• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Rianele Ashsmith sighed as she followed the path down from the College towards the Frozen Hearth. She had been told of a letter waiting there for her, with the seal of the Council on it. Why the Council wanted her, she had no idea. But she was positive it wouldn't be good.
    She entered the inn, and crossed to the barkeep, Dagur, and said,
    "Hey, Dagur. I heard you got a letter for me?"
    "That's right, little dove. Seal of the Council, and all. Don't rightly know what its about but if the Council's involved, it's something big and important, if you ask me."
    Ria took the letter from Dagur, thanked him, and sat down at a table alone. She noticed Eirid and Nelacar sat on the other side of the inn, but she paid them no mind. She tore the seal, and opened the parchment.
    Rianele Ashsmith.
    The Council knows who you are. We are in need of help.
    Bandits, thugs and criminals of all makes are now in control of Elsweyr, after a shocking attack.
    We need to drive them out. We cannot let them get away with such an act.
    The Council is told that of all the people in Tamriel, you are the one to help.
    They heard of your experience with such criminals, and your resulting hatred.
    So the Council asks of you;
    Come to the White-Gold Tower in Cyrodiil.
    Come to the Council.
    We need your help.
    The Ruling Council of Tamriel
    Ria stared down at the letter, reading it over and over again. She could not believe that the Council, the Ruling Council of Tamriel, would need the help of a 19-year-old girl. She didn't want to help; it would involve causing immense amounts of pain, which she had hated to do ever since that traumatic event three years ago. But who was she, to refuse the Council? She certainly wouldn't be 19 by the time she was let out of their dungeons if she did.​
    "Looks like I'll be gone a while, Dagur." Dagur sighed sadly. He had always been kind to her, like a second father. "I'll miss you too." Ria stood up suddenly, and decided that if she didn't go now, she would never be able to bring herself to go. She ran to the door, and stopped. "Goodbye for now, Dagur." And with that, she sprinted off back up to her quarters in the College. She gathered up her things, including Dragonfire and her travelling gear. She got changed and looked at Sand, who was asleep in the corner, curled up yet still taking up most of the room. She laughed. Sand had grown quickly. Since the pair had come to Skyrim two years ago, he'd grown from barely being a pup to an enormous monster of a tiger. He scared most of the students away from her quarters, as well as most of the people in Winterhold. She knelt down beside him and scratched his ears. Sand stretched and yawned, then got up. He always knew exactly what Ria was thinking. He followed her up into the Arch-mage's quarters.
    "Arch-mage Aren!" she called, "I need to go." Savos Aren looked shocked and unsure what was happening. Ria handed him the letter, and watched as his face got even more shocked.
    "Of course, Rianele. You must go. I hope, for your sake, that it is not as bad as it sounds."
    Ria nodded, hugged the wizened old mage, and set off, down to Cyrodiil.​
    She took the road past Riften, heading south through the Rift and into the far north of Cyrodiil. After a few hours of travelling, Ria and Sand were a few leagues into Cyrodiil, and much closer to the Tower. Ria gasped; even from here, the White-Gold Tower could be seen in the distance. But she was exhausted, and she set up camp here for the night.​
    Ria woke in the morning, and found Sand had brought her a rabbit for breakfast. She skinned it with a short hunting knife and put it in a stew. She hurriedly wolfed down the liquid and set off again. By the end of the second day, they had reached the Heartlands, and halfway through the third day, they finally reached the Imperial City. She had had to catch a boat ride from a kind old man who had offered her a lift, but she was there.​
    She put a collar around Sand to show everyone in the city he was tame, and then hired a room in a nearby inn to sleep.​
    They slept for nearly twenty hours, exhausted by their unbelievably fast journey. The two of them woke, and then tried to find their way through the mess of streets to the Tower, which was even taller close up. She finally reached the tower at about one hour past midday, and came across an incredibly tall Nord wearing a chain cuirass with pieces of leather and plate armour over it. He wore a sword at his belt; it looked thin but very strong. The bow and arrows on his back were quite large; the bow looked taller than Ria was herself. He seemed troubled. Not stopping to think that perhaps the man could have less-than-honourable intentions, she quickly strolled over to him.​
    "Umm... excuse me?" The man turned towards her. For the first time she got a view of his face. He had thin brown eyes, a prominent but not overly large nose, and a thin mouth. Covering his chin was a thick black goatee, that stretched up beyond his ears, connecting up with his hair, which was just as black as his beard, shoulder-length and slightly tangled. Just underneath his left eye was a large scar. Ria had a scar in the exact same place, but it was much less conspicuous than this man's scar, which was deep, long and easily noticed. Drinking in all of his appearance at once, his enormous height, his thin but strong body, his handsome but worn face, she could still see that he was just a couple of years older than Ria, and her heart fluttered slightly, as it had when she had been with Uthyn back in Daggerfall. But he still looked as though he had troubles to deal with at the Tower.
    "Is something wrong? You look worried."

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    The stench of dead bodies burned Talia's sensitive nose as she looked around the bandit hideout. There were jumbled footsteps everywhere, some leading out of the cave. A few of the bandits' bodies had been burned. Someone was here before me. Talia looked at a skeleton that still had some flesh on it. And that "someone" was a wizard. Talia scratched her head. Why would a wizard have so much interest in bandits? She kneeled down, reluctantly searching through a less damaged looking bandit's clothes. Gold, lockpicks, a note....a note? Talia opened the note addressed to "Bjorik," reading it silently.
    Bjorik,
    You said that you was gonna come to Elsweyr when we got it.
    Well, we got it. When you come, travel around Cyrodil,
    the whole lot of them council folk are coming after us.
    Talia read the note over a few times. Elsweyr was lost to bandits? She rubbed her eyes, then stood up, walking away from the putrid bodies. Away from the camp. Away from her life. Talia had to get to the council and enlist herself in the fight against the bandits. Talia normally didn't pick sides without the proper incentive, but she realized that if bandits managed to take over Elsweyr, it wasn't entirely impossible for them to get the rest of Tamriel, too. The would be endless loot for them. Talia understood how they felt-the bandits must have been sick of hiding out. In Elsweyr, however, they were probably living like kings! So yes, Talia had to get to the White-Gold Tower. But she didn't know quite how it would happen. And of course, that's when she remembered that she had left her horse, Briar, back in Rorikstead with the family she had been staying with (who had told her to come to the hideout in the first place). Talia smiled and leisurely walked back to Rorikstead, nodding at the guards and ignoring the people who stared at her in disgust. Talia understood them though. The fact that she had a Dunmer voice with a Nordic accent always confused people. They would call her an impostor, a fraud, a wannabe. But Talia was used to it, and she believed that these people simply didn't understand her situation. She couldn't be sorry that her mother and father happened to be of two separate races. She didn't need to apologize for what she was, that was nature's fault. If she would ever apologize for anything, it would be who she was.
    Talia mounted Briar, waving goodbye to her hosts, who were working on their field. With a quiet clucking of her tongue, she bid Briar to burst forward. And she certainly did. Talia sighed-she missed riding like this. Why she was staying with that family for a month, she didn't quite know. But now she was free, and that enlightened Talia. "We must reach Imperial City, my friend," Talia whispered to Briar. Talia didn't think Briar actually understood her, but she felt better when she knew where she was going, and telling it to her horse seemed to make it all better.
    Talia and Briar rode that whole day, stopping a little after dark for a quick break. Talia watered and fed her large steed, even tossing in a few carrots. She dug into the contents of her pouch and pulled out a small green bottle. She was ashamed to have it, but Talia's fingers had begun to quiver. She quickly drained the bottle of its contents, feeling relief and an overwhelming sense of calm. Talia smashed the bottle with her foot in the hope that no one would find it and connect it to her. And on that last note, Talia mounted Briar and urged her forward.
    The route that Talia was taking led her right through Daggerfall. She had been there a couple times on special jobs, but Talia never really got to enjoy the desert homeland of the Redguards. Most people stayed out of her way, but Talia did occasionally have to ride around some warriors who seemed extremely self-confidant. On a normal day, Talia would have challenged them to something to prove their egos wrong, but she was in a hurry to get the the White-Gold Tower, and she couldn't care less about the people around her.
    Soon, Talia reached the Imperial city. It had been four days, and both her and Briar were weary. She dismounted her dark steed, leading her to a stable. It must have been a stable business, because the man glared at her until she gave him a pouch of coins. Only then did he let Talia through to a stall. She led Briar into it, filling up the trough with the only oats she had left. She turned to fill up the water bucket, but it was already full. With a smile, Talia walked over to the stable master. "I'll give you a'hundred an' fifty septims if you'll keep her fed, groomed, and watered." The stable master nodded, and she counted out her coins into another pouch, dropping it into his hands. Only after he had his coin did her notice her strange appearance and voice. Talia smiled at him, "Those Nords and Dunmer say that they hate each other, but I'm proof that they were just too tempted." The stable master grinned when he saw that Talia was chuckling, and she patted him on the back, heading to the White-Gold Tower.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Ardin bumped shoulders with a young woman. She had a young, thin, yet good figure, hair in a braid around her head, and big blue eyes, and thin but full lips. She, like him, also had a scar in the same place on the face. Ardin's was of course bigger and noticeable. This girl was couple of years younger, and was a couple of inches shorter. A sword hung on her hip, Ardin was surprised a girl like her could wield a sword like that, but he had seen it before. It was still a shock regardless. How long were they staring at each other? The only girl he locked eyes with for this long was Avia, and they had to split up. All three of them had to split up. He got a familiar feeling with this girl. For right now, he didn"t know what that feeling was

"Is something wrong?, you looked worried. Not to mention you are in quite a hurry. Bumping into people and such."

EpicVakarian

They stared at each other for much longer than she had intended. The man had turned towards her and stopped, looking over her and into her eyes before staring. Ria had not been able to resist staring back, and they looked into each other's eyes for well over ten seconds before he replied with,
    "You look worried. Not to mention you're in quite a hurry. Bumping into people and such."
    Ria paused for a second, looking up at the man.
    "Erm, yeah, sorry!" Ria kicked herself mentally for sounding so awkward and giggly. "I'm here to see the Council." She decided to go for it. "I'm... Ria. What about you?
    What's your name?" She fully intended to visit the Council, but she just couldn't tear herself away from the immensely tall, handsome man. From the look of him, he was just as struck by her as she was by him. Her heart fluttered again. It had not done that since she had been with Uthyn. Ria felt guilty; Uthyn was not yet even three years dead, and here she was, already trying to get closer to this man.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Majir-Dar's small body was completely out of place in Riverhold now that the bandits had moved in. He didn't care who controlled Elsweyr so long as the Skooma addicts were cleaned up once a week but now, not even that was happening. The moons had come out and Majir-Dar needed some rest. He picked the closest inn to get in. Majir-Dar walked in the door taking in his surroundings. It was a surprisingly clean room with wooden tables and chairs scattered around the place. There was a Nord by the window, a barkeep, and a Khajiit at a table. The Nord was eating a red apple and the Khajiit was doing Skooma. Three things that Majir-Dar hated all in one roof, red apples, Skooma, and Skooma addicts. Majir-Dar walked up to the Khajiit barkeep trying to ignore the other patrons, he rented a surprisingly cheap bed and promised to get at least 6 hours of sleep. Majir got what he expected, his room was a cheap pile of crap. Barely washed linens on the bed and only a dresser decorated the room. Nonetheless he had rented the room so he was going to sleep in it, he undressed but left his locket on. Majir-Dar woke up to an Imperial trying to steal his Ebony locket, this set Majir into a rage. "What the bloody HELL do you think your doing you Imperial pig!?" Majir flew out of his bed not even bothering to dress. He took the man by his collar and punched him hard enough in the face to make him fly 5 feet across the room. The locket contained a sketch of his deceased wife and he would die before he let some stranger steal it from him. The Imperial ran away and Majir dressed, ready to leave. That was when the barkeep walked up and offered him a free month with food and drink if he would guard this place against bandits and thieves during his stay. Majir-Dar thinking that the inn had a suite replied, "I want a suite not that filth behind me". There wasn't a suite but there was an upgrade, and the barkeep happy that he wouldn't be robbed, gave him the upgrade.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Talia looked at the people around her as she made her way to the White-Gold Tower. Were they all talking about her? The way they moved made it seem as if they were plotting her murder. They were looking at her like she was weird. Talia wasn't strange at all, though, it was them! Whatever. I'm getting quite thirsty, she thought, reflexively taking out the tiny green bottle. She bumped into two people who appeared to be flirting. She bowed her head, murmuring her apology, and sped away quickly. Her hands shakily raised the bottle up to her mouth, and she drained it as she had the last one. Only this time she just let it sit on the ground. Smashing it here would only cause a mess.

Soon the tower came into view, and Talia smiled, relieved. She would have to explain what brought her to the Council without their consent. That might be hard. But she would make it work-all Talia would have to do was wait. Someone would turn up eventually. She walked up about halfway up the steps leading into the main hall and sat down, looking out into the streets.

Wolfbane

He heard the girly little giggle she let out, but decided to not say anything for embarrassing her even more. "I'm...Ria. What about you? What's your name?" "Very nice to meet you Ria. I am Ardin Wolf's-bane" He extended his hand for a shake. "May I ask if I can accompany you in your travels? It can be quite dangerous for a cute woman such as yourself." He was being a gentlemen to the girl, but also wanted to get to know her. He felt bad for feeling like this about a girl, but Avia, Hendrikk, and himself said they would have to cut all ties except for sending a few letters. Even the letters had to be minimum. He was now adjusting his sword sheath to a more comfortable position. Ardin was in the city to get his bounty from the past jobs he has done for the council. "Where are my manners? Do you need me to carry anything?"

EpicVakarian

Ria almost gasped as Ardin asked to accompany her. He held out his hand, and he was so tall that Ria had to reach upwards to shake it.
    "It can be quite dangerous for a cute woman such as yourself.Where are my manners? Do you need me to carry anything?"
    As Ardin spoke, a strangely tinted woman bumped into them. She looked Dunmer, but also Nordic. Her voice betrayed her Dunmer heritage, but it was full of an accent that hinted she was from Skyrim. Ria watched her curiously then turned back to Ardin.
    "I'd love for you to come with me," Ria said. "And thanks very much, would you mind holding this for a while? I wasn't entirely ready for the trip, you see." She handed him the bow and dagger she used for hunting, and smiled at him. Sand seemed to have the same opinion of Ardin. He had stepped past Ria and sniffed Ardin's hand, then began to lick his hand quite vigorously. "Sand!" Ria said, mortified. Sand's tongue was, of course, covered in barbs to help him hunt, and when he licked Ria, it stripped skin from her hand within ten seconds. Sand, hearing her scolding, retreated, whining slightly. "Sorry," Ria said, laughing. "He doesn't realise how big he is. So what are you doing in the City?" She was genuinely interested. To start with, they couldn't start adventuring together until both her business with the Council was done and Ardin had done what he came to do. He clearly didn't live here; he was too... too rugged, and he was quite clearly a Nord. His immense height and long beard betrayed that. No, the chances of him actually living in the Imperial City were slim to none. He was obviously here on business of some sort.

Wolfbane

"I would love to come along." He smiled back as he took her bow and dagger to put on his back. "Big pet, you have there. I love animals myself. Don't be sorry! Anyways, I am in the city to collect my bounty for a couple jobs I did in the imperial city. I'm a bounty hunter. Well a "Law bringer" if you want to be certain about it. What are you doing in this city? I assume not to turn in some hard bounty like I am?" He laughed.
    "I suppose I should pack these up huh?"He tried his best to left up his shirt without exposing his chest, and the scars. "There we go!" Ardin felt a bump and turned to see a woman walk pass him. "Excuse me miss! She must be on a mission as well." Ardin brushed his hair back from his eyes, and ran his finger down the scar on his face.

"Was your trip safe? Where did you come from? I traveled from Skyrim to here. I love the cold as much as the next nord, but I am getting sick of it! After a while you can hardly move your fingers, and it's even harder to sleep! Hopefully your trip was better than mine!"

EpicVakarian

A bounty hunter! Ria thought this must have been a dream. Adventuring with a bounty hunter would mean she would get to deal justice to bandits and the like; the people she hated the most in this world.
    "A bounty hunter? Awesome! I've just got this Oblivion-damned letter from the Council, asking for my help. I don't know why they need my help or why someone else couldn't do the job better, but you know, there's no refusing the Council!"
    Then Ardin told her he had come from Skyrim. "No way! I was up in Skyrim as well! Where were you? I was in Winterhold, at the College, for the past two, three years. Sorry, Ardin, but do you think we could walk as we talk? I really need to get to the Council."

Wolfbane

"Letter from the council? My, my somebody must be important! I'm from Falkreath. We can walk and talk. There is nothing much in Winterhold, is there? My travels have brought be up there a couple of times. There definitely is no refusing the council. Just ask me! I suppose I can walk in with you, they wouldn't mind seeing me. I guess we should get going?" Ardin moved her bow back up his shoulder so it wouldn't fall down. He was very interested in her, and the council's reason for sending a letter requesting her aid.

"Did the letter say of anyone else coming to join you? Or was the letter a little vague? The council loves vague letters."

EpicVakarian

"No," Ria replied, taking hold of Ardin's arm as they walked, "the letter didn't say much more than something about bandits, and Elsweyr as well. It was addressed specifically to me; it had my name on it." She paused, waiting for a reply, but then continued; "So, Falkreath. I hear it's one of the most beautiful places in Tamriel. And the most morbid. Yeah, Winterhold is a bit of a ghost town. The only people who live there apart from the College students are the Jarl, his aides, the barkeep and the shopkeepers. But I like it; you get to know everyone because there's so little people there. It was certainly strange when I first got there. I was born and raised in jungles, you see. In Daggerfall. I'm a Breton, that's why I have my inborn skill with magic." She neglected to tell him just how much power she held; she didn't tell him of the event with the bandits on the beach. "So obviously, I was living in hot, muggy undergrowth for sixteen years, then suddenly I was in Winterhold; snowy, icy and empty. Not that there was many people where I used to live; I was raised as part of a small village in the jungle. My father is the blacksmith back there and he was good friends with the chief, so we had a pretty good life there." Ria sighed sadly, remembering Uthyn, her parents, her house back in the jungle and the wonderful life she used to live.
    "What about you? I imagine you had a pretty good life too, living in Falkreath?"

Wolfbane

"Well my childhood was good. Only had one brother, my father was a veteran of the great war and then worked at the lumber mill, whatever he could. My mom was also in the great war, but she was a healer. That's how they met! Funny, love on a battlefield. My father trained my brother and I in swords, shields, then armor. My mom taught us minor restoration spells,reading,writing, and some archery, and cooking haha. We were raised with good morals, good parents, and a drive to make things better for us and anybody who needed it. Falkreath is pretty, quite, you know everybody there. There are some stories about Falkreath, about the graves, but I tend not to listen. After My brother and I came of age we joined a traveling order of bounty hunters. It was an honor. After that we drifted apart." That was putting it lightly. What happened to him, his family, and the rest of his company was something he wasn't going to share openly. "We have come from such far away places, yet here we are. Funny isn't?"

By this time they were almost at the tower's doors....

EpicVakarian

"It is!" Ria noticed the lack of explanation to his brother's disappearance from his life, and knew then that both of them were hiding something about their past. "Well, there's the Tower." Ria climbed with Ardin up the steps, and she noticed the grey-tinged Nord/Dunmer woman from earlier. "Hey, look. It's her again." She pointed subtly. She seemed to be waiting for something.
    "Excuse me?" Ria asked the woman quietly. "Are you okay? It seems to me as though you're just waiting. May I ask what you're waiting for?"
    The woman looked up. Ria took in the look of her face. Grey skin, that reminded her of the sunset's shadows on the snow in Winterhold. She had slightly pointed ears, and her eyes were a paler colour of Ria's blue. Her irises were huge; much bigger than any normal Nord's eyes, and made the whites of her eyes incredibly small. She shocked Ria, but Ria knew not to stare for worry of offending her. The woman paused.
    "I'm Ria. What's your name?"

Wolfbane

Ardin looked behind them to see a grey skinned woman from before. Ardin knew it would be impolite to not introduce himself, but he was the quiet type, so he waited for the woman to speak. Most of the time he would have avoided people, even people like Ria, but there was something about her. He couldn't place it so he shrugged it off. "Do you want me to put your things down, my friend?" He asked Ria in a friendly voice. "Do you think the council is already waiting?" He would have walked in without them, but the council didn't send for him, plus it would be rude to leave Ria after accompanying her this far.

EpicVakarian

"Oh, yes thank you, Ardin. The Council can wait a few minutes!" She sat down next to the woman, smiling at Ardin, and kept waiting for her response.

Wolfbane

"As you wish". Ardin smiled back at Ria. He decided to lean against a wall and keep guard. You can It's instinctive for him. Seeing how he served with the Legion and his company. He kept his right hand hooked on his sheath for easy access. You never know who is behind a corner, and they can easily blend in with the crowd

Domino

Veramir looked past his spot on the wagon to stare at the massive walls of the Imperial City and the much more massive White-Gold Tower. The imposing tower stood over all of the City, as if watching all it's inhabitants. Veramir smirked. It's really changed since I was here last, Veramir thought. Then again, it was on fire and there were bodies everywhere...I wonder if people are still holding that grudge...

The wagon finally came to a stop, just outside the city's gate and headed to the stables. Veramir got off, paid the carriage driver and began to walk through the gates. He was quickly stopped by a pair of guards who scrutinized him carefully. "What is your business here, elf?" one of the guards asked. Veramir simply smiled and reached for something in his robes. Both the guards then pointed their spears at him. Veramir looked at them, unamused. "Is that really necessary?" he asked. The guards didn't answer. Veramir sighed and finally pulled the item out of his robes: a small letter with a special seal stamped on the front. He slowly showed it to the guards. "I'm on official business with the Empire." Veramir said. The guards looked over the letter and their eyes slowly widened. They both turned to Veramir and bowed. "M-Much apologies, sir. Please go right in!" Veramir grabbed the letter and smirked again. "Thank you." Veramir then passed through the gate. He made sure he was out of sight of the guards before cursing. "Blasted fools. Even though the war's still over, the tensions are still high." Shaking his head, he walked through the streets, studying all the new stores and homes that had been built in his absence. As he approached the opening of the Tower, he noticed that a small group of people were congregating towards the entrance. "Must be mercenaries. That would explain their odd outfits." Approaching them, he spoke to the large Nord amongst them. "You there! Do you know what level the Imperial Council is on?"

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    "Ria," Talia mumbled, then quickly corrected herself. "I mean, my actual name is Strongarm. Talia Strongarm, hailing from Skyrim." She flashed a small smile at Ria, she could see the concealed surprise on her face. Talia knew that people meant no harm, but she did look rather strange. Talia looked over to the Nord, who seemed to only talk when mumbling something to Ria. Of course. She stood up, feeling better now that she was on an equal level with those around her.

An Altmer approaching managed to catch Talia's eye, and she raised an eyebrow as he addressed the Nord. She shrugged, looking back at Ria, sticking out her hand. "I would hope that you are heading to the Council to speak to them about the, ah...Bandit problem."

EpicVakarian

Ria was glad when the woman replied, smiling, that her name was Talia Strongarm, and that she had come from Skyrim.
    "There's all sorts of people coming from Skyrim today! Ardin and I have both come from there as well! Well, I don't come from there, so much, but I lived in Winterhold." The pair of them watched as an old Altmer man walked over and began to talk to Ardin. Ria and Talia both shrugged, and Talia said,
    "I would hope that you are heading to the Council to speak to them about the, ah... Bandit problem."
    "How in Oblivion did you know that? Yeah, they sent me a letter to ask for my help. Did you get one too?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts