• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
I'm role playing as The Mane, the religious leader of Elswyer, he's peaceful, only kills when he has to, prays a lot, fasts, has mercy on his enemies when they ask for it, helps the people of Skyrim, he even once shielded a child from a barrage of arrows with his own body. All of a sudden vigilance of Stendarr attack him for no reason, they werent vampires in disguise (From what I know, they were named "Vigilent") He then gets attacked by that Argonian hanging out in Solitude. (I don't know what got into that guy.) The Mane tried for mercy on the Argonian, but eventually had to kill him. Why is everyone trying to kill The Mane? Oh and a DB assasian was sent after him too.
The Argonian in Solitude, are you talking about Jaree-Ra?
Rumar said:
He's an obnoxious egg brother who poorly represents the Argonian race.
Ram-Ku said:
Petty thief; nothing special.

Torok

Yes.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I prefer the day, just yesterday I went exploring far north along the coast, even more north than Winterhold. I absolutely loved the scenery underwater as well as on the broken ice and glaciers. So beautiful, you get the feeling of how cold it is in game just from the scenery.

I know right? The scenery at the north coast is pretty scary during night.

J'Kowa

I'm just constantly awed by the scenery honestly. Earlier tonight I was climbing to the peak of the Throat of the World and kept stopping to look over the edge, picking out all the cities and landmarks I could. Even with lower graphics settings it was amazing.

Oh who am I kidding, the entire game is a 'wow moment' for me.

Benthos

Proud Mer
DLC for PS3's Skyrim really messes with my frame rate especially through the Reach. It gets so bad, it looks like it's about to crash, it gets so bad, I just recorded it for you to understand how terrible it gets but when I'm not recording it gets even worse. As if it's only moving 1 frame per few seconds I kid you not.

mm98xv.png

Came across this guy resting like this, I walked up to his face and nothing. He wasn't bothering his time at all.

Posts-On-Forums

A long time ago I had this failed attempt to try to do my own Elder Strolls-style thing with some random Nord character. I went out hunting in those woods outside of Dawnstar, a giant chased me, we got all the way back to Dawnstar, and he killed just about everyone.

I was just like "...did I do that? Was I responsible for killing almost all of Dawnstar!?

...cool, I wanna do that again!"

Benthos

Proud Mer
A long time ago I had this failed attempt to try to do my own Elder Strolls-style thing with some random Nord character. I went out hunting in those woods outside of Dawnstar, a giant chased me, we got all the way back to Dawnstar, and he killed just about everyone.
That's the best way to handle giants is to lure them to civilization so you have help taking them down (unless you don't need it).
Or this:

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
The first time i saw the ghost child. It gave me a mini heart attack. I was like wow this is kinda creepy.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I'm role playing as The Mane, the religious leader of Elswyer, he's peaceful, only kills when he has to, prays a lot, fasts, has mercy on his enemies when they ask for it, helps the people of Skyrim, he even once shielded a child from a barrage of arrows with his own body. All of a sudden vigilance of Stendarr attack him for no reason, they werent vampires in disguise (From what I know, they were named "Vigilent") He then gets attacked by that Argonian hanging out in Solitude. (I don't know what got into that guy.) The Mane tried for mercy on the Argonian, but eventually had to kill him. Why is everyone trying to kill The Mane? Oh and a DB assasian was sent after him too.
If you mean Jaree-Ra in Solitude, then I have had the same things. My Argonian is somewhat of a good guy, so he felt really bad about having to kill a fellow marsh-dweller, but he did attack first

Torok

So, I was trying to kill the giant that attacked and killed an entire Khajiit carava. (I'm playing as the Mane, so I have to protect my people.) I almost killed the giant then a dragon lands right in from of me, I'm stuck fighting the dragon for like five minutes, I killed the dragon barely surviving. The murderous Khajiit killing giant escapes with its life... At least I showed him what happens when you mess with the Khajiit people.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Cave Bears and all kinds of bears just won't leave me alone!
Anyway...
Just now I was playing Skyrim and expanding my home near Falkreath, as soon as I was done with the drafting table I started hearing some giant footsteps. I was curious as to why there would be because I'm not exactly near a Giant's camp, I turn and sure enough, there was a giant coming down the stairs of the newly built wing of my home. Here's the video of it.
At 4:00 mark you'll see what I mentioned above.

Elladale_Darkwood

My biggest WOW moment was being made ArchMage at the Mage College. I had so not expected it to happen, that I turned to look at my brother and dad ,who were watching me play, in complete shock. Such a cool honor to be granted it.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I'm amazed that even after playing this game for well over a year, and I still manage to find myself absentmindedly wandering off cliffs. There is nothing better than hopping along, minding your own business, when all of a sudden you jump up, and down is MUCH further than you anticipated...I get distracted by the scenery. Sad, but true.

Also, why don't bodies go splat after jumping off the side of a mountain? I always wondered that....

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I too am consistently blown away by the scenery even after all this time. Not to mention that I still run across things/people/experiences that I had not previously in other games.

I am not sure that it would be possible for me to pick my biggest wow moment. THere have been so many with Skyrim V. However, I do have a pretty big "OMG what just happened there?"/bizzaro moment from a recent game. Probably belongs in another thread though.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I just downloaded and installed Dragonborn DLC sometime late last week and started playing it on Ram-Ku's profile, I was blown away by the scenery. After getting used to the landscape of Skyrim, it certainly was a HUGE difference in a volcanic wasteland in Morrowind. I was astounded to be able to dive as deep as I have in this DLC compared to Skyrim's deepest waters. I have a new personal favorite set of armor made from Stalhrim (heavy set looks better IMO especially the helmet).

Edit: Just found out I can make spiders, insanity!!!

Bebop87

First time i was smacked by a giant... (wow) my body flew up reeeeeally high.

Chadonraz

I just found out that NPCs can get kill cams on dragons, when Kharjo finished off a Blood Dragon that made the mistake of attacking Dawnstar. :bluedragon: