Can't Decide between Stormcloaks or Imperials...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

So what do you think?

• Stormcloaks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Imperials

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
There hasnt been a true high king for generations. Ulfric used a right he had, why didnt the others stop him then? He went in a city allone. Why didnt everyone attack him? Because it isnt illegal to challenge a man.
He could have used more underhanded methods

He went into the city under false pretenses. Everyone thought he was going to ask the High King to declare independence, since the High King does need the support of his Jarls to do something like that. So instead of declaring independence from the Empire peacefully, he challenged the High King which by Skyrim tradition if he refused he would of been removed by Moot. Ulfric however used the voice, something that has never been used in a traditional duel since the Way of the Voice forbids it. Which the way of the voice has been in effect since the First Era it is tradition also. The use of the voice is one of the major factors in which many Nords are against him and view it as murder.

"But a hero doesn't use a power like the Voice to murder his king and usurp his throne." - General Tullius

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Because he didnt want to learn it. He wasnt interesten in anything apart from Elysif.
Out there in the world are a lot of men. Some weaker and some stronger than me or you. So we should all bow to the weakest among us because it isnt fair to fight him?
That is your logic.

Not everyone can learn the voice, it's those who are gifted in it can. Very few can actually study at High Hrothgar, you need to have the gift of the voice but also be accepted by the Greybeards. Jarl Balgruuf also went there, but he didn't pass the tests. Not everyone can learn it, those who can it takes years.

Mookie

He went into the city under false pretenses. Everyone thought he was going to ask the High King to declare independence, since the High King does need the support of his Jarls to do something like that. So instead of declaring independence from the Empire peacefully, he challenged the High King which by Skyrim tradition if he refused he would of been removed by Moot. Ulfric however used the voice, something that has never been used in a traditional duel since the Way of the Voice forbids it. Which the way of the voice has been in effect since the First Era it is tradition also. The use of the voice is one of the major factors in which many Nords are against him and view it as murder.

"But a hero doesn't use a power like the Voice to murder his king and usurp his throne." - General Tullius

General Tulius isnt exactly a knower of Nord customs so I will write tha quote off.
He didnt went under false pretenses. Everyone thought he was coming for that reason but it isnt like ulfric declared at the gates that he is coming to ask for independence. They ass-umed. And you cant acuse him of false pretenses when he didnt make them. And still, he had a lot to go from blue palace to city gates.

Mookie

Not everyone can learn the voice, it's those who are gifted in it can. Very few can actually study at High Hrothgar, you need to have the gift of the voice but also be accepted by the Greybeards. Jarl Balgruuf also went there, but he didn't pass the tests. Not everyone can learn it, those who can it takes years.

Jarl Balgruf went on pilgrimage, not to study voice man.
With years of practice and devotion anyone can learn it. How long did it take Ulfric. 10-15 years to learn it? Its all in the effort

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
General Tulius isnt exactly a knower of Nord customs so I will write tha quote off.
He didnt went under false pretenses. Everyone thought he was coming for that reason but it isnt like ulfric declared at the gates that he is coming to ask for independence. They ass-umed. And you cant acuse him of false pretenses when he didnt make them. And still, he had a lot to go from blue palace to city gates.

No one would of guessed he would challenge the High King, considering it was Torygg who greatly respected Ulfric and actually for what he said during Torygg's moot about an independent Skyrim. Torygg was his biggest ally, the man liked Ulfric Stormcloak.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
With years of practice and devotion anyone can learn it. How long did it take Ulfric. 10-15 years to learn it? Its all in the effort

The Greybeards make mention not everyone can study at High Hrothgar, they accepted very few people. Ulfric Stormcloak was accepted. Do you see any others besides Masters? No. So they do indeed take their selection very carefully.

Mookie

No one would of guessed he would challenge the High King, considering it was Torygg who greatly respected Ulfric and actually for what he said during Torygg's moot about an independent Skyrim. Torygg was his biggest ally, the man liked Ulfric Stormcloak.

Here is a challenge. Go to blue palace, smack jarl elisif with a sword and walk towards the gates, dont run, walk. Lets see what hapens.
Everyone was expecting speech that police didnt do anything, that vampire didnt do anything, erikur didnt do anything, thanes did nothing, housecarls did nothig, and you know why? Because he did what was allowed and it wasnt illegal.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Tullius was sent to Skyrim because the Nords were in Civil war. I think he can say that since Half of Skyrim has declared him a murderer, he has a pretty easy idea over the issue.

Mookie

The Greybeards make mention not everyone can study at High Hrothgar, they accepted very few people. Ulfric Stormcloak was accepted. Do you see any others besides Masters? No. So they do indeed take their selection very carefully.

Still doesnt prevent him from trying.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Here is a challenge. Go to blue palace, smack jarl elisif with a sword and walk towards the gates, dont run, walk. Lets see what hapens.
Everyone was expecting speech that police didnt do anything, that vampire didnt do anything, erikur didnt do anything, thanes did nothing, housecarls did nothig, and you know why? Because he did what was allowed and it wasnt illegal.

Ulfric didn't walk out, he ran like a bat out of hell. The man fled out of the city at full speed.

Mookie

Tullius was sent to Skyrim because the Nords were in Civil war. I think he can say that since Half of Skyrim has declared him a murderer, he has a pretty easy idea over the issue.

Yeah, like his ignorant ways about nord culture and everything else...

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.

This thread should be closed. This guy can't accept being wrong. Stop posting bullplops replies and opinionated "facts". Don't believe me? You just said Torryg wasn't interested in anything besides Elisif (way to prove your point man).

Ulfric challenged THE HIGH KING, used the Voice out of context, and cheated to win.

Also, you're wrong(once again). Few and far between people can learn the voice, even fewer can master it enough until it can be a weapon. If everyone could use the Voice, everyone would be practicing and putting in "effort".

Mookie

This thread should be closed. This guy can't accept being wrong. Stop posting bullpl*** replies and opinionated "facts". Don't believe me? You just said Torryg wasn't interested in anything besides Elisif (way to prove your point man).

Ulfric challenged THE HIGH KING, used the Voice out of context, and cheated to win.

Also, you're wrong(once again). Few and far between people can learn the voice, even fewer can master it enough until it can be a weapon. If everyone could use the Voice, everyone would be practicing and putting in "effort".

I wont accept being wrong because I aint :)
Now first thing, watch your mouth. I came here to relax and discuss if I feel like it. Not to hear curses and swears. So either calm your tits or stop posting.
He didnt cheat, he used what is at his disposal. A better sword could then be seen as cheating. A well rested night is also cheating. Being more calm is cheating. Being stronger is cheating. Being better is cheating.... If my logic is bull then what is that logic like good sir?

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
Proof......?

Wow dude
do you even play skyrim?

The Gateman had to open the gate because no one else would. if it was legal, roggvier wouldn't have committed treason, since helping a normal man is allowed.

Mookie

Go try and hold your breath for 10 minutes, some people can so you should be able to too.

TALK TO PEOPLE!!! and you'd see that he ran like a b!tch that Balgruuf did try and learn the Thu'um and that Roggvir was guilty

Those people train. They didnt exactly emerge from their birth canal and started holding breath for 10 mins at time. Practice makes perfect.

How did he run, I play skyrim for a long time and am yet to hear of ulfric runing away.

Mookie

Wow dude
do you even play skyrim?

The Gateman had to open the gate because no one else would. if it was legal, roggvier wouldn't have committed treason, since helping a normal man is allowed.

No one else would? I mean seriously man? He is the gateman. He opens it, its his job. So he opened it. He doesnt read minds, he assumed that guards would do something if Ulfric did something wrong

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
I wont accept being wrong because I aint :)
Now first thing, watch your mouth. I came here to relax and discuss if I feel like it. Not to hear curses and swears. So either calm your tits or stop posting.
He didnt cheat, he used what is at his disposal. A better sword could then be seen as cheating. A well rested night is also cheating. Being more calm is cheating. Being stronger is cheating. Being better is cheating.... If my logic is bull then what is that logic like good sir?

No. A sword against a sword is fair, a dull blade can cut skin. Sleeping well? Eating well? being more calm? No that is natural preparation.

Your logic is not logic. It's illogical at the base. Just to break the ice I guess but yeah you're wrong.

Mookie

No. A sword against a sword is fair, a dull blade can cut skin. Sleeping well? Eating well? being more calm? No that is natural preparation.

Your logic is not logic. It's illogical at the base. Just to break the ice I guess but yeah you're wrong.

OK I challenge you to a duel. I want your.. I dont know I want your meadery. I am a blade expert, trained for 20 years with a best blade that can be crafted in all of tamriel in my hands.
I ate I slept and then came to challenge you, a meadery man over ownership of meadery.
What now