• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
Hey All:
I have an annoying problem I hope you can help me out with. Whenever I play video games that state on the package that they are 1080i or 1080p capable, they don't play in either. I have all four boxes checked in the display setup (480, 720p, 1080i and 1080p) and I verified that the Samsung TV shows 1080p when I press the info button. As soon as I actually launch the game the resolution reverts back to 720p. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Smacka

Johnnydeath

PS3 does alot if not all 1080pi games in 1080. They cant do 1080pi on games that doesn't support it. I play skyrim in 1080pi on my ps3 though I dont remember how you would fix or set it up cause I did mine years ago. So mister mastergamer you must play fagbox or something, if your going to comment atleast know what your talking about.

PS3 does alot if not all 1080pi games in 1080. They cant do 1080pi on games that doesn't support it. I play skyrim in 1080pi on my ps3 though I dont remember how you would fix or set it up cause I did mine years ago. So mister mastergamer you must play fagbox or something, if your going to comment atleast know what your talking about.

There's no need to be rude with an attitude, you could of simply corrected him. And just because you dislike xbox doesn't mean everyone does. Keep your crappy attitude and opinions to yourself.

Johnnydeath

There's no need to be rude with an attitude, you could of simply corrected him. And just because you dislike xbox doesn't mean everyone does. Keep your crappy attitude and opinions to yourself.

My Opinions are "crappy" because you disagree with them. Its my opinion to express and no I will not keep them to myself. I was stating the truth, blunt & unpopular but the truth. Also I didnt say everyone likes or dislikes xbox but I do. For one to make a simple minded assumption as your self and the guy I replied to, dont comment unless you know what your talking about.

I don't disagree with your opinions at all, I disagree with your attitude. Nothing you said was blunt at all, you may have spoke the truth but that was all you did.

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
Okay, here is what has happened so far. I entered the "display" settings in my PS3. I tried to "force" Skyrim to choose 1080i (which the game package states it supports) by unchecking the 720p option in display settings. When I launched the game, it reverted to 480p *ugh!* For some reason all games that support 1080i revert to 720p. Metal Solid Gear (I believe is the title) supports 1080p, and the game plays at 1080p (which is fantastic!!).

From what I have read on the internet with respect to 1080i, 720p, etc...is that 720p is actually better than 1080i...progressive versus interlaced discussion...with the PS3 (and other electronics) a 1080i input is accepted and converted to progressive scan. In this case, the highest "p" available is 720p. A 1080i input cannot be converted to a 1080p output, so 720p is the best that it can do.

The real bummer for me is that the Skyrim programmers did not use 1080p for this "flagship" offering. I fail to understand why they would not have made it 1080p compatible (?????)

EDIT: In reading further, 1080i shows the even pixels on the screen first, then it displays the odd pixels second. In other words, only 540-lines are on the screen at any one point in time. With "progressive scan" all the even and odd lines are on the screen at the same time SO 720p has 720-lines on the screen and 1080i has only 540-lines on the screen...thus, 720p is a higher resolution than 1080i...yet manufacturers will try to "sell" consumers on the idea that 1080i is a higher resolution that 720p...strange, eh?

where have you got your info from?
Only a small percent of ps3 games support full 1080, skyrim is not one of them (and i do have ps3)
when you turn you playstaion on, it start up in 1080, the menu. but as soon as you start the game it will revert to 720.

and they do a lot of 1080 games in 1080 a lol. and 1080pi lmao, 1080i or 1080p

i dont think your lying, i think you are a complete idiot. maybe youll reply to This after you get out school.

dont be a fool!
And smacka thanks for that, i didnt know 1080i was like that...
also im pretty sure its not the programmers choice to do that, i think there are certain things with the playstaions hardware that prevents full 1080p support.

Ps anyone reading this, if theres a chance that i am wrong please let me know. i would love nothing more than to play this in full 1080p. looks so sick on pc screenies that i see.

Johnnydeath

where have you got your info from?
Only a small percent of ps3 games support full 1080, skyrim is not one of them (and i do have ps3)

Dude, look on the back of your skyrim box. Ps3 Game supports 480,720 and 1080pi output. The game does support it and atleast 5/10 games that I have support 1080. I have the option to play in 1080 when its playable other wise plays in 720. I dont know about setting it up because my friend did for me like last year. The game does support it and Ps3 will play it in 1080.

Johnnydeath

and they do a lot of 1080 games in 1080 a lol. and 1080pi lmao, 1080i or 1080p

i dont think your lying, i think you are a complete idiot. maybe youll reply to This after you get out school.

Well If Im a idiot, I would make sure I at least have a HDMI cord ^_^ since you would need that to play anything in full hd. If you are using AV cords and trying to play in 1080pi, I would use the word Idiot loosely If I were you. Because after actually reading your whole comment, It sounds like your not using a HDMI cord.

Right im staring a new Post because i did so much searching and cOuldnt fnd anyone playin in full 1080 on ps3, i just foumd lots of info about why it does not support it. I have 2 hs tvs in my house and could not get it to actually play in 1080.

Well If Im a idiot, I would make sure I at least have a HDMI cord ^_^ since you would need that to play anything in full hd. If you are using AV cords and trying to play in 1080pi, I would use the word Idiot loosely If I were you. Because after actually reading your whole comment, It sounds like your not using a HDMI cord.

lmao you think i dont know the diffrence, i am actually quite a techie guy!

Johnnydeath

lmao you think i dont know the diffrence, i am actually quite a techie guy!

As long as you have a TV that supports 1080pi with a HDMI input then you can play ps3 games that supports 1080pi as long as you have the cable with the hd tv. Though setting it up within the ps3 I couldn't tell you much about since someone did mine for me, other than video settings or something. Yeah so I dont think you do know the difference because your last comment said It cant be done, so Don't say Im full of plops when Im sitting here right now playing Skyrim on my ps3 in 1080 lol. Come on here asking for help and when people give it, you try and say It cant be done lol Mr tech.

i am correct you are a fool that just doesnt know the differnce. there are hardly any games atall that support 1080p. Skyrim may just upscale ( i admit i dont know what this means to well but its worse than 720p on biger screens).

if you still wanna aruge that im wrong plese find a resorce on the internet and direct me to it because i have done lots of searching and cannot find anything better for skryim than 720p on consoles!

this is through multiple sourses. i know it says on the back of the case but i think its just sly.

Johnnydeath

i am correct you are a fool that just doesnt know the differnce. if you still wanna aruge that im wrong plese find a resorce on the internet and direct me to it

Nope, Done trying to help ya bro. You think you know it all, which clearly you dont. While Im playing my Skyrim on my ps3, My TV info indicates that the output is currently 1080 and my video settings input hdmi settings is 1080pi. Just because your a retard that doesn't know how to set up his game in 1080p, you act like you can call other people fools when really you have no idea what your talking about or doing? lmao nah man you on ya own.

lol you have to be kidding me. like you i have had enough to. there is no way you are playing in 1080p its is not supported on ps3!

do some research instead of just my freind set it up for me!

ive had enough, NO ONE IS PLAYING IN 1080P on ps3. show me somewhere that states you can, you have the whole internet. instead of just saying i am beleive me! its a stupid mentality you might aswell say im a giant fluffing dragon lepricorn, prove me wrong!

Johnnydeath

lol you have to be kidding me. like you i have had enough to. there is no way you are playing in 1080p its is not supported on ps3!

do some research instead of just my freind set it up for me!

ive had enough, NO ONE IS PLAYING IN 1080P on ps3. show me somewhere that states you can, you have the whole internet. instead of just saying i am beleive me! its a stupid mentality you might aswell say im a giant f***ing dragon lepricorn, prove me wrong!

This comment alone shows how ignorant you truly are. Im sure you will never play it in 1080.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts