Spoiler I rescued Thorald Grey-Mane, does this mean I joined Stormcloak?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sparky04

I rescued Thorald Grey-Mane, but haven't decided what side of the war to join yet. Does rescuing him automatically make me a Stormcloak?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
nope.
You can do what is right without picking sides. And saving a life does not make you a Stormcloak because that person happens to be one. You have to do the Civil War questline in order to actually join Ulfric/Tullius.

JClarke1953

I rescued Thorald Grey-Mane, but haven't decided what side of the war to join yet. Does rescuing him automatically make me a Stormcloak?

It makes no difference, you can join whichever. There are also choices with another "group" within the game, Dark Brotherhood. Something that totally surprised me!

Just make saves, and if you don't like how something is going, go back to it and go another direction.

AS88

Staff member
Like everyone's said, it has no bearing on the Civil War questline. I've even had Legion characters don some civilian armour and get in there :p

Alex Zandy

It doesn't. That quest doesn't effect the civil war in any way, you can still pick who you want to side with. I don't believe you even see him again, or at lest I haven't.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts