Can't Decide between Stormcloaks or Imperials...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

So what do you think?

• Stormcloaks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Imperials

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

Two Bears

High King Torygg said:
When Ulfric Stormcloak, with savage Shout, sent me here, my sole regret was fair Elisif, left forlorn and weeping. I faced him fearlessly - my fate inescapable, yet my honor is unstained - can Ulfric say the same?

Words from the man himself from a position where he's got no more cause to lie.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
What threat does US faces? Its rather isolated. But US still keeps a huge navy, army and airforce.
What?

tumblr_mbv085fkAq1rioycbo1_500.gif

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
What threat does US faces? Its rather isolated. But US still keeps a huge navy, army and airforce.

Well Tamriel doesn't have any Nukes, jet fighters or enemies that can reach Skyrim without passing through the Empire. Sea of ghosts isn't something an invading Navy can use. This is the time of swords and bows, not machine guns and jet fighters.

So tell me where is Skyrim in threat from?

Mookie

Well Tamriel doesn't have any Nukes, jet fighters or enemies that can reach Skyrim without passing through the Empire. Sea of ghosts isn't something an invading Navy can use. This is the time of swords and bows, not machine guns and jet fighters.

So tell me where is Skyrim in threat from?

Thalmor at that time. Now empire and thalmor

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....They are given lodgings but what do you expect, that Ulfric tears down the city walls and build mansions for them? There is only soo much buildable space in the city...
This is a straw man. The issue isn't about availability of space. The issue is that by law the Dunmer are not allowed to live outside of the Gray Quarter. This is a matter of incontestable fact supported by various NPC dialogues. As Jarl of Eastmarch, Ulfric's word is law and he enforces the laws of his Hold because he chooses to do so, i.e. they are reflective of his values and attitudes. It should be noted though that those are his actions as Jarl of Windhelm and Eastmarch, i.e. as a political leader of the Hold and not as military leader of the Stormcloaks. While the Stormcloaks are obviously a nativist movement, and that inherently is going carry some notions of race based entitlements for Nords, they are nothing like the Nazis. Also, since each Jarl runs his Hold as he or she chooses, Ulfric's attitudes and policies wouldn't extend beyond the borders of his Hold if he were to become High King of an independent Skyrim.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
First things first the Thalmor could not invade Skyrim without going through Highrock or Hammerfell so they're out and the Empire wouldn't be fighting if not for Ulfric.

Mookie

First things first the Thalmor could not invade Skyrim without going through Highrock or Hammerfell so they're out and the Empire wouldn't be fighting if not for Ulfric.
So we can have a horny 20-yearold on the throne because thalmor will have to go trough hammerfell to reach us first :sleepyface:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
This is a straw man. The issue isn't about availability of space. The issue is that by law the Dunmer are not allowed to live outside of the Gray Quarter. This is a matter of incontestable fact supported by various NPC dialogues. As Jarl of Eastmarch, Ulfric's word is law and he enforces the laws of his Hold because he chooses to do so, i.e. they are reflective of his values and attitudes. It should be noted though that those are his actions as Jarl of Windhelm and Eastmarch, i.e. as a political leader of the Hold and not as military leader of the Stormcloaks. While the Stormcloaks are obviously a nativist movement, and that inherently is going carry some notions of race based entitlements for Nords, they are nothing like the Nazis. Also, since each Jarl runs his Hold as he or she chooses, Ulfric's attitudes and policies wouldn't extend beyond the borders of his Hold if he were to become High King of an independent Skyrim.

Well they might since he has Galmar forcing himself onto the Jarls.

"Heh. Ulfric's put me in charge of keeping an eye on the new Jarls. You know, make sure they're generally following orders." - Galmar

Mookie

Its about space and law. If there is no that law where would they live. Show me a place in that city where you can place a single house. Just one spot

Mookie

Well they might since he has Galmar forcing himself onto the Jarls.

"Heh. Ulfric's put me in charge of keeping an eye on the new Jarls. You know, make sure they're generally following orders." - Galmar

Generaly following orders - type like assemble the troops, etc..

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Generaly following orders - type like assemble the troops, etc..

Well the armies are loyal only to Ulfric not the Hold they're assigned to. He makes mention that the Jarls will need his armies to rule etc.

Galmar: "I still say you should take them all out like you did Deadking Torygg."
Ulfric: "Torygg was merely a message to the other Jarls. Whoever we replace them with will need the support of our armies."

Mookie

Well the armies are loyal only to Ulfric not the Hold they're assigned to. He makes mention that the Jarls will need his armies to rule etc.

Galmar: "I still say you should take them all out like you did Deadking Torygg."
Ulfric: "Torygg was merely a message to the other Jarls. Whoever we replace them with will need the support of our armies."

Making sure of something is a mark of a good leader. Not a bad trait. Generaly following orders is OK, its making more efficient while not infringing on liberty and power of jarls too much.
General orders can be anything from assemble the army to clear the reach of forsworn etc.. Do I have to list all of them XD