• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
I wasn't able to upload any of the epic battles I've had because I can only record via webcam on laptop (which I rarely would ever want to do) or camera phone. I have recorded three instances with Skyrim which I'll post here:
Barbas:
The dog is restless like no other. As much as he annoys me, I will keep him in my party for a while just in case if I need extra backup. He helped take down giants, mammoths, and dragons even though I didn't need his help. This is on my current Benthos (Orc) file.
Lydia:
This was on my last PSN which was removed. I had 3 characters, an Argonian of the same name as my first current file, Khajit named Tigertron (based off of the Beast Wars character), and Phanes the High Elf. This problem was simply corrected by walking into a dungeon.
Kharjo:
They came to defend him after I blasted the heck out of him... just goes to show how awesome Kharjo really is. I recommend bringing him along especially since he sounds like Puss in Boots.
This is on my current file "Rumar" which as you can see is a combination of Daedric and Ebony armor.

DefragZA

I think the whole game deserves a wow omg that was cool.

I would give skyrim a 9/10

Only downside for me is the crafting ui's are a bit tedious because its a console port and thank god for mods so we can enjoy HD textures, other than that skyrim is quite awesome. Ive been gaming for 15 years and i play everything at least once, skyrim has to be right up there as one of the best game Ive ever played.

The dragon rising was one of the best, see from about 12:15 in this clip

Tuatara

While exploring the Understone Keep and a huge spider twice the size of those large Frostbite spiders drops in on you. It freaked me out and I like spiders.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I almost just plops my pants over this wow moment. I just ran out of Yngol Barrow and saw some people fighting a mammoth. I get a little closer and what do I see? Skjor, who died a LOOOONG time ago, stuck waist-deep in the snow, fighting the mammoth. Once the fight was over, his arms stuck straight up in the air and his torso floated away across the snow, Skjor otherwise motionless.
I tell ya, with his deadness and one milky eye and ethereal snow presence, I nearly plops my legs off and tossed the controller.

Saozig

Hippy
I was roaming about Falkreath, just southwest of the Bannermist Tower when I heard this noise I had never heard while playing Skyrim before. I thought something might be wrong with the audio but then I moved past a tree and spotted a large elk, facing me, doing a mating call! That was the sound. I was like "Wow, rutting season in Skyrim!"

Here's a vid of a real elk doing a mating call--the Skyrim elk looked and sounded very much like the elk at the :10 mark:

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
I was roaming about Falkreath, just southwest of the Bannermist Tower when I heard this noise I had never heard while playing Skyrim before. I thought something might be wrong with the audio but then I moved past a tree and spotted a large elk, facing me, doing a mating call! That was the sound. I was like "Wow, rutting season in Skyrim!"

Here's a vid of a real elk doing a mating call--the Skyrim elk looked and sounded very much like the elk at the :10 mark:

I had a rather epic moment with an elk that did the same thing. I was chasing him with an axe cuz I was too lazy to use a bow at the time and right when I had the poor thing cornered it turned and made that very same wail right in my face. I almost didn't want to kill him cuz he showed quite a warrior's spirit in the end...but he was so tasty...

Raven

In a Companions quest I had to kill a dragon at Skyborn Altar.
When I slayed it, it fell off the cliff and was smashing against the rocks ala Gandalf/Balrog style, meanwhile absorbing its soul.
fl*ffING AMAZING

Saozig

Hippy
I had a rather epic moment with an elk that did the same thing. I was chasing him with an axe cuz I was too lazy to use a bow at the time and right when I had the poor thing cornered it turned and made that very same wail right in my face. I almost didn't want to kill him cuz he showed quite a warrior's spirit in the end...but he was so tasty...

Ah, that reminds me: you know you're addicted to Skyrim when you've discovered a new-found liking for venison.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
First time I came across Eldergleem sanctuary, I was adventuring looking to kill things and found the cave so I ran in charging like some blood hungry maniac with my greatsword at the ready thinking I would be fighting some foul beasts, bandits or even the evil wizards...

Place is all peaceful with people enjoying the serenity of it all... I turn to my follower "Lydia...this is your fault you live in this land. Why didn't you tell me there was nothing to kill in here? Making me look like some crazy moron."

Least I got to kill things in there later on with a quest.

From a lore point of view
SPOILER ALERT.
SPOILER ALERT.
SPOILER ALERT.
SPOILER ALERT.
SPOILER ALERT.
SPOILER ALERT.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
When i met Knight-Paladin Gelebor during Dawnguard. I am really interested in the falmer/snow elfs and i have to say actually meeting a snow elf was really exciting for myself. I was playing with my 2 handed Orc 'Urdusk', remember spotting something off in the distant and dropping to a crouch with an arrow aimed but thought best not to shoot, and when i made it closer and realised it was a snow elf i was pretty excited and happy.
Of course this is just one of many hundreds if not thousands of wow and exciting moments i experience whilst playing skyrim
: ) Did anyone else find meeting the snow elf as interesting?

I saw a little old woman living in a shack in the forest, she seemed lovely and then i notice she had a jewled dagger clipped on to her belt, and i thought to myself...seems a bit too much ornate for a little old shack woman. I then proceeded to just hang around untill she left the house to tend her veggie patch...I snooped a round and amongst her ramshackled abode i found a trap door hidden leading underground! She had an alchemy table, and an enchanting table, all kinds of ingrediants and soul gems, and had letter on her table to her sister whom she was encouraging to leave town come live with her, and form a coven so that they can attain "power un-imaginable"

I think its just awsome that in this game shiznit klike that happens!

When i left her basement she was waiing for me! she said now that knew her secrete, i had to die! needless to say that forest is now has one less witch in it lol

I was surprised when i found this out myself aswell! i remember my friend telling me that he had taken the poor woman out and i remember feeling sorry for her untill, as you said, i found the little trap door and it reveals her true identity! : )

I had a wow moment when I entered a small cylindrical room with an npc and I realized her voice was echoing realistically. The sound design is really well done. The 3d sound is fantastic.
I am in complete agreement with you. To me personally the sound matters pretty much as much as the visual does. The processing of sound in skyrim is amazing and has been done so well. It really adds to the immersion and creates truly beautiful and epic atomspheres. : )

JClarke1953

Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us? All those tiny things that go into making this a supremely amazing and deep game.

I had one just recently, something small that knocked my socks off. I was getting into a carriage, and the driver, as part of idle chat, appropriately referenced the weather. An NPC. Noticed the weather. And mentioned it. DUDE.

I know, dumb nothing, but things like that are startling and incredible because of the depth they add to the game.p

How 'bout you?

I had two yesterday! Got into a fight with some Forsworn, got to close, and one jumped after me, his sword swinging! Next thing I see is my head rolling through the air while my body rolls down the hard, stone step's!

The other was when I was fighting a "Legendary" Dragon, hit it with Marked For Death, it roared loud and hard as it lifted from the ground. Then I sent a Fireball blast at it, hitting it squarely at its neck. Next thing I hear is a louder roaring screech, then it falls from the sky, body first, wing's trailing! By the time it hit the ground, it's Soul was already entering into my char.

Wildroses

I had a whole string of wow, omg really and holy crud that was cool moments from Hearthfire. Wall of text incoming.

My character was one of my "simple country lass" playthroughs, who only do enough quests to purchase land, build houses, raise families and buy or grow food for everyone.

I was walking back to my newly built Winstad Manor one evening. A few steps from the door an angry giant takes a few swipes at me. Omg really? In a panic, I dive in the door. As I had no steward yet, and hence no livestock, I was not too worried about the giant. I assumed he'd leave once he realised I had no livestock.

The next morning, when I left the house intending to walk to Solitude to buy lumbar and iron, I was surprised to find him still there, but non-hostile. Wow. He stayed there for three entire in-game days, hanging out by the animal pen looking bewildered. I got to the point where I was starting to think holy crud this is cool having a resident non-hostile giant, and thinking maybe I won't get livestock because this giant is cooler.

But it didn't last. When I left the house around midday one day he snapped, presumably at the continued lack of cows and chickens. I totally didn't see it coming after so long of non-hostile behaviour (omg really) and in my panic sprinted into the marsh instead of the house.

When I have some distance between us, I tried to decide what on earth I was going to do. Simple country lasses are way out of their league trying to take on giants, but at the same time I clearly have to kill this giant for my own safety and the safety of my future family. Then I have a brainwave. I can run all the way to Morthal and get the guards to deal with it for me. This is exactly what I do. To motivate the giant into keeping up with me I am careful to throw the occasional fireball and double back when he loses me.

When I get to Morthal my plan looks like a failure. The mill owner screams he is getting out of here. A guard on the bridge hopes I am staying safe. Benor and another guard say the fight should be good. Nobody seems very interested in the giant. But then, the guard on the bridge runs forward to take on the giant in single combat. Everybody else seems quite happy to stand back and watch. Feeling mildly guilty and not wanting to watch this guard die because of me, I decide to pull out my bow and arrow and give him a hand.

Unfortunately, the giant ducks right after I lose the arrow, and it hits that guard. Instantly, the guard I am standing next to while he placidly watches the fight is galvanised into action. I have commited crimes against Skyrim and her people! What say I in my defense? After a pause for me to say OMG REALLY?!?! I agree to pay the 40 gold bounty and am dragged off to be patted down for stolen items.

When I get out of the guard barracks that solitary guard is still engaged in single combat with the giant. I fire four more arrows before one accidentally hits that hero of a guard again. Again, the guard next to me is galvanised into action, again I pay 40 gold, again I am dragged off, again that solitary guard is still engaged in single combat when I get out. I decide not to give him a hand this time and let him bring down the giant unassisted.

Eventually, there is a victor. The giant finally falls after an epic battle between man and giant. Wow, I think. That guard is so powerful and badass. Bringing down a giant by himself! He is a credit to his profession. I watch in admiration as he nonchalantly strolls across the bridge back into the city. In his moment of glory, this hero of Morthal has some special words for me in recognition of my contributions.

"If it's a fight you're after, I'm ready this time."

Wow. Just wow. That was all I could say.

DigitzDs

Nahh what i thought was just the most epic part in the game is when you kill the dragon priest and enter that void and then soon realize that your in Sovngarde o_O and with the epic ass music lol that hot

Torok

I'm playing as The Mane (the high priest of the Khajiit.) He's relaxing in the Falkreath inn for the night. The maid comes over, she cant get to him because a follower blocks her path, so she thinks it's a good idea to teleport on The Mane's lap... What is with all the women (and men) trying to get with my characters? Especially when they're not single?

This one was single, but he's not looking for a mate.

Saozig

Hippy
Had a small wow moment last night. I was returning to Whiterun in the late evening, and for some reason, I went into that small empty space to your left when you just pass the drawbridge. There are three arched windows in the stone wall between that space and the drawbridge, and the light from the fores along the walkway were casting light through them, leaving patches of light on the ground. It was a really nice detail.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts