Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Divayth Fyr takes top place. He made female clones of himself to help around the house, also have sex with... and at the same time call them his daughters.

post-26182-disgusted-animated-gif-QwyA.gif

Dunmer are so weird. And here I thought nobody could beat Direnni nobles having their own Nede chick collection.

The aristocratic Elves established a system of feudal vassalage over their human subjects, with rights and privileges that included the "Perquisite of Coition" with any human they desired. Sex with attractive Nedes was considered casual recreation, and Direnni nobles competed to have stables of the most desirable human subjects.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/bretons-mongrels-or-paragons

Hmmp. No wonder the Bretons are such an attractive race.

Interesting your mention of the Direnni. Though their rule didn't last very long it did help human-elf relations... literally. ;)

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Hey uhhh... quick question. If no one objects, what did you guys think about TESO? Those that have played it, that is. Is it worth playing? Or just running around chasing waterfalls like in WOW.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Hey uhhh... quick question. If no one objects, what did you guys think about TESO? Those that have played it, that is. Is it worth playing? Or just running around chasing waterfalls like in WOW.

I got bored of it while I was beta testing it... Oh and I also kept getting crashes among other things. I'm sure they fix the issue on the final version.

Edited:

I'm highly disappointed that the Molag Bal storyline wasn't saved for the next elders scrolls game. It would of been fluffin awesome to have seen it... and for him to interrupt the second great war between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion with his presence, and to dominate Tamriel.

Would be nice to have the option to let it fall by aiding Molag Bal (You would be fighting one of the Divines (Perhaps Shor and his legion of army from Sovngarde) or fight against him (One of the Divines would aid you in battle).

Last edited:

Rimfaxe96

The quests didn't bore me, but tediously having to run around with the fear of enemies spawning who are able to crush you with a few hits was something I disliked. Not to mention the fact that horses cost something over 40k gold, and at level 12 I only had like 3k (wasn't good at earning money beside quests and selling the stuff I looted though, never got too much of a hang of alchemy or cooking). I played as a mage and still felt like easy prey to the NPC opponents. When I quit TESO a buddy convinced me to play Tera, and in that game I never had to worry when 2 guys ganged up on me.

I never had any problems with the game technically though; played on highest graphic settings and it never crashed, only froze 2 times when I started it (but that fixed itself in a matter of less than a minute, and those 2 times really weren't tragic for me).

A shame, really. I liked the questlines (that I played) and the armor looked pretty sweet too. But if I hadn't decided to skill for Conjuration to get the ability to summon the Daedra monkey thing to help me out a bit, I probably wouldn't have gotten far beyond Level 5.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

The quests didn't bore me, but tediously having to run around with the fear of enemies spawning who are able to crush you with a few hits was something I disliked. Not to mention the fact that horses cost something over 40k gold, and at level 12 I only had like 3k (wasn't good at earning money beside quests and selling the stuff I looted though, never got too much of a hang of alchemy or cooking). I played as a mage and still felt like easy prey to the NPC opponents. When I quit TESO a buddy convinced me to play Tera, and in that game I never had to worry when 2 guys ganged up on me.

I never had any problems with the game technically though; played on highest graphic settings and it never crashed, only froze 2 times when I started it (but that fixed itself in a matter of less than a minute, and those 2 times really weren't tragic for me).

A shame, really. I liked the questlines (that I played) and the armor looked pretty sweet too. But if I hadn't decided to skill for Conjuration to get the ability to summon the Daedra monkey thing to help me out a bit, I probably wouldn't have gotten far beyond Level 5.

Interesting, thanks again guys. Sounds very challenging, yet rewarding at the same time.

One of those games where you really have to put a lot into every tatic you use and notice everything in order to stay alive.

Excellent. Well, I can't wait to play it. So far after... 2 hrs we're still at 3% :rolleyes: after installing from disc. StarCraft 2 was same way, yet works just fine after everything is finally loaded.

Anyone else have any TESO horror stories to tell?

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Divayth Fyr takes top place. He made female clones of himself to help around the house, also have sex with... and at the same time call them his daughters.

I'm going to start worshiping him like a god! I fluffing swear I am! fluff Talos! Divayth is who I will be worshiping for now on.

Hes not crazy or mad... Hes a fricken genius!

Hah

He's married... to 4 wives... and is 4000 yrs old. Yeah I'd think you'd have to. Only a God can pull off something like that.

Ivory

Let's Player

It's my favorite game. I run a small RP guild, I have 7 characters out of 8, the questlines are fun when you don't rush them, the leveling speed is perfect, the PVP is INSANELY fun despite the issues. (I hate PVP but I'm addicted to it in this game)) Everything flows well, you even have feels in there and have to make choices that DO matter in the storylines and quests.

Rimfaxe96

*sigh* I really hope someone from UESP is going to make a detailed database from every single TESO quest, NPC and dialogue.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

It's my favorite game. I run a small RP guild, I have 7 characters out of 8, the questlines are fun when you don't rush them, the leveling speed is perfect, the PVP is INSANELY fun despite the issues. (I hate PVP but I'm addicted to it in this game)) Everything flows well, you even have feels in there and have to make choices that DO matter in the storylines and quests.

Excellente. Yeah a 'friend' of mine was into WOW and she like... tried HARD to get me into that mess. And, it was interesting, some of the raids were fun but kinda got old... shooting arrows thru the other plp in the raid party when fighting the boss for instance.

Also, WOW seemed to be missing a sense of realism or something. I don't know how to describe it. Too cartoonish, just... couldn't relate to a lot of the content, you know. One moment we're in the desert and the next, 40,000 leagues under the sea, yet the sea level hasn't drowned or crushed me like a tin can. Stuff like that.

Ivory

Let's Player
Excellente. Yeah a 'friend' of mine was into WOW and she like... tried HARD to get me into that mess. And, it was interesting, some of the raids were fun but kinda got old... shooting arrows thru the other plp in the raid party when fighting the boss for instance.

Also, WOW seemed to be missing a sense of realism or something. I don't know how to describe it. Too cartoonish, just... couldn't relate to a lot of the content, you know. One moment we're in the desert and the next, 40,000 leagues under the sea, yet the sea level hasn't drowned or crushed me like a tin can. Stuff like that.

ESO is trying to stay as lore friendly as possible. Recently they just released a new pet for loyalty subs, an Ice wraith which is fun for roleplayers. They're also adding proper Dwarven Armor in the next update and to learn it you need to find ripped pages from a dwemer book to learn it. It's fun. not "lolherehavelvl90atstart"

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

ESO is trying to stay as lore friendly as possible. Recently they just released a new pet for loyalty subs, an Ice wraith which is fun for roleplayers. They're also adding proper Dwarven Armor in the next update and to learn it you need to find ripped pages from a dwemer book to learn it. It's fun. not "lolherehavelvl90atstart"

God I know that's right. And really, that's the mentality to have. So in other words, they're not just changing the game, they're changing the way players think... in the game... which is very profound.

That is the best mentality to have. Stick to what you know, make 'em earn it and *think* before taking action or making deicisions and then make the rewards worth earning by not hoaring them out to these social criminals who has no skin in the game and just want their kicks for some childish reason.

Brilliant.

Also, about the lvl 90 start... I'd postulate my Skyrim char... who is chopping wood after just leaving Helgen... has accomplished more in an hour than someone who spent just as much time lvling to 90 in WOW.

Meanwhile, my Att Fast Access DSL is pulling 1.59kB/S on the ESO d/l, which is at 3%. No one in ESO will ever be able to defeat me. Because at this rate, I'll never be able to launch the game. :eek:

Last edited:

Ivory

Let's Player
Also, about the lvl 90 start... I'd postulate my Skyrim char... who is chopping wood after just leaving Helgen... has accomplished more in an hour than someone who spent just as much time lvling to 90 in WOW.

Meanwhile, my Att Fast Access DSL is pulling 1.59kB/S on the ESO d/l, which is at 3%. No one in ESO will ever be able to defeat me. Because at this rate, I'll never be able to launch the game. :eek:

Send me your ID when you get in-ame. Be glad to add ya!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Send me your ID when you get in-ame. Be glad to add ya!

Excellent. Will do.

Now. We have some business to attend to before I take off. I know, I've been promising for some time now to take a break from this. And that time has come at last.

So. Wouldn't be fitting to just leave with out handing out the last part of my research into this matter.

While it isn't much, I believe there is an answer to this question.

So, ultimately I cannot decide between the two sides - as is. Both has every right to exist and both have a strong case. An Empire corrupt, gone astray, Cyrodil forcing it's will on Highrock and Skyrim without representation and Skyrim rebelling not wanting to get pulled down with it, then we have the Thalmor forcing the Empire into a position it doesn't want to be in, making them into the bad guy when it's really all about the Thalmor and Empire still a good guy with bad leadership and the Imp Gov is trying to find a safe route out of the mad house, back to Freedom and Prosperity.

The answer is Gen Tullius. Depending on what you're looking for I suppose, however, if Ulfric wins... then there is no more Empire which goes against the will of Talos. Yet, allows Freedom of worship but the Empire however could grant this just as well in time as it once did in the past.

Gen Tullius is not the same man as he was in the beginning, the Civil War changes him over to the Stormcloak's thinking. Keep in mind, end of day the Emperor and his admin are all 'dead' at the hands of the Elder Council who promises dramatic change(s). With that in mind, Ulfric's rebellion has changed Gen Tullius for the better as he says he's on his way to discuss the ban on Talos with the Emperor - Clearly, the ice has melted and the apathy is beginning to fade in the Imperial leadership. As opposed to Ulfric who will continue to be manipulated by the Thalmor in the future, even if he's an unwilling participant. Think about this. An Imperial victory is actually very bad for the Thalmor.

Not to mention how the Empire allows the moot yet, Ulfric denies i

~

The Empire was wrong yet the Imperial leadership is determined to right the wrongs, even if it means war. Per Gen Tullius's ending dialogue and Elder Councilman speech.

The Stormcloaks are right, yet they're wrong because the Thalmor, who are wrong, are supporting / manipulating their cause behind the scenes.

So, anything good the Stormcloaks might accomplish will be overshadowed by their Thalmor overlords. As opposed to an Empire whose new leadership will stand up to the Thalmor as Gen Tully did at Helgen. Just because Ulfric rebels against the Empire does not mean he will stand up to the Thalmor and sitting off in the corner by yourself does not count.

Arriving at this decision was not pleasant and I really wanted to be able to say the Stormcloaks were right, however, the fact that so many of their followers follow Ulfric without question and that even he is unaware he's being used by the Thalmor, even funded by them, is reason enough to eliminate them as being part of the solution, as this abuse will only get worse after Ulfric is made High King of Skyrim.

I do not support the Empire because, "It is the Empire". And clearly, it is not the Empire from Oblivion. In a way, the Empire becomes the Stormcloak rebellion in the end, thus fulfilling it's goals and saving the Empire in the process which denies the Thalmor their goals without what amounts to an Thalmor puppet on the throne of Skyrim. This takes the charismatic element out of the cause and just leaves the cause. A cause, the Empire takes up thru Gen Tullius and the Elder Council, whom disagrees with Titus Mede's policies.

Gen Tullius becomes the middle ground. I also feel he handled himself very well during 'Season Unending'. Without this 'middle ground' there can be no victory against the Thalmor.
While there are numerous other reasons I could list, I respect opposing viewpoints and understand that this has been hard on everyone.

Best Wishes, Legate Fasendil

Last edited:

Lewsean

^ But, the Civil War isn't about what's the better option to face the Thalmor(The threat they pose is over-rated imo, they couldn't take the IC after launching a surprise attack, they won't stand a chance now). It's about forcing out a 'ruler' that imposes the will of their enemy on their own citizens. I'd be all for the Empire, if not for the fact that they'd rather conduct a Civil War against Skyrim than stand up to the actual enemy... Instead they're sat up on the fluffing mountain drinking their ale and cosying up to the ENEMY whilst Imperial citizens are being forced to abandon their traditions by the order of the very people the Empire now considers 'friends'. I could never, ever support an institution that considers such acts as a necessity.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
^ But, the Civil War isn't about what's the better option to face the Thalmor(The threat they pose is over-rated imo, they couldn't take the IC after launching a surprise attack, they won't stand a chance now). It's about forcing out a 'ruler' that imposes the will of their enemy on their own citizens. I'd be all for the Empire, if not for the fact that they'd rather conduct a Civil War against Skyrim than stand up to the actual enemy... Instead they're sat up on the fluffing mountain drinking their ale and cosying up to the ENEMY whilst Imperial citizens are being forced to abandon their traditions by the order of the very people the Empire now considers 'friends'. I could never, ever support an institution that considers such acts as a necessity.

The inst didn't support it... one man did, the false-Emperor Mede. I don't support the inst, I support the leaders trying to change it. Choosing the Empire is simply a formality.

If one man's actions can damn the Empire, another man's actions can save it. Gen Tullius even before the battle of Windhelm says that Ulfric is right about the Empire, however, he does not condone Ulfric's murdering Imperial citizens or his insurrection. Think about it.

Gen Tully's closing dialogue indicates he takes up the Stormcloak's cause in the end and he's an Imp Gen. His heart his changed and sometimes the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time can make all the difference in the world.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts