Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Not quite; it depends on what aspects you try to debate about, and so far we've only had political/economic aspects.
How about we try and see the advantages/disadvantages of civil life under the rule of certain factions?

For example, Stormcloaks have no sense for hygiene.
At least Balgruuf's men bathed regularly. These Stormcloaks always smell of ale and sweat, and their breath reeks.

Well they also wouldn't have to pay for the Legions, quite expensive keeping them stationed in frontier provinces.

Nine forts and four cities with legion garrisons... I'd say we'd be taxing quite a bit.

Secunda_

The Dragon Knight

Secunda_

The Dragon Knight
Under Imperial rule;
- Skyrim is reunified with Cyrodiil and High Rock.

High Rock isn't exactly the best prize on the block, with Wayrest fallen and a Daedric plague going on in villages.
In such a time where Elves threaten to destroy mankind, does it really matter what kind of allies you have?

Hammerfell will likely ally themselves with the Stormcloaks/Imperials eventually as well.

Rimfaxe96

If the Stormcloaks win.. I'm relatively sure all of the Thalmor will be killed. So, yeah.. No presence of the Thalmor :p

Their spies will still be everywhere. Killing Ulfric around the time Skyrim becomes somewhat quiet under his rule is strategically a very smart move actually - the rest of the Jarls will be fighting for the new spot as High King, whatever left of the Civil War will be crushed, social structures will collapse with increased bandit (and in the west, Forsworn) presence - making sure that this time the Empire has no backup to surprise them in the coming war. Then all they have to do is give the Empire the final blow in Cyrodiil.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Eh, I've become somewhat over TES now.

Fallout 4 has got my attention. Custom weapons and armor (They've gone with a sort of Morrowind style to the armor as layers over clothing so you can mix-match say chest, head, left shoulder, right shoulder, left arm and right arm/feet), ability to build settlements and people will come to them (have to build means of food and water for them) build towers, traps and turrets to defend the settlements from raider attacks and even establish trade caravans between your settlements.

Throw in the ability to call a vertibird (aircraft) to ride and man the weapon/ tell it where to land or even jump out.

Then finally... Bethesda has got the approval for mods to be allowed to get ported to consoles.

hershangames

Today, I come to you with an idea that isn't talked about as much as it should in this thread.

What if both the imperials and the stormcloaks suck? Just think about it, there have been great empires in Tamriel, all of them extinct nowadays, but when you enter their dungeons, you can still feel the greatness that once inhabited those rooms. Do you feel that when you enter Nordic ruins? Do you feel that when enter an Imperial building?
If course you don't, because they will never even grasp the true meaning of greatness.

Imperials have had their good times, but nothing to be amazed about.

So what I'm saying is, quit trying to defend your sides, you're all wrong.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Imperials have quite a bit to be amazed about, they went from slaves to Emperors. Lorewise they're quite a unique race due to the division among Imperials known as 'Colovians' and 'Nibenese'. Where Colovians are the diehard Empire supporters, their nobility often make the officers of the Imperial Legion and Imperial Navy, preferring immaculate uniforms and astuere cliff-side fortresses and the lower classes making up the bulk of the local Imperial Legions.

Nibenese are quite mixed in terms of heritage, some families even containing Akaviri lines. Quite political, also in contrast to the Colovians prefer to wear colorful fabrics and make up traders and I would guess diplomats.

The Imperial City being a melting pot of races and cultures, the most cosmopolitan city in all of Nirn and one of the most magically powerful locations in all of Mundas.

Imperials are the most successful race in all of Tamriel in gaining power. They have moments of decline and yet they recover stronger and larger than ever. All eight other races in Tamriel and even some Akaviri have knelt before the might of the Imperials.

It has taken the Thalmor and Aldmeri Dominion 200 years just to become barely equal to that of a weakened Empire.

Keeping in mind that:

a) The seat of the Empire suffered the worst during the Oblivion Crisis.

b) They fell into seven long years of civil war over the Ruby Throne.

c) They had the Umbriel Crisis in which Legions were lost and Cyrodiil overrun by zombies with the very walls of the Imperial City besieged by hordes of undead.

d) Was invaded by a massive surprise invasion by the Aldmeri Dominion, had Cyrodiil completely conquered save Bruma for an entire year. Went on to annihilate an entire main army, hung the Thalmor Lord off White-Gold Tower in a cage being kept alive for thirty-three days.

e) Are still bloody standing.

The Thalmor's greatest achievement was "almost" winning the Great War... Almost just means they failed.

Rimfaxe96

Eh, I've become somewhat over TES now.

Fallout 4 has got my attention. Custom weapons and armor (They've gone with a sort of Morrowind style to the armor as layers over clothing so you can mix-match say chest, head, left shoulder, right shoulder, left arm and right arm/feet), ability to build settlements and people will come to them (have to build means of food and water for them) build towers, traps and turrets to defend the settlements from raider attacks and even establish trade caravans between your settlements.

Throw in the ability to call a vertibird (aircraft) to ride and man the weapon/ tell it where to land or even jump out.

Then finally... Bethesda has got the approval for mods to be allowed to get ported to consoles.

Who knows what TES6 will have to offer. After all Skyrim was rushed to release for the epic 11.11.11 numbering.

I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about making your own settlements though; in Assassin's Creed Revelations they tried to make players defend their towers in different parts of the city and boy was it annoying.

Ancano

High Justiciar
Imperials have quite a bit to be amazed about, they went from slaves to Emperors. Lorewise they're quite a unique race due to the division among Imperials known as 'Colovians' and 'Nibenese'. Where Colovians are the diehard Empire supporters, their nobility often make the officers of the Imperial Legion and Imperial Navy, preferring immaculate uniforms and astuere cliff-side fortresses and the lower classes making up the bulk of the local Imperial Legions.

Nibenese are quite mixed in terms of heritage, some families even containing Akaviri lines. Quite political, also in contrast to the Colovians prefer to wear colorful fabrics and make up traders and I would guess diplomats.

The Imperial City being a melting pot of races and cultures, the most cosmopolitan city in all of Nirn and one of the most magically powerful locations in all of Mundas.

Imperials are the most successful race in all of Tamriel in gaining power. They have moments of decline and yet they recover stronger and larger than ever. All eight other races in Tamriel and even some Akaviri have knelt before the might of the Imperials.

It has taken the Thalmor and Aldmeri Dominion 200 years just to become barely equal to that of a weakened Empire.

Keeping in mind that:

a) The seat of the Empire suffered the worst during the Oblivion Crisis.

b) They fell into seven long years of civil war over the Ruby Throne.

c) They had the Umbriel Crisis in which Legions were lost and Cyrodiil overrun by zombies with the very walls of the Imperial City besieged by hordes of undead.

d) Was invaded by a massive surprise invasion by the Aldmeri Dominion, had Cyrodiil completely conquered save Bruma for an entire year. Went on to annihilate an entire main army, hung the Thalmor Lord off White-Gold Tower in a cage being kept alive for thirty-three days.

e) Are still bloody standing.

The Thalmor's greatest achievement was "almost" winning the Great War... Almost just means they failed.

Who that called my n... oh.

Incorrect. Bruma and Cheydinhal were the last remaining Imperial cities, with Cheydinhal close to collapse.

Concerning your Emperor and his charge at Red Ring, in short we allowed your Empire to walk away because the Empire repented itself of Talos worship. There was no reason for the Thalmor to continue the war at that point, no matter what was lost, although they could have.

Hopefully, you have the good grace to give us credit for showing sympathy, something the Empire has not been fond of doing in the past. Cloud ruler temple and a great MANY cities in Cyrodiil paid the price for protecting Talos, indeed, civility in Cyrodiil is barely possible.

Thus, the Empire really is in name only. If anything, it is the Empire of Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil is itself in part administered by the Thalmor, who have so thoughtfully provided the Empire with many years of peace.

It is my hope with the Emperor's 'retirement' the Elder Council will continue it's cooperation with the Thalmor and enjoy many more years of peace in the Dominion.

Last edited:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Who knows what TES6 will have to offer. After all Skyrim was rushed to release for the epic 11.11.11 numbering.

I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about making your own settlements though; in Assassin's Creed Revelations they tried to make players defend their towers in different parts of the city and boy was it annoying.

Fallout 4 looking as it is... TES 6 will be beyond words.

Woman, that is Ubisoft not Bethesda.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
We help save Skyrim and these local Nords condemn us for using Necromancy.

Stormcloaks want to build Heimskr a temple... fl*ffing Heimskr! Where is my temple!?! I'd have even settled for them building me a research lab for my experiments... But no, I have to pay the Jarls for crappy houses.

The Dunmer gave me a house on Solstheim for free, and even paid me 10k Septims. They may live.

The Nords are very protective over their dead ancestors. I don't blame them for the negative attitude towards Necromancy because I wouldn't want another Necromancer rooting around my dead ancestors grave, and reanimating them back to live serving their new necromancer master. I do salute the Empire for their positive views for the dark magic, and acknowledge the magic as a tool to prevent the deaths of the living during an active war.

Solstheim is a very fascinating place, I admit as a Nord. I even like it far more than Skyrim.

Rimfaxe96

Woman, that is Ubisoft not Bethesda.

Little boy, no publisher is beyond making mistakes. Although with Bethesda it's far less likely than Ubisoft.
Heck, I was at this year's Gamescom and Ubisoft was the only publisher who was greedy about fan merchandise. Bethesda and those fellas from Final Fantasy XV on the other hand had enough for the whole crowd.

Last edited:

Ancano

High Justiciar
Fallout 4 will prove to be huge disappointment. It will be full of bugs with no one listening or caring in Technical Support.

Mod support will be degraded, with as usual no one listening in the modder community either and the elitists #$%@its at Nexus will continue their fascist dick swinging, making thousands of dollars in advertisement(s) and the actual modders NOT SEEING A DIME.

Thank God the Fallout 4 Collector's Edition is all sold out because it is just another waste of money, another broken game that will have problems and maybe a few people will actually get to enjoy it after fixing all the problems themselves.

Meanwhile, I'll still be somewhere in Fallout 3 keeping it real at the Anchorage Memorial / simulator.

I highly HIGHLY doubt Fallout 4 can beat the Anchorage Simulator. I will be really flffing surprised.

Last edited:

Ancano

High Justiciar
Under Imperial rule;
- Skyrim is reunified with Cyrodiil and High Rock.

High Rock isn't exactly the best prize on the block, with Wayrest fallen and a Daedric plague going on in villages.

Incorrect. High Rock is awesome! They got... hills... and some sand... and lots of woods infested w/ cutists... ancient ruins to get lost in (no treasure really you just get lost)... they got some tap water... got that all day. Oh and lots of thugs and pirates out to loot your arse... what more could you want?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Fallout 4 will prove to be huge disappointment. It will be full of bugs with no one listening or caring in Technical Support.

Mod support will be degraded, with as usual no one listening in the modder community either and the elitists #$%@its at Nexus will continue their fascist dick swinging, making thousands of dollars in advertisement(s) and the actual modders NOT SEEING A DIME.

Thank God the Fallout 4 Collector's Edition is all sold out because it is just another waste of money, another broken game that will have problems and maybe a few people will actually get to enjoy it after fixing all the problems themselves.

Meanwhile, I'll still be somewhere in Fallout 3 keeping it real at the Anchorage Memorial / simulator.

I highly HIGHLY doubt Fallout 4 can beat the Anchorage Simulator. I will be really flffing surprised.

You're just all doom and gloom, ain't ya?

Mods will also be coming to consoles for Fallout 4, so chances are (I am only speculating) that you'll be downloading from the new Bethesda net or something like that.

Fallout 3 had some of the worst glitches, and game breaking bugs when it was released. Not to mention the whole game as Todd Howard said makes your session depressing after walking around seeing the same grey plops for hours.

Fallout 4 looks extremely amazing, Bethesda out did themselves. They listened to what a lot of fans wanted, and even went back to some of their Morrowind roots for wearing armor, layered armor is awesome. Finally I can wear something and place whatever plops I want on it, mix and match styles.

We can custom our power armor and get a jetpack? fl*ff Fallout 3.

Sure we could get nice stuff in previous titles with mods, but having it in the actual game creates the best stepping stone for even better mods.

Last edited: