• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Decided I'd give roleplaying a go, roleplayed a Vigilant of Stendarr cause they seemed like they needed help, cause they kept dying, I died within 30 minutes of roleplaying one and was like "Wow Skyrim really hates the Vigilants"

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Something I just realized:

When you follow Ralof out of Helgen and ask him "Was that dragon on your side?", he responds "I don't think even Ulfric could pull a dragon out of his pocket."

...which is exactly what you do later in the game. (Okay, out of your larynx, but still...)

Metal-Maniac

During my first 3 hours of gameplay, just after I became Thane, I was admiring the country around Whiterun when all of the sudden a deer landed infront of me. I was like "What the hell? It's raining beef!" And then I saw the shadow on the ground... And then the epic music started... And then.........

Waaaaaaaah this game is full of wow moments!!!

Train

Is that all you got?!
I think I have it, the most awesome of all "wow" moments: ...when playing the game... :D

kaidan

my wow moment would be when i was just adventuring as you normally do and then i see and hear a dragon a fair way in front of me and i see it attacking somethin i sprint over there and see a fing sabrecat attacking a frost troll battling a giant all while there being attached by a dragon i was just sitting there in awe when all of them just start attacking me so what it did was f them up by turning into a werewolf and pimp slapping them alll

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
When you are traveling to Kynesgrove by fast-traveling to Whiterun and running all the way there on foot, having not discovered Windhelm yet, and you catch up to Delphine somewhere around Mixwater Mill. Delphine occasionally makes small treks off the main path as if to scout for enemies/Thalmor, and when you approach the gates of Windhelm, she actually makes a detour toward it sufficient enough that if you're following her closely, you trigger the Windhelm Stables waypoint.

"I never realized she did that!"

Train

Is that all you got?!
Delphine occasionally makes small treks off the main path as if to scout for enemies/Thalmor, and when you approach the gates of Windhelm, she actually makes a detour toward it sufficient enough that if you're following her closely, you trigger the Windhelm Stables waypoint.

"I never realized she did that!"

It's awesome that you think she's doing that stuff on purpose, but I regretfully must inform that it's not. All people you follow at one point or another veer off, some do it more than others, Barbas I think is the worst. It's because they're having trouble following the path they're supposed to. It's not really a coding error, just that the game is trying to find the fastest possible route, so it sees what might be a shortcut or it thinks the road turned that way, then suddenly the NPC is over there. Some go running way off the road, I've followed them for nearly five minutes once, then suddenly we're running back to the road :facepalm:. The game legitimately thought that path would be better, but then when it figures out there's a problem with it for one reason or another, the NPC stops, the game thinks about it, then runs back the way it came.

Run, Forest, run!!!

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
A while back I had a mysterious, Good Aligned Paladin Char called simply `Priest`. He was partying with Lydia clearing Silent Moon's. She dropped to the ground from damage, and he cast Healing Hands on her, to which she said "A Healing Spell! Are you a Priest?"...to which I probably shouted at the screen IRL "I am THE Priest"....
For a tiny fraction of a second, my head was telling me `Wow, how many names did they get the voice actors to actually say?! Then an even tinier fraction of a second later, the rest of my brain kicked in, and the `WOW` moment turned into a `Oww` moment...Still it was a nice fraction of a second :)

(I must admit, it got annoying about the 7th time she said it...."Yes, Lydia, we've been over this before, I'm a Priest, and you're a bit poorly with no longterm memory whatsoever"...[poor girl, what with all that coughing and yawning she does, she's probably got first stage Mad Cow Disease, must remember to go easy on her])

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
"Help me, bunny rabbit!!" OMG. laugh & laugh & laugh. What would have been awesome is if the rabbit had turned into Bun-zilla or a were-rabbit and crushed the mammoths.

Is that you with the vid commentary? It's hilarious. Thanks for a really good laugh :D

Barry Potter

Was travelling from Riften to Ivarstead today to speak with my next Dark Brotherhood contact, when Shadowmere and I happened upon a novice necromancer in the forest, hiding in a group of chicken nests.
Poor fellow never stood a chance of course, but he was determined to fight to the death.
A poor chicken must have copped a stray firebolt, or maybe a stray hoof to the beak, and died.
Anyhow, the fight wasn't going so well for our poor noobie necromage, so in a vain hope to fight back, he reanimated the chook....
Unfortunately he was "eliminated" shortly after casting the spell, so I never got the chance to judge the fight in the bird. I only found out this happened by accident, for as I was checking the nests for loot, I saw a strange glowing mound.....which turned out to be the "undead chicken", upside down.....
As I was staring down at the bird in disbelief, the spell ended with a "clap" and a "bukkork!"....and the chicken fell over on its side.
I love this game :)

Train

Is that all you got?!
As I was staring down at the bird in disbelief, the spell ended with a "clap" and a "bukkork!"....and the chicken fell over on its side.
I love this game :)

Count your blessings, chickens are extremely dangerous, tick one off and an entire flock attacks...they're deadly, beware! (LoZ reference FTW!)

I had a wow moment today when I pick pocketed someone sleeping in Helgas bunkhouse and ran away in a room still undetected, then to my amazement the person I stole from started attacking other NPCs in the room as I sat and watched. When it was all finished there was a bloody mess with dead bodies everywhere!

Another one was after a dragon attack in rorikstead the blacksmith was lying dead in the middle of the road with NPCs stroking his face haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Emilia

the scorpion rises under the balsamic moon
after i killed mercer and stole the skeleton key... the room filled up with water. it was... beautiful.

Psyra

Can't recall my first one but I had two of them today.

1. First visit to Kagrenzel. If you've been to Ansilvund, it's very near there and further up into the mountains. If you look closely on the world map, you'll actually see it there, it's a large building far up in the mountains. It evidently contains the longest indoor plummet in the game. I believe it - a nine second fall. :)

2. A cinematic kill of a blood dragon by my L20 archer/rogue. I had grounded it in the rocks somewheres along the road northwest of Rorikstead and it was down to about 12%, while I was at 15% myself (While I was fighting it two saber cats showed up to harass me and make life difficult). He was out of range for normal fire attacks. I jumped up onto the next cliff over and started sliding forward, lining up an arrow as he inhaled, and blasted off a fireball. A second later, I loosed the arrow, and got a cinematic of my arrow slicing directly through the centre of the fireball and nailing the dragon in the jaw and killing it. It was the angle that showed me from behind so it was like something out of a movie. Just after the arrow took flight my feet slid fully off the platform and the fireball juuuuust passed over my head a split second before the arrow found its mark. All of this happening in slow motion made it even more epic. I only wish Skyrim had an 'Instant Replay' so i could have captured it on Fraps.

Sn'eek the Khajiit

The Sn'eekiest of them all.
There has been quite a few WTF/OH MY GOD/:Facepalm: moments in my now close to 500 hours play time, having role played a few characters (Though with the idea being a demi god, they all seem to realize that they need to go sort out Skyrim seen as everything is going to the pl*ps.) The first being Grunt the Orc who was a one handed hit first, ask questions later, needless to say not many people liked him and it was almost impossible to get Thane in most holds. The second was actually Sheogoroth (yes i know! Don't troll) the element i added to him to show his mad side was that in every conversation i held the left anologue stick down and chose at random what he said. Sn'eek the Khajiit is my last, pesky little thief whom likes his bows, often finding amusement in pickpocketing guards weapons and punching them in the face.

Anyways, so first off, my face palm moment.

Out in The Reach, Sn'eek was exploring as he does, ever the opportunist thinking he can turn anything into a little coin he was picking ingredients left right and center, killing of a few Forsworn/Bandits for their weapons. Seeing a blue butterfly flutter past, he thinks, i am having those wings. Starts a chase, doesn't really take long to catch up to it, though when he does he notices that it is getting further away. Kitty eyes wide he looks down realizing that he is falling off some huge cliff, looking back up the butterfly simply laughing at him, shaking his fist till the comedy splat at the bottom.

WTF moment?

Where to begin, there has been so many with each of the characters really, one which i remember which stands out (having seen alot of animals chase others, bandits thrown by giants, dragons throwing bandits, etc...) I was ready to kill a certain women (won't spoil it just in case) whilst she was prepping to get onto the balcony, shadow sweeps across the ground, natural reaction is to look up thinking it's a dragon. It was an eagle though which is fine, i seen it a few times, but bow being already in hand i aimed, fired, bird came dropping out the sky .... "Ooooo Eagle Feathers."

OH MY GOD moment?

I've lost count the amount of times i have practically pl*ps myself because of something coming up close and biting my char's face of. Dragons always get the blood racing when playing through on Master, especially when it's more then one, that little rock sticking up is your best friend. The worst though was my second character, though this could be a facepalm moment as well. I had already gone adventuring before visiting the Greybeards, leaving the dragon quests because well, i can always come back to them. So i had already found most the words, they had all been unlocked though the more important ones to mention at this point is Whirlwind Sprint. As soon as i got the second i thought to myself, oooo the Greybeards have the 3rd word, so i visit and they teach but they foolishly asked me to practice. So he opens the gate, i run, holding down the button to show my awesome whirlwind sprint ability, turning to wink before i do just so they know i am better then them. Turn back, repeat all 3 words, sprint stops, fall of cliff, die ..... Reload ... Sheepishly bow my head as i repeat one word, even though i just reloaded i could see them giving me mocking looks, shaking there head ... (On that note, don't think you are better then them, i decided to teach them a lesson for mocking me, they taught me another lesson, had to reload ...)