Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

At least there are some who are trying, and not spending the majority of time smooching on DrunkenMage's ass all the time. This thread would cease to exist if everyone agrees with him, and refuses to challenge him in a debate. In fact this thread would be quite boring without a challenge from time to time.

Unless if DrunkenMage spends his entire life on the elders scrolls lore I'm sure that theirs some aspects that he himself aren't aware of.

Mage will admit if he does not know something, but there is a lot that Stormcloak arguments fall apart when Mage gets through with them.

a lot of times on this thread, there are not ANY discussions/debates. Most of the time, it is simply someone spouting their opinion and ignoring everything else while using whatever you can to prove yourself right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Repost due to some odd error.

So Jarl Skald the Elder represents Ulfric's leadership? The Silver-Bloods using Forsworn as assassins, who use mercenaries to bully land owners and extort shop keepers. Represent Ulfric too? What about Dengeir who gets you to break into someone's house against the law, do the Stormcloaks value freedom until paranoia gets the better of them?

The Silver-bloods may support Ulfric but they're not the Jarl, yet. Igmund seems to be OK with what the Silver-bloods are doing. Even his Stewart suggested that he throw them in prison for their activities with the Stormcloaks.

Rearek: "Igmund, we need to talk about the Silver-Blood family."
Igmund: "What about them? They seem loyal enough."
Rearek: "Loyal? Thongvor supports Ulfric and his Stormcloaks! We should imprison the entire family as a precaution."
Faleen: "I second that, Igmund. Who knows what that family will do for power? They could be working with the Forsworn, for all we know."
Igmund: "Enough! We can't imprison the very people that own the jail we would be throwing them into. The Silver-Blood family are to be left alone, am I clear?"
Faleen: "Yes, my Jarl."
Rearek: "Yes, my Jarl."

The High King of Skyrim represents the Empire and Imperial authority. The rest of Skyrim doesn't often have high Imperial authority and the Jarls obey the High King. They have a duty to uphold the law, but Jarl Hrolfdir and his son were deposed, and by Igmund's own account they became desperate.

Jarls can't represent three entire provinces, they're nobles who own a Hold.

So does the Jarls. They have the authority to arrest citizens and to execute them base on the severity of their crimes. They're also support to follow Imperial laws. Yes they obey the High King, and part of obeying the High king is to become enforcers of Imperial laws in their holds.

Jarl Hrolfdir and his son, Igmund, almost initiated the return of the Great war for making such promises of open free worship of Talos to a group of desperate Nords to retake back the Markarth as a full payment.

Because it was their home, and they were kicked out of it. If someone took your house by force, kicked you and your family out. Wouldn't you want it back?

According to the natives of the reach It was their home that was taken away, not the other way around.

Yes, use the Mage. Court Wizards don't care who is in charge. Though you are right in saying that many citizens don't care who is in charge because they've never had a say anyway.

Vilkas or farkus (I don't remember which one) mentions something similar.
It was most likely Vilkas, he is the brains of the two brothers

Ondolemar

At least there are some who are trying, and not spending the majority of time smooching on DrunkenMage's ass all the time. This thread would cease to exist if everyone agrees with him, and refuses to challenge him in a debate. In fact this thread would be quite boring without a challenge from time to time.

Unless if DrunkenMage spends his entire life on the elders scrolls lore I'm sure that theirs some aspects that he himself aren't aware of.

Mage will admit if he does not know something, but there is a lot that Stormcloak arguments fall apart when Mage gets through with them.

a lot of times on this thread, there are not ANY discussions/debates. Most of the time, it is simply someone spouting their opinion and ignoring everything else while using whatever you can to prove yourself right.

Otherwise known as "The Gauntlet" or "MadMage beyond WinterDome".

Last edited:

Ondolemar

Why do people always try to win a lore battle against @DrunkenMage? Don't people know that there is no winning against someone who knows what they are talking about?

Of course. Oblivion was the same... "The Future". However, there are future elements which can be inferred. TES VI will be boring as hell without the Thalmor... and you all know it.

Behold the Future! Behold the Thalmor!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

Ondolemar

It is you Stormcloaks who have this horrible problem with denying that anything like this could happen, because it would ruin why people should join the Stormcloaks. It doesn't. All it does is just show that no faction is a saint.

The large part of the reason why I am a PRO Stormcloak in the first place is because I firmly believe in independence. I do not like the majority of the Stormcloak supported Jarls, and i'm not afraid to speak it too. I think that if anything Ulfric made the mistake of choosing these characters to run the hold. Ulfric is human after all so he is allowed to make mistakes.

If the Empire is smart enough they'll let Ulfric take over Skyrim by becoming the next new High King, and let him make as many mistakes as he can. Let the people get fed up with Ulfric from his consent mistakes, and let them beg for the return of the Empire. Ulfric's primary goals is to go after the Aldmeri Dominion himself... thinking that he will succeeded while the Empire falls. The Empire can save much needed resources if they allow Ulfric to follow his dreams of leading his men, and himself to death by fighting with the elves.

IMO it is a good idea for a province not to overly depend on the Empire, but learn to fight for themselves while the Empire is in recovery mode.

Civilization requires conformity. Conformity is the first rule to creating a society, Taxes are the first rule of maintaining said society. Taxes created economics and everyone in or outside the society must trade... eventually. And thus, conformity provides independence at a price.

Imperials pay a price one way, Stormcloak pay same price a different way, Thalmor set the price for both. ;)

Last edited:

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

A lot of the Stormcloak arguments can also be backed up with facts and lore.

Just checkout the Stormcloak bible at http://colonelkillabee.tumblr.com/post/69423051613/stormcloak-bible-index

Of course. Oblivion was the same... "The Future". However, there are future elements which can be inferred. TES VI will be boring as hell without the Thalmor... and you all know it.

In the mean time......

36140-2-1368780352.jpg

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Look at the position of the comma, yep, right after "ever was made". Did you notice something in my first sentence? I performed a what's called a run-on sentence. To put it bluntly, Arrianus had nothing to do nor was involved in the second conjunction of the post.
A run-on is a sentence in which two or more independent clauses (i.e., complete sentences) are joined without appropriate punctuation or conjunction
That was kind of my point Charles, I was saying you took the quote out of context, to make it look like the lore page had stated that. Also, "as" is appropriate conjugation to merge Arrianus' claim to the statement provided, because "as" is synonymous with "because" meaning they were saying that Arrianus claimed that Ulfric committed these atrocities. On the topic of words and wordplay and such is Xander pronounced with a "Z" sound or more like an "Sh" I'm assuming "Z"
You strayed away from my question quite meekly. I asked you a question, not a possible outcome.
Actually I provided your analogy with an analogy of my own.
Actually you avoided my question. To you it has no significance, but it has to do with a lot more than just your opinion.
Hello? Look around you, Most of the Nords ARE Barbarians. Tullius is straight-forward and to the point, he wants this act of rebellion quelled so he can move on to more oppressing matters, such as the Thalmor. There's a huge difference between lack of knowledge and personal spite. Your source of excuses is becoming exhausted.
Right, okay, uhh tell me something, how many Barbarians live in proper villages and make due on businesses, or live in cities and do the same or houses in the woods that they built. If you're referring to the class "Barbarian" then I guess I'd have to agree with you, although there are definitely more Warrior Nords in Skyrim. Tulius certainly wasn't.
I was referring to the class, but the Nords have a long history of barbarism.
I said I don't want to touch on this subject, but very well. The Jews weren't hunted down because of their religion, they were hunted down because they were JEWS! They did have to get false identities, so that they hoped that they were seen as Germans and not Jews. Did Hitler say it was God's fault that they lost WW1? No, he blamed the Jews and the German people believed him. Jews were not the only people that were killed you know. All Blacks, Homosexuals, individuals with mental or physical disabilities, P.O.W.'s and Gypsies were put to death. Hitler believed in conspiracy theories that regarded the Jews as Communists and claimed that they had deliberately made Germany lose World War 1 by causing strikes, subversion and revolution on the home front. He also said that they had deliberately caused the Great Depression. Worst of all, some of these conspiracy theories claimed that the Jews were seeking world domination and were therefore in competition with Germany's bid to dominate the world. So no, you were completely wrong. Yes, you did try to compare them together, why else would you bring it up? Research. Please!
Yep, I read "Adolf Hitler" too. Tell me something, are you aware that Judaism is a RELIGION and that to seem like you aren't Jewish you would have to HIDE YOUR RELIGION and the only way to be Jewish is if you're of the Jewish faith because they're an ETHNORELIGIOUS group of people meaning that to be a Jew you have to be of the Jewish faith. I never said Hitler killed them for their religion, I'm saying they were hunted for it. Whats the best way to tell if someone's a Jew? Figure out his/her belief system. They weren't visually identifiable if that's what you're suggesting.
No Idea what book you are referring to. You are completely failing to understand the point. Jews were hunted down as a RACE, not a religion. Hitler didn't kill anyone, he persuaded the German people that the Jews were interfering in their plans for world domination and that they were responsible for the loss in WW1. You are saying that they were hunted down for their religion, but I have yet to see any compelling evidence that doesn't say otherwise.
You know, you reminded me of a very fitting quote in a film I watched. Guy 1: "What's the point of living if it means throwing away your pride?!" Guy 2: "You're a strange one all right, but pride doesn't count for much when your dead..you know?" Now you are just generalizing Nords again. If hiding your religion is cowardly to them, then I respect the ones who choose cowardice over undeniable death.
Why? I'm not generalizing Nords half of them obviously behave this way. Pride counts to the Nords when they're dead, because if you don't die staring death in the face, guess where you're not going? Sovngarde, the most sought after place in all of Nordic society. Y'know for someone who claims to be a Nord you don't seem to know a lot about your main character's culture. Just an observation.
"All "realms" that souls return to upon death are really the same place. It is only the perception of that place that is different. This is very different from Oblivion which has each realm defined by definite boundaries, while Aetherius seems to have none--it is all the same place. This follows with the concept that the Aedra do not comprehend boundaries, while the Daedra are composed of boundaries.

Aetherius is also the realm of the remaining Aedra. All the Aedra exist in the same space, while the Daedra all have different spaces."
Sovngarde is a realm of Aetherius. And it is possible to travel from Aetherius to Oblivion and back. For it is assumed that a soul cannot escape Aetherius without using the Dreamsleeve, but it can travel between Oblivion and Aetherius if enough strength is used. Whether or not this requires the aid of an Aedra is beyond me. (This is if we take Kodlak's spirit's last words into account where he claims he will gather the Companions in Sovngarde to rescue his fallen friends in Hircine's realm.)
Putting it simply, a soul will go where it is believed and destined to go. If I died of old age rather than in a fight and believe I was brave enough to go to Sovngarde, then that is where I will go.
There you are still generalizing the Nords. Not all of the Nords share the same views as the Stormcloaks, so it's wrong to put them all into the same category like that. Also, you HAVE to go to a shrine to receive blessings? Last time I checked, all of the shrines in my house worked perfectly fine and gave me the correct blessings. There are also plenty of shrines scattered across Skyrim that don't have any temple or statue that still give out blessings.
Okay I explained the Nord part already, the Stormcloaks clearly think this way, I'm not generalizing I'm observing, and learning about, the people that are my favorite TES race. As for the Shrines, did you really just say that? Well not everybody has a shrine in their house, you built your house and built some shrines so you have shrines, Most people don't have shrines in their home, and can't receive blessings. Also I'm pretty sure the Shrine working just fine is because of player convenience. You'd most likely have to get that blessed by a priest. And guess what, those Shrines are being watched by the Thalmor. Need proof, here you go:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Elisif's_Tribute
We didn't pay much attention to it when I was a boy - everyone still had their little shrine to Talos.-Alvor
Drunkenmage stated that normal blessings are not a common circumstance. I don't have any proof of or against that, so i'm going to take his word for it.
The dominion is compromised of a hell of a lot more than the Thalmor. Yes the Thalmor are bad, but do you think the Empire really had a say in who could or could not enforce the treaty? Plus, when they say that they are keeping the Dominion out, they (obviously) mean the Dominion military forces. I think YOU should drop it because it is personally not a relevant argument, because it is quite obvious.

"What the rebels like to forget, is that the Empire is the only thing keeping the Dominion out of Skyrim." How does that mean anything different than it already says? Oh yes, the Empire is BSing about the keeping the Dominion out of Skyrim. Because OBVIOUSLY the Dominion military is occupying Skyrim right now! How could I and everyone else been so blind? Pathetic excuse of an attempted argument. Yes the Thalmor are part of the Dominion, but they are not THE Dominion as you are generalizing them to be.
He said this "What the rebels like to forget, is that the Empire is the only thing keeping the Dominion out of Skyrim." meanwhile this is happening everyday:
View attachment 34132 They may not be the whole Dominion, but they're representing them pretty well.
Indeed, so I guess it's better to not have more of this than there already is then right?
What are you talking about? What people? You are making 0 sense again. Please explain.
Are you saying you don't know about all of the people that were kidnapped for worshiping Talos? secretly by the way. Pretty much one of the main reasons the Stormcloaks are fighting?
You said "I guess they asked for the permission of the Jarl to kidnap all of those people, right?" When we were/are still on the subject of Markarth and the facts on Ondolemar's mission. Saying something like that makes it very confusing.
Well then I'm sorry, but please answer the question: Do you still think the Thalmor really need the Jarl's permission to do this?
From what I gathered, yes they do. HOWEVER if they find compelling evidence that is irrefutable, than they have all of the authority they need. How they obtain the information though is completely up to them.
Referring back to what exactly?
I believe it was your 2nd post in this argument. It should about 1 page away.[/QUOTE]
Please verify as I have no idea which one.

Ondolemar

In the mean time......

In the meantime, WGC will be enforced, heathens / terrorists hunted down and exterminated with extreme prejudice... lot of torturing to do... "woo-ooo-ooo" "tck tck" *points to Raijin w/ both hands*

qha-k6-9c82.jpg

Last edited:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Silver-bloods may support Ulfric but they're not the Jarl, yet. Igmund seems to be OK with what the Silver-bloods are doing. Even his Stewart suggested that he throw them in prison for their activities with the Stormcloaks.

He isn't arresting them because they support the Stormcloaks? Igmund doesn't even have evidence on them, they haven't done anything related to the Stormcloaks until they become Jarl.

So does the Jarls. They have the authority to arrest citizens and to execute them base on the severity of their crimes. They're also support to follow Imperial laws. Yes they obey the High King, and part of obeying the High king is to become enforcers of Imperial laws in their holds.

Do you even know how medieval politics work? Cyrodiil holds the power, they have the Elder Council and the Emperor. The Counts in Cyrodiil answer to the Imperial City, but they're doing their own thing. Marrying off their sons and daughters between the other cities to make better political ties.

The provinces in the Empire have a vassal, like Skyrim's High King is the vassal to the Emperor. Under the High King you have Jarls, they still answer to the authority of the Empire, but they don't directly represent Cyrodiil, they represent themselves and the High King they swear fealty to. Think in a conversation between Falk and Elisif about why she has no authority over Tullius is because he is here with the Emperor's authority "whom she also serves, technically"

There isn't this "They represent the entire Empire!" No, only the Emperor and Elder Council do.

The further you get away from the capital, the smaller Imperial Authority gets. Solitude is the only city in Skyrim that has high Imperial authority, they're directly influenced by Imperial politics.

Jarl Hrolfdir and his son, Igmund, almost initiated the return of the Great war for making such promises of open free worship of Talos to a group of desperate Nords to retake back the Markarth as a full payment.

It was only if Hrolfdir refuse to arrest Ulfric, it would be war.

According to the natives of the reach It was their home that was taken away, not the other way around.

Nords have ruled there for six hundred years, possibly more. They were also in the Reach before Reachmen existed.

Vilkas or farkus (I don't remember which one) mentions something similar.

"There are always good reasons to fight. I just wish this war had them. Who cares who worships what dead god?"

Last edited:

Fraekith

Wood Elf Archer
I'm still trying to decide if I even want to participate in this war. There is a peace treaty option is there not? I play a Wood Elf Marksmen, and he doesn't really care about the affairs of others. I mean, I may choose a side just to be like that guy that literally carries you on his shoulders. My character is a bit of a show off and has a high ego. May not be everyone's reason for joining, but I'd say it'd suit me.

This thread just seems to be a huge banter on which side has made less mistakes (according to the lore we have access to), which is fine and dandy. I just hope when I ask which side is more enjoyable that I don't get bombarded.

Keep in mind I did complete the Stormcloak storyline about a year ago on PlayStation 3. I'm playing on PC now and I was considering just joining the Imperials to experience the other side. Still not sure though. Seeing as my choices impact the world I'm playing in. Nothing major, but the people in charge and such.

I weighing in playing the Stormcloak side again however because of how much I enjoyed playing them as a Nord the first time playing the game on PS3. I'm no longer a Nord though, and seeing as one of the big things for the Stormcloaks is: "Skyrim belongs to the Nord's" which I'm all for, I mean your people, your land no problem.

I just have a hard decision ahead of me.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The large part of the reason why I am a PRO Stormcloak in the first place is because I firmly believe in independence. I do not like the majority of the Stormcloak supported Jarls, and i'm not afraid to speak it too. I think that if anything Ulfric made the mistake of choosing these characters to run the hold. Ulfric is human after all so he is allowed to make mistakes.

If the Empire is smart enough they'll let Ulfric take over Skyrim by becoming the next new High King, and let him make as many mistakes as he can. Let the people get fed up with Ulfric from his consent mistakes, and let them beg for the return of the Empire. Ulfric's primary goals is to go after the Aldmeri Dominion himself... thinking that he will succeeded while the Empire falls. The Empire can save much needed resources if they allow Ulfric to follow his dreams of leading his men, and himself to death by fighting with the elves.

IMO it is a good idea for a province not to overly depend on the Empire, but learn to fight for themselves while the Empire is in recovery mode.

I firmly believe in independence, I think provinces should be able to rule themselves. But not with how the Stormcloaks are going about it, and not when it only benefits one race.

I don't think the Empire should let Ulfric take over Skyrim, it weakens the Empire as a whole. It won't be a thing of "Let people get fed up with Ulfric when he makes all his mistakes" If Ulfric fails, the Nords will do what they always do. Which is fighting amongst themselves, as each Jarl tries to gain more power.

It would then take even more resources to get Skyrim back into the fold. Not to mention the provinces surrounding Skyrim have to secure their borders in case the Nords get bored and go back to raiding for things.

I would actually like to see the Redguards take over parts of Skyrim, maybe even the Bretons taking some parts too. Both Stormcloak or Imperial victory, Skyrim is the most weakened province in Tamriel, ravaged by dragons and civil war, guarded by an army of militia.

Morrowind even represents a threat to Skyrim, at least the Imperials mention they've established a staging ground into Morrowind, just in case.

I would be surprised if the provinces didn't expand their borders further into Skyrim. Especially Hammerfell, they're united for the first time in a very long time. Could see them making their Empire again.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
He isn't arresting them because they support the Stormcloaks? Igmund doesn't even have evidence on them, they haven't done anything related to the Stormcloaks until they become Jarl.

Thongvor Silver-Blood is quick to admit that he is a strong Stormcloak supporter. He even does it to a complete stranger so that is all the evidence that Igmund needs to throw him in prison.

Do you even know how medieval politics work? Cyrodiil holds the power, they have the Elder Council and the Emperor. The Counts in Cyrodiil answer to the Imperial City, but they're doing their own thing. Marrying off their sons and daughters between the other cities to make better political ties.

The provinces in the Empire have a vassal, like Skyrim's High King is the vassal to the Emperor. Under the High King you have Jarls, they still answer to the authority of the Empire, but they don't directly represent Cyrodiil, they represent themselves and the High King they swear fealty to. Think in a conversation between Falk and Elisif about why she has no authority over Tullius is because he is here with the Emperor's authority "whom she also serves, technically"

There isn't this "They represent the entire Empire!" No, only the Emperor and Elder Council do.

The further you get away from the capital, the smaller Imperial Authority gets. Solitude is the only city in Skyrim that has high Imperial authority, they're directly influenced by Imperial politics.

The Jarls still have to follow Imperial law in their holds whether they like it or not. That is what I'm trying to explain to you. Elisif is actually a very bad Jarl who doesn't respect Imperial laws, and this also Including Balgruuf, and Igmund. They have a temple, or an open place to worship Talos. Elisif is an exception, but she does mark you a location of a Talos shrine your map to put her dead husband war horn at., which almost got you killed by a Thalmor agent.

It was only if Hrolfdir refuse to arrest Ulfric, it would be war.

The one who should be getting arrested is Hrolfdir. Hes the one that violated the terms that the Emperor himself wrote to end the Great war.

Nords have ruled there for six hundred years, possibly more. They were also in the Reach before Reachmen existed.

The reachman seems to think that they were there first.

"There are always good reasons to fight. I just wish this war had them. Who cares who worships what dead god?"

Theirs another quote, but I don't remember it offhand.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thongvor Silver-Blood is quick to admit that he is a strong Stormcloak supporter. He even does it to a complete stranger so that is all the evidence that Igmund needs to throw him in prison.

Many people are vocal about their support, why aren't they all getting thrown in prison? You blame Igmund for not tossing Stormcloak supporters in jail. Does that mean we should condemn the Stormcloaks for not throwing every Imperial supporter in jail? It is a foolish argument.

The Jarls still have to follow Imperial law in their holds whether they like it or not. That is what I'm trying to explain to you. Elisif is actually a very bad Jarl who doesn't respect Imperial laws, and this also Including Balgruuf, and Igmund. They have a temple, or an open place to worship Talos. Elisif is an exception, but she does mark you a location of a Talos shrine your map to put her dead husband war horn at., which almost got you killed by a Thalmor agent.

Everyone has to follow Imperial laws, it doesn't mean the actions of a single Jarl are what the Emperor has sanctioned. The Talos ban isn't something the Empire likes, in fact it is mentioned they barely enforced it. They still barely enforce it.

The banning of Talos is something that kept the Thalmor off their backs so the Empire could rebuild. But they were lazy and never enforced the ban, until Ulfric and his "Sons of Skyrim" agitated the situation and publicly showed that the Empire wasn't upholding the treaty.

The one who should be getting arrested is Hrolfdir. Hes the one that violated the terms that the Emperor himself wrote to end the Great war.

No point, they didn't call for his arrest. The Empire drags it's feet and enforces the treaty when it is painfully obvious.

Lewsean

Why do people always try to win a lore battle against @DrunkenMage? Don't people know that there is no winning against someone who knows what they are talking about?
Why do people spend most of the time in this topic hanging out of his ass? I could be arguing with 5 different people, including Drunkenmage, yet I might aswell ignore the other 4 because they just follow what he says due to reputation(Not that the reputation is wrong of course, he DOES know what he's talking about). Though not everything he say should be taken as pure 100% truth, the book argument, the 'racism' argument, the 'slavery' argument, the 'troop strength' argument are all swayed by his love for the Empire. He doesn't segregate people, he doesn't enslave people, he isn't racist, the stormcloaks are more than capable of defending Skyrim, and as for the Markarth incident, you must be speaking from pure bias if you think Ulfric would murder Nordic women & children for the sake of it.

Last edited:

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Why do people spend most of the time in this topic hanging out of his ass? I could be arguing with 5 different people, including Drunkenmage, yet I might aswell ignore the other 4 because they just follow what he says due to reputation(Not that the reputation is wrong of course, he DOES know what he's talking about). Though not everything he say should be taken as pure 100% truth, the book argument, the 'racism' argument, the 'slavery' argument, the 'troop strength' argument are all swayed by his love for the Empire. He doesn't segregate people, he doesn't enslave people, he isn't racist, the stormcloaks are more than capable of defending Skyrim, and as for the Markarth incident, you must be speaking from pure bias if you think Ulfric would murder Nordic women & children for the sake of it.
What is one of the many things that are different about Mage's posts rather than others? He provides the most sources and the most evidence more than any of us. Could he be wrong on some things? Damn right. But when he posts multiple sources and sometimes irrefutable evidence, it all comes down to wether you want to believe it or not.
Excuse me for my observations, but I have noticed that most of your statements are just claims without proof. It seems you actually request more proof than you actually give.
Again forgive me for stating my opinion, but even if Mage is wrong on something, who are people going to believe more? Someone who is not entirely right but provides a majority of facts in their arguments proving their point? Or someone who gives out statements that could be true but without anything that differs or agrees?
In the end if it comes down to it, it's just politics. People are going to believe the facts over the claims.
This was in no means a accusation or an insult, I was merely inputting my observation.

Lewsean

What is one of the many things that are different about Mage's posts rather than others? He provides the most sources and the most evidence more than any of us. Could he be wrong on some things? Damn right. But when he posts multiple sources and sometimes irrefutable evidence, it all comes down to wether you want to believe it or not.
Excuse me for my observations, but I have noticed that most of your statements are just claims without proof. It seems you actually request more proof than you actually give.
Again forgive me for stating my opinion, but even if Mage is wrong on something, who are people going to believe more? Someone who is not entirely right but provides a majority of facts in their arguments proving their point? Or someone who gives out statements that could be true but without anything that differs or agrees?
In the end if it comes down to it, it's just politics. People are going to believe the facts over the claims.
This was in no means a accusation or an insult, I was merely inputting my observation.
I said that in my post lol, he is very knowledgeable on the subject, which in turn attracts "followers", as in people who don't really know if what he said is true or not but because he has a reputation they just follow suit. But no EVIDENCE or FACTS about the topics I mentioned have been given, which then goes back to the "followers" of Drunkenmage just assuming it's correct because he said so, which doesn't result in very interesting debates. For example the bear of markarth, he uses that as factual evidence on the incident when nothing is mentioned ANYWHERE else about it, only once is something said that is related to the book, and that is the war ended 20 years ago, 5 years after the book states.. So the only thing mentioned outside of this 'proof' is something that discredits it..
Oh and the accusation that Stormcloak Jarls are the only ones who want to deal with Giant's even though they're peaceful, yet Jarl Balgruuf is doing the same thing o_O

Last edited: