pirate cove.
    The pirate idea would also work if Irish doesn't show up like you said.

Delusional

The End War was a cataclysmic, continental-wide war that shattered any former powers that held control over Tamriel. Essentially, it's starting with a blank slate, with no province lines, or any former powers like the Dominion or Empire. It's a new beginning for Tamriel, birthed through years upon years of chaos and destruction.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Oh, right, Skyrim. That's open if you'd like; it was originally MSD's, but we relegated it to being just full of small warring tribes. If you do go with it, you may want to lean more toward west Skyrim/the Reach, since when we expand the best way for MSD would be up, and then there's still plenty of High Rock that Ponder didn't claim (I'm holding out that he'll show up though, because his kingdom was really cool).

Though you seem to be considering a pirate/seafaring kingdom, in which case my advice is to not go with traditional pirates. The Isles would presumably have collapsed from within, and people in such a desperate situation can veer off in a lot of ways. One that would be particularly interesting would be a very harsh, religious kingdom with a premise similar to that of Shantytown in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome - the government is little better than the rabble, but they keep the worst in line. And religion makes it even more interesting, since these people are latching onto it crazily. Anyway, just throwing that idea out there, perhaps it will inspire you.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    The End War was a cataclysmic, continental-wide war that shattered any former powers that held control over Tamriel. Essentially, it's starting with a blank slate, with no province lines, or any former powers like the Dominion or Empire. It's a new beginning for Tamriel, birthed through years upon years of chaos and destruction.

That's what I pretty much thought. Also hence the Title , The new dawn and all previous titles. Essentially re imaging in your own way.

Delusional

OP, Ponder wasn't even around when we originally started this. Nor was he around when we started DoE. With these kingdom RPs, he likes to make a really, really cool kingdom, then never post in the actual RP thread, disappearing completely once it is put up.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    True, true. But that's just what's happened with the past two RPs, he could always resurface. Ponder, international man of mystery...

Delusional

If Ponder is one thing, he is indeed the man of mystery.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts