• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
was jumping randomly with my horse...then just started to hover

found it hilarious xD
Generally find horses to be more trouble than help, so I'm kinda short on funny horse stuff.

I do like that thing that happens every once in a while in sneak mode; sometimes my legs don't move when I'm walking, so it looks like I'm just sorta skiing along.:eek:

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
It's not really a "WOW" moment, but I just fast traveled to Sarethi's Farm and witnessed an Imperial Soldier fighting a Rift Guard, neither of them came up on my radar as enemies so I let them have it out. It was pretty cool, I am assuming that the Rift Guard was a Stormcloak.

I've had many, but I felt I'd share the most recent one I had; and by recent, I mean it happened a few minutes ago!

*SPOILERS*

I was on the second leg of the Blood on the Ice quest in Windhelm, patrolling the streets of the city hoping to catch the murderer in (or preferably) before the act. I cruise through the market place and see him creeping up on who would be his last victim, but unfortunately I was too late to stop him, and he plunges his dagger in to the poor woman's heart.

I ran to chase him down but he flees before I can catch him. So, I whip out my bow and we begin a chase through the streets of Windhelm, pushing aside onlookers and guards.

We passed through the cemetery and up in to the area where all the houses are, and he is now within an inch of his life. As I make my way up the steps out of the cemetery he is already ascending the steps farther down the street, so in a desperate attempt to slow him down before he can gain more ground I draw my bow, line up my shot, and let her rip! I was originally intending for a disabling shot, or maybe a lucky kill, but I got something much more satisfactory than that!

I watch as I go in to third person, the camera following the arrow over my soldier, across the street, and right in to the back of the head of the murderer, as he plunges head first on to the cold hard stone and tumbles down the steps.

Sure, I've had that happen before; but I think the justice of the moment really made it something special :p

Darks

Generally find horses to be more trouble than help, so I'm kinda short on funny horse stuff.

I do like that thing that happens every once in a while in sneak mode; sometimes my legs don't move when I'm walking, so it looks like I'm just sorta skiing along.:eek:
i spawn at holds nearest the place I'm going so i don't risk my horse dying lol

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
I was in a burial crypt tryin' to find something, had to do with the main story quest, but when I got to the final room, I was attacked by a hord of Draugrs. They're fun to kill but the Overlords and Wights are a different story. I pulled out my bow and equiped some Orcish arrows and went to town. Headshot after headshot killin ever single one with one shot. Not really a Wow moment but I felt pretty bad!

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
The attack on Whiterun during the Civil War was fun! I was fighting for the imperials. I had married Ysolda right before this quest started and fully decorated my home. While running down to the main gate I'm saying to myself: I'm gonna be PISSED if they kill my wife or destroy my house!! It would have been nice if Nazeem died though...I hate him. But the battle and the scale of it was a great Wow for me!

PersonII

Not sure if going to play TF2 ever again...
I was on top of the Throat of the World, talking to Paarthurnax for my first time, with the auroras in the background. It was beautiful.

Tairii

I remembered when I first downloaded an HD texture mod. I looked at some waterfalls, and let me say, I was staring at a few for several hours. You could tell the modder put some effort in it. Not exactly about vanilla skyrim, but still, one of my biggest "Wow" moments.

I had just left white run for the first time to go exploring when I came to a group of giants and accidently ticked them one of them then proceeded to use my body as a baseball and score a home run.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
My first wow moment was probably when I first went back to Helgen, but I was horrified, the music had stopped playing and the first thing I saw was charred corpses impaled on spikes, everything was burned and it had been taken over by bandits. This was the only place other than Rannevieg's Fast that actually scared me.

StellaLuna

Draugr burial crypts never scared me, but Yngol Barrow just gave me the creeps. Something about the atmosphere in that place... I mean, I anticipated Draugr to come popping out their coffins... But nothing. Plus, you have these weird orbs floating around you. Wtf are they? They here to help? Are they using you/tricking you into unleashing an unspeakable evil? Are they just there to unnerve you? Whaaat?!

I needa get my hands on that Yngol Barrow book.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
Draugr burial crypts never scared me, but Yngol Barrow just gave me the creeps. Something about the atmosphere in that place... I mean, I anticipated Draugr to come popping out their coffins... But nothing. Plus, you have these weird orbs floating around you. Wtf are they? They here to help? Are they using you/tricking you into unleashing an unspeakable evil? Are they just there to unnerve you? Whaaat?!

I needa get my hands on that Yngol Barrow book.
They're ment to be guiding the way to the ghost of Yngol, who you must kill for the Helm of Candy.

Naclsack

Salty
When I was in Narzulbur farming ebony ore and I couldnt rest because there were 2 dragons flying around that would never land... not so much a "Wow!" moment as a "wow...-_-'" moment lol :p

TheDee

"Wow", is there anything more pathetic than the Brotherhood? Baby killing rapists? No, that's going to far, serial killers perhaps. Oh wait, they are serial killers lol. I guess it was wishful thinking, hoping for a group of cool, ancient Ninja-like, badass assassins in Skyrim, who have some semblance of a code, who don't kill innocent people and certainly don't get involved in petty work, like murdering a miner in Dawnstar, just to settle a local fued, or killing a hapless beggar in Ivarstead, which is surely work more to suited to a hired bandit, or any fool who can weald a sword.
Sadly the Bethesda version of an assissin is nothing more than a murderer. Probably made so to cater to the apparent "urges" people have that they apparently need to get out in games, which is... quite disturbing realy.
On the other hand, maybe we're given the oppurtunity to kill in cold blood so that we can create an evil character and act out a role that is in no way an extension of our true selves. That I can understand, but its hard for some people to do; you see your favourite character in a show or movie get hurt, and you flinch in pain, sympathically, the same way some people yawn after they see or hear someone else yawn.
So it realy just depends on the kind of gamer, as to weather the Brotherhood missions can be played at all.

theoduck

Kilkreath Ruins (Break of Dawn quest): 2932 in CASH! + everything in there has either a grand or a greater soul + other loot.

The "wow" is the amount of cold, hard coin in that place.

theoduck

Hahahaha! Jenassa just insta-killed a dragon with Mehrune's Razor.

I just got the thing recently and figured Jenassa would put it to better use, but after I left her in The Winking Skeever so I could crash the Thalmor party, I sorta forgot about it.

So we fast travel to Meridia's Shrine to go check out Wolfskull Cave and this Wyrm (Deadly Dragons mod -- rainbow-hued and likes to summon buddies) starts in on us, so I dash for cover. It lands and I start a barrage of glass arrows, then I notice it's still on the ground and hasn't breathed once. Then I notice that it's sort of sliding down the hill, so I take a couple of steps forward and it catches fire. I had just scored a critical hit, but DAMN!

...then I remembered.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts