That awkward moment when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Nonchalant Thief

Bunny shall die!
That awkward moment when you go outside at 1am to gather up your two cats to feed them.....and make the realization that for a millisecond you decided that you would just summon them.

That awkward moment when you realize that when you were having a conversation earlier about Skyrim to your friend, you were actually talking about Oblivion.

....when you turn to a backstab to realize that the bandit that had once laid dead at your feet had resurrected himself.

.....when you are about to sleep at an inn, (to be abducted by the dark brotherhood), and you find that the thief that was supposed to be dead was creeping towards you and stopped to stare for prolonged time at you before you close your room door.

....when you realize that your elder brother acts just like Cicero.... the dark brotherhood, have mercy to the world and kill him.

That awkward moment when you go up to your cousin, explaining a movie you once saw where these group of people enlisted this person to kill this very wealthy man at some gathering.. and as you ask him what movie that was, he replies.. "That sounds like Skyrim.." ..and you remember that the movie was actually you killing the Emperor.

Neriad13

Premium Member
...you're triumphantly looting the fallen shell of a Centurion Master when two Chaurus Reapers come casually strolling around the corner.

...you turn around to see a shrieking bandit with a massive axe racing at full speed toward you. There's no time to hit her with a crossbow bolt, no time to get under cover to get a sneak attack in. Frantically, you whip out your melee weapons, just barely readying your shield in time for...the bandit to fall at your feet with a heavy thud, hit by the Staff of Paralysis you just gave Serana.

...you've made it out of Blackreach alive with a mound of treasure and an Elder Scroll in tow, walk all the way to Whiterun in the dark to enjoy a night in long-neglected civilization and only when the sun rises do you realize that you've entirely forgotten Septimus' lexicon all the way back in Mzark.

...Serana stomps all over Sinderion's remains in his field research laboratory in Blackreach. :sadface:

...you stalk Brenuin all over Whiterun in an attempt to reverse-pickpocket gold on him, in the vain hope that it might cause him to stop being such a miserable beggar.

...a Stormcloak captive attempts to recruit you to Ulfric's forces while his Imperial captors look on.

KittyTheKitty

So-Folik
and then you explain to your friend..

"it happens when you add to his equitment..i mean, when you remove his gear..wait i mean when you mess with his items....wow how do i make this sound not weird?"

My dad was watching me play when I did this. He also said the game looks boring because I walk around a lot. -.-

KittyTheKitty

So-Folik
...you're triumphantly looting the fallen shell of a Centurion Master when two Chaurus Reapers come casually strolling around the corner.

...you turn around to see a shrieking bandit with a massive axe racing at full speed toward you. There's no time to hit her with a crossbow bolt, no time to get under cover to get a sneak attack in. Frantically, you whip out your melee weapons, just barely readying your shield in time for...the bandit to fall at your feet with a heavy thud, hit by the Staff of Paralysis you just gave Serana.

...you've made it out of Blackreach alive with a mound of treasure and an Elder Scroll in tow, walk all the way to Whiterun in the dark to enjoy a night in long-neglected civilization and only when the sun rises do you realize that you've entirely forgotten Septimus' lexicon all the way back in Mzark.

...Serana stomps all over Sinderion's remains in his field research laboratory in Blackreach. :sadface:

...you stalk Brenuin all over Whiterun in an attempt to reverse-pickpocket gold on him, in the vain hope that it might cause him to stop being such a miserable beggar.

...a Stormcloak captive attempts to recruit you to Ulfric's forces while his Imperial captors look on.

I didn't forget the Lexicon the first time, but when I did that quest a second time and returned to Septimus, I wanted to turn off my PS3 lol. I had to sneak all the way through Mzinchaleft past all the enemies I didn't kill. When I hit Blackreach I just made a run for it lol. HNNNGH DAT FEEL.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I didn't forget the Lexicon the first time, but when I did that quest a second time and returned to Septimus, I wanted to turn off my PS3 lol. I had to sneak all the way through Mzinchaleft past all the enemies I didn't kill. When I hit Blackreach I just made a run for it lol. HNNNGH DAT FEEL.

It was my second time too. The first time I was there for the Main Quest and not in that much of a rush. The second time, I had to go all the way back down there again on a new character to fetch the scroll for Dawnguard. By that point I was tired of backtracking and entirely focused on nabbing the scroll as fast as I could. But thank goodness I tend to kill everything in my way and know my way back to the Dwemer lift that leads directly into Mzark! :D

Neriad13

Premium Member
...bored, you try shooting hawks in solitude, go through twenty minutes or so and quite a few arrows, missing every single time. Then, when you finally succeed in hitting one, it (of course) falls on top of a building.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
that awkward moment when Narri (the barmaid in Falkreath) calls you a handsome man, right when your psychotic wife Jordis is standing there holding the wabbajack...

Lucky jealousy wasn't programmed into Skyrim or BAM! You're a sweetroll

Coyote

The Epic
My dad was watching me play when I did this. He also said the game looks boring because I walk around a lot. -.-

omg that's exactly what my dad said to, he plays call of duty a lot, you know...fast-paced stuff. i do to. but lol he watched me play skyrim and was like "it's a little slow".

heatherelectra

Premium Member
...you realize you sold your old armor and forgot to equip your new armor (you'd think Lydia "I've got your back" would mention something before you're fighting a troll in a bikini!).

Neriad13

Premium Member
...your cat jumps directly on your mouse hand, yowling "CUDDLE ME!", whilst you're trying to sneak your way through a particularly nerve-wracking dungeon.

...you discover, upon encountering a door that can only be opened from the other side, that you've gone just about all the way through a dungeon backwards. And thinking back on it, it does indeed not make sense to be fighting a dragon priest and a deathlord first and then move on to bandits.

...you turn off collision for a minute, completely forget that you've done so and then proceed to get into a fight with draugr scourge. When he dies, he freezes in position - glaring and angrily pointing a finger at you. You then laugh until your posterior is entirely gone.

...speaking of collision, you accidentally turn off collision on Serana and wondering where she went afterward, look directly up to see her calmly walking on the air above you.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
It was my second time too. The first time I was there for the Main Quest and not in that much of a rush. The second time, I had to go all the way back down there again on a new character to fetch the scroll for Dawnguard. By that point I was tired of backtracking and entirely focused on nabbing the scroll as fast as I could. But thank goodness I tend to kill everything in my way and know my way back to the Dwemer lift that leads directly into Mzark! :D
That awkward moment when you did this and there is a perfectly good shortcut that leads right into the Elder Scroll room...

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
...When you free a caged Spriggan from a cave full of Hagravens , follow it outside the cave, protect it from bears, bandits, and a Dragon, thinking it will take you somewhere full of glorious rewards...Only to be dragged 20 minutes away to the Gildergreen Sanctiary.

...When you are the one that takes an arrow in the knee...and can still be an adventurer.

...When you are playing Skyrim allllll daaaay long, finally go to bed, lay there for an hour or so, and all you can think of is, "One more level....One more level..."

Neriad13

Premium Member
...you shoot a saber-toothed cat at close range with your crossbow, killing it a millisecond before it reaches you and as you do so, the force of the dead cat's momentum carries it flying over your head and several yards beyond.

...you accidentally hit a town guard with an exploding bolt. Furious with you, he comes charging over, cleanly cleaving your ebony-armored self in twain with one blow from his steel axe. These guys clearly pump iron. 0.0

...you angrily and spontaneously call a master vampire a wanker for continuously dodging your bolts and killing every other person in town. And you're not even British. o_O

*Dawnguard spoilers*

...you're calmly chatting with Serana about the history of Auriel's Bow when a gargoyle pops up next to you and starts hitting you.

...Auriel's Bow doesn't smell faintly of ash yams.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate

..GREAT, you just made me remember that I forgot the Lexicon myself >_<

Neriad13

Premium Member
...you're silently and stealthily clearing out a room full of draugr, are pretty sure you've gotten all of them and just when you're poking your head out of your hiding space to check, you see the detection eye open all the way on your sneak indicator. Slowly, your terror growing, you turn around to find yourself face to face with a draugr standing directly behind you and open your mouth to scream...when you realize that it's just Serana's thrall.

...you fight a desperate battle against a Traveler in Markarth, in broad daylight, with a ton of NPCs involved and at the end of it all, you find, thankfully, that the only character who bit the dust during the scrum was the mine overseer who overworked his sick employees and withheld pay. You can't help but wonder if someone other than the vampire killed him.

Assassin99

That awkward moment when you swear your alliance to the Emperor and end up killing him for the Dark Brotherhood.....
i always kill the emperor first

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
That awkward moment when Skyrim freezes up as you're carrying the body of a naked woman, and your little siblings walk in.

In my defense, I felt bad about killing whoever it was and was trying to bring the body to the graveyard (I was in Windhelm).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts