Open Mausoleum of Faasnogiim - Ideas and Recruitment

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    I rarely see RP threads that have anything to do with draugr or Dragon Priests. So I decided to come up with one myself that revolves around that idea. However, as the title insinuates, I don't have the entire RP's premise down yet and I'm not exactly sure if what I have in mind is exactly lore-accurate. I would appreciate some assistance with the story and feedback as well. Also, if you're interested in joining this RP, don't hesitate to jot down your character card.

The Plot That I've Gathered Together So Far... (on my own)

It is now the year 4E 207, the Stormcloak rebellion has long been defeated by the Empire and Ulfric Stormcloak is dead. Alduin, the World Eater, had even longer ago met his possibly temporary demise at the hands of the Dovahkiin. Jarl Elisif of the capital city of Solitude, now known as High Queen Elisif, had married a Nord man by the name of Sternvak Firm-Sight, who is now the High King. Sternvak had recently became a well known politician in Solitude in the past after becoming one of Elisif's thanes. Eventually, the two fell under Mara's loving gaze, and so the moot of Skyrim's Jarls to elect a new High King was no longer needed.

A seafaring vessel of the East Empire Trading Company passing through the Sea of Ghosts had discovered a gargantuan Ice Glacier floating among the sea, floating northwest of Solstheim. The ship's captain decided to take his trading crew into the glacier for a closer look, as it had not been recorded into the map before. As soon as the crew dropped anchor and climbed to the top of the surface of the colossal glacier, they found what appeared to be an Ancient Tomb. The captain and his men proceeded towards this mysterious structure, losing stamina in the process of the tiresome journey. When they arrived at the front gate, the captain brushed some dust off of a Tablet chiseled into the structure, and read the word Faasnogiim. Which translated from the Dragon Language means "Fearless Orc" in Cyrodiilic (English).

Afterwards, the crew returned to their ship and completed their cargo delivery. And when they returned to Solitude, they reported this newly discovered Glacier and Crypt to Sternvak and Elisif. Who later sent out word to the Jarls of each hold. Each Jarl is sending out their Heralds to notify the citizens of this and recruit adventurers who would dare partake on a journey to this Mausoleum, and ships are being prepared at the docks of Windhelm in order to transport these individuals. Although what lies within.....is something no one has ever seen....the reanimated corpse of an ancient Orc Dragon Priest.

MEMBERS:

1. ChiefScalyNipples as Jeroo-Shei
    2. Cypherion the Multi as Cypherion the Multi
    3. Ilya as Shade
    4. Bloodkiin as Kiuas Gro-Baroth
    5. FlickerWick as... (still has yet to make a character card)

(there is no limit to how many people can join, it's an open RP)

Cypherion the Multi

Skyrim is the opposite of Middle Earth?!
    Sounds good too...I wanna join :) sign me in...

Cypherion the Multi

please,let me join!

Cypherion the Multi

My Plot: A courier has sent me a letter regarding the King's orders to set sail to the giant ice berg in the Ghost Sea. I then took my maps concerning about the broken pieces of Winterhold Islands about north of the College of Winterhold. "This is it." I said. "If I can get aboard that vessel I might be able to calcute and maybe backtrack where that ice berg came form. Either way,this is a chance for me to travel on an unknown hostile environment." I then took my things and pack up to travel to Windhelm where my ship is waiting for a reckless voyage to an ancient tomb!

Cypherion the Multi

I'm now in Windhelm finding the ship I need to go. Then I see a individuals also boarding the ship. I saw the list of names of adventurers who will board the ship: Jeroo Shei,Kiloop'ash,Swims-with-Silence,Haneemus,Death Raider and Cypherion. I then sat to where everybody was waiting for the ship to be ready.I am a bit nervous and hope that the Captain will let me join the voyage.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    No, those are just all the characters I use in RP's. In this RP I'm Jeroo-Shei. And the RP hasnt started yet, not until we get the story straightened out, but yeah you can join.

Cypherion the Multi

Yes,okay thanks!

Cypherion the Multi

I saw the Captain get the list and mark Haneemus,Swims-with-Silence and Kiloop'ash dead."What happened to them?" I said."They didn't make here in Windhelm""Oh,too bad.So,you think only 3 of us can get aboard the ship?""Well,if there are no more adventurers out there,yes,maybe.""You're a talkative one,go talk to the others"The Captain said."Oh,maybe not.I don't really know them and let's hope one of them is friendly."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    I saw the Captain get the list and mark Haneemus,Swims-with-Silence and Kiloop'ash dead."What happened to them?" I said."They didn't make here in Windhelm""Oh,too bad.So,you think only 3 of us can get aboard the ship?""Well,if there are no more adventurers out there,yes,maybe.""You're a talkative one,go talk to the others"The Captain said."Oh,maybe not.I don't really know them and let's hope one of them is friendly."

Dude, we haven't started the RP yet...and I already told you, those characters aren't in the RP at all, only Jeroo-Shei

Cypherion the Multi

Dude, we haven't started the RP yet...and I already told you, those characters aren't in the RP at all, only Jeroo-Shei
    I know that's why we are waiting in Windhelm and marked the characters dead.It wouldn't be so much interesting if I said "Oh those people isn't part of the roleplaying,I was mistaken." But I think 4 adventurers will do the job right? Like a squad. And we already have 4 of us.So can you please start?

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
    Who gave the chihuahua espresso?

I know that's why we are waiting in Windhelm and marked the characters dead.It wouldn't be so much interesting if I said "Oh those people isn't part of the roleplaying,I was mistaken." But I think 4 adventurers will do the job right? Like a squad. And we already have 4 of us.So can you please start?

Dude. Chill. It will start when it starts.

Cypherion the Multi

Who gave the chihuahua espresso?

Dude. Chill. It will start when it starts.
    LOL Hell yeah I guess I should.I'm kinda new here so you know what I mean.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom

Dude, they're not in the RP to begin with! Those names are in my signature for future reference for OTHER RPs I want to join. Every time I join a certain RP I use ONE of those characters in the list, the one I think will fit best for the RP. They're not a list of characters in this RP, if I tried to RP all those characters at one time my fluffin head would explode cuz it would make me feel like I was suffering from the "Bleeding Effect" from Assassin's Creed.

Why "mark them dead" if they're not in the RP in the first place? That would sound just dumb. I mean I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything but I'm only using one of those characters. Just don't mention them whatsoever when the RP starts

Plus, this is not the actual RP thread. This is just an Idea for an RP that will be made soon. This thread is just for feedback and suggestions for the story of the upcoming RP. Because I probably fluffed up somewhere in the lore (considering it revolves around an Orc dragon priest, when almost all of them are nords) and I wanna make sure it makes sense before I make the actual RP. And if anyone wants to make additions to the story they can feel free to in this thread.

This thread is also where you post your character card.

So in summary, this is NOT the RP thread, but the preparation for an upcoming one.

I hope I made things a bit more clear.

Cypherion the Multi

Yes,you have and I might be able to help.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Alright so you got any ideas?

Also everyone, post your character cards

Cypherion the Multi

Yeah I got alot of ideas,try putting some hardcore puzzles in the temple and bone chimes to wake the draugr.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Yeah I got alot of ideas,try putting some hardcore puzzles in the temple and bone chimes to wake the draugr.

Thanks for bringing all of that up, I forgot about all that lol. I'll definitely implement those into the RP. But I mean like any story ideas or can you point out any flaws in the story I've come up with.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
    I'll take this opportunity to "flesh out" Ariella's CC...

Name: Ariella
    Race: Bosmer
    Class: Mercenary
    Sex: Female
    Preferred weapons: Greatsword, bow.
    Preferred armor: Steel, Medium
    Height: 5'6"

Physical features: Amber eyes, dark auburn hair. Slightly tall and stocky for a Wood Elf. No facial scars.
    2012-12-27_16-08-19_644-1.jpg

Background: Ariella was born in a small village in the Bosmer homeland of Valenwood, where she lived until her 12th year. Her parents were outspoken against the Aldmeri Dominions influence over Valenwood. Her father was a steelsmith, her mother a huntress. Her parents were very devoted and loving, teaching her everything they knew. By her 10th birthday, she was already accompanying her mother on hunts, and a talented apprentice smith.

In the summer of her 12th year, Thalmor soldiers came to her village, to purge any dissidents. Ariella's father and a number of villagers met them, armed with swords, in order to drive them off. The Thalmor wizards burned them alive, then turned on the rest of the village. Her mother, and most of the remaining villagers were killed trying to flee. The last Ariella saw of her home was the Thalmor burning everything down.

Ariella spent the next few years slowly making her way north, away from Valenwood. She settled for a time in the town of Anvil, where she fittingly finished her apprenticeship, with Relen Stoke-Heart and his wife, Ysra. Ysra was a member of the Fighters Guild, and taught Ariella what she knew of combat, how to wield greatswords, how to read her advisary's movements and avoid their blows, how to parry the blows she couldn't avoid.

In her 19th year, graduated to a Journeyman smith, she left the Stoke-Hearts, and signed on with an expedition exploring Aelyid ruins in northern Cyrodil. The expedition was ill-fated, and when the number of the hired guards began to dwindle low, she was called upon to not just repair their arms and armor, but to fight alongside the mercenaries. It was here that she found her true calling. Ysra had taught her well, and she soon distinguished herself with her battle prowess. When the expedition was over, almost 2 years later, Ariella began to travel Tamriel, selling herself out as a freelance mercenary.

The next decade took her from Cyrodil, to Hammerfell, to Morrowind, and briefly to High Rock, before eventually ending up in Skyrim. But she has never forgotten what the Aldmei Dominion did to her home, to her parents. And she has never forgiven.

Personality: Due to the events of her childhood, Ariella has a deeply seated mistrust of magic, and of those who use it. Her hatred of the Thalmor, while strong, is outweighed by her fear of them. Instead of seeking vengeance, she prefers to stay beneath the Dominion's notice, believing that trying to fight them is futile.

She is naturally cautious, and suspicious of strangers. Even among friends, she tends to be quiet and reserved, preferring to listen, and observe. Most of her life was spent among Nords, and she is slowly embracing their way of life, over the traditional Bosmer way.

Skills: Ariella is an accomplished smith, forging her own weapons and armor out of a blend of quicksilver and steel. Her skill with a 2 handed blade is exceptional. Combined with her natural speed and agility, she is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Her archery, however, is only average, due to her emphasis on her skills with the sword. And, while she is strong for a Bosmer, she cannot match the raw strength of an Orc, or a Nord.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts