• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I came home to Breezehome one day and Lucia greets me and says, "LOOK! I made a new friend!"....the town homeless man/drunkard is standing there, breathing heavily... WTF??

Then he leaves and I see the asthmatic fox. Phew! *she sighs in relief...
Speaking of Lucia - I haven't seen her in days! I adopted her, there's stuff in her trunk, but haven't seen hide nor hair of her in a couple of game weeks. Even when I get home at 2 am she's not in her bed (I even checked Lydia's room!).

Maybe she's been staying over at Braith's, the vege selling kid or that wimpy farm boy's house.

At least she's not around whining at me all the time.

Still... it's weird.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
Before I say anything, I'm going to note that I have finished the quest Ill Met By Moonlight and spared Sinding, and I now have Hircine's Ring.

So today I decide to try and figure out my way around Falkreath (That little town has always been hard to find my way around for some reason). I find myself in the jail, looking in on Sinding's old cell, to find Sinding howling as he transforms into a werewolf. He doesn't climb out of his cell however, he just looks at me. So I walk back in to the barracks, and Sinding spawns right in front of me! He just stared at me and backed through the door out into Falkreath o_O (pretty creepily, I might add).

Outside, I decide to follow him just to see what he's up to. He leads me north, right through Riverwood and towards Whiterun, until he eventually heads south again to Broken Oar Grotto (or whatever that place is called).

He freaking led me halfway up Skyrim before deciding to head home! What was he doing back in Falkreath in the first place?!

Crowley

The first time I had Lydia come with me to do some adventuring, we get to Labyrinthian and see a frost troll. Lydia bravely charges forward- and gets mauled by it. I was low level and no match for the thing, so I decided that was a good time to leave. Quickly.

Last night, I'm dungeon delving, putting down a few draugr. Behind me, I hear a trap going off (I set it off before). I head up to investigate and a restless draugr is lying there. Dumb zombie set off the trap and killed itself.

I love turning traps against the people who set them, especially when falling rocks are involved.

Fus Ro Dah on a mountain or high ledge is always funny. Always.

Chadonraz

The first time I had Lydia come with me to do some adventuring, we get to Labyrinthian and see a frost troll. Lydia bravely charges forward- and gets mauled by it. I was low level and no match for the thing, so I decided that was a good time to leave. Quickly.

You were a lot smarter than me, then. :D
The first time I tried to get to Ustengrav I had no idea I could simply follow roads (I always went to Morthal across the plains, too). Labyrinthian looked like a great shortcut, so Lydia and I went through there. Or tried to.

The first Frost Troll killed me in about three hits, at which point Lydia was already down. I didn't give up, though; I tried four or five more times, with varying strategies. I finally got past the Frost Troll (by sprinting past and leaving Lydia fight it) - only to run into another one. I managed to avoid that one, because it was so slow - only to run into yet another one and its friend. I didn't make it through. xD
That was when I decided to take the same route I always took to Morthal.

I was very low level, with non-improved (I only figured out Smithing after a month or two...) low-quality gear, and even lower skill at the game. Later, even when I had better gear and better skill, I was afraid of Labyrinthian and its Frost Trolls. And then I found out Labyrinthian was a lot more than just the exterior... with something much worse than a few Frost Trolls. :rolleyes: :D

Crowley

Heheh definitely worse! I tend to keep Lydia kicking about Breezehome because she's a poor fighter. The woman at Azura's shrine can be handy, but because I like to fight up close and personal, she keeps hitting me with ice spikes! :mad: Last night, on horseback, both of us fell through the ground (glitching) and I died.

The first time I played the jagged crown quest, I had Shadowmere. We're at the ruin and the fight is on. Shadowmere gets right into it before anyone on my side (including me) and just starts hammering away at the Imperials while the rest of us catch up. Shadowmere just does not give a fluff :cool:

He typically beats me to most fights and will rear up to kick dragons in the face. Best horse EVER!

Chadonraz

I decided to ride through the Riften docks, just so I could push Maul into the water (I discovered that possibility by accident). :D

Then I tried to get my horse to jump onto the roof of the Black-Briar Meadery, and possibly get to Riften that way (the "Thalmor Embassy trick", only Riften has a loading screen). It failed. Miserably. Totally and utterly.

The moment my horse's hooves touched the roof, we were launched high into the air (not as high as a Giant would) for no apparent reason. We landed on the roof, and my horse died from fall damage. :sadface:
I survived only because I was mounted.

Seriously. WTF? o_O :D

Crowley

Never stealth kill a dragon with archery. The cowardly thing flew away and landed on a mountain across the river. Well, okay, a big hill. I stealth kill it and navigate my way over, which required a little jump climbing. I finally get there, kill some forsworn and...

couldn't find the dragon. No soul for me :sadface:

Chadonraz

I don't know if you'll find this one funny, but I certainly did.

In Fort Dunstad there is a room with the usual "restroom" setup (buckets, stools, reading material). There's one rather special element in that room: next to one of the buckets is a Potion of True Shot. Now we all know that the potion simply increases archery damage, but the name could refer to something else, especially considering where the potion is... :D

Crowley

That person has probably been yelled at enough about it and bought the potion to right that wrong.
"How can you miss the bucket?"
"Other people need to use that"
"I'm not sitting in your piss, get it sorted"
Etc.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Once again that stupid smith Alvor thinks he can take on an elder dragon on his own. My husband got concerned when he heard me from another room...
"Don't you do it...... NO STOP! AHHH! CRRRAAAP!!!" Alvor became a tasty meal and was flung into the river.
I was mad..
IMG_2365small.jpg

REALLY MAD....
IMG_2366small.jpg

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
BoethiahCultist2_zps3102d322.png

My Boethiah Cultist's body is still hanging around waiting for me to investigate it. It's been hanging so long it is apparently now starting to rot. Some tidy minded person picked up his rotted off arm and stuffed it down the front of his armour. As a side effect, he is also now hanging a bit higher than before.

Maybe if I keep playing this character long enough it'll get so high I won't be able to search it even if I wanted to.

BAH!:eek: What's going on with his arm?!?!

Lucid

Well this is awkward to walk in on...

standalone

Chadonraz

I tried to use the lumber mill in Dragon Bridge, but something went wrong. After I hit A to place a log, I entered the cutscene but didn't do anything. My character just stood there. When I tried to move, I found I was stuck in 3rd person, and turning around was a bit wonky. I walked away from the mill, but didn't fall down to the ground. Instead I just kept walking as if I was still up at the lumber pile.

Of course, I had to try if I could walk above the river - and I could. When I walked over to the Haafingar SC camp, I started to sink into the ground as I reached an uphill. Eventually I ended up "underground", where I kept going through textures as if they weren't there. I discovered Katla's Farm by literally running under it - and the EEC Warehouse by running over it (way above the sea). :D

The only fix was loading a save (which thankfully cost me no progress apart from discovering DB), as I could not access my character menu to fast-travel (this was an emergency) back to DB. The game thought I was using the lumber mill. :rolleyes:

Here's a pic:
jNToMtw.jpg

DarthPOP

SPOILER
in the soul cairn (Dawnguard) i was going to kill that one keeper that lives in the flying fortress and as soon as i got out of the portal i saw him, freaked out, fus roh dah him, and watched as i just killed one of the strongest guys in the game by simply pushing him off a mile high cliff

DarthPOP

and one time i was walking along and then saw an entire group of bandits running at me glitch out and fly into the air and then die from falling to their deaths and i hadnt even got my weapon out yet i was just like "What the heck????"

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I made the mistake of killing a Vigilan in the presence of Delphine the other day (as is my habit, killing the Vigilan's, not doing it in front of Delphine). Obviously she was pissed. She wouldn't quit, even though Lydia and I beat her down repeatedly.

Quit and load old save: didn't help. Everybody in Riverwood wanted to kill me. I ran to avoid having to kill them, but it didn't matter, apparently, Lydia stayed and killed Alvor, Faendal and all of the guards.

Sheesh - tried it twice more with the same result.

Delete save and start again.

Sparky04

When I first got to Jorrvaskr, I accidentally killed Athis. The other companions didn't get made at me and were saying "We must find who did this." I reloaded even though I got away with (accidental) murder.

Wildroses

Had an interesting one. I was doing Diplomatic Immunity and had just got off the carriage. I started talking to Razelan sitting on his rock, and was quite interested that he kept saying something new. So I kept talking to him, and he kept saying something new. This went on until he said: "Maybe after the party we could share a carriage ride back." Upon which I went: "WTF LOL, Razelan just hit on me. I guess that's what you get for talking to a Skyrim NPC about 15-25 times in under a minute." He even said something about: "I know, we've only just met, but why not?" Unfortunately I was laughing too hard at the time to properly commit the phrase to memory.

Zanaif

I killed a dragon in Dragonbridge, and when said dragon died, he took a tumble off of said bridge into the river at the bottom of a chasm. Naturally, I jumped in after him to absorb his soul and loot his dragonbits. After I looked up from my looting, half of the town was just floating in the river, staring at me and my kill. WTF? I get that a dude killing a dragon with a dinky little crossbow is pretty impressive, but apparently the better portion of the population of Dragonbridge decided to jump into the river to marvel at the feat.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I fast travelled to Lakeside manor and all was peaceful and serene, nothing out of the ordinary, until a dragon showed up. Serana and I ran down the path and across the road, to finish it off and when I came back, not five minutes later I came upon this:

Do giants binge drink and go cow tipping? Poor Betsy :sadface:
IMG_2375small.jpg