• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Whitty

Doing the College of Winterborn quest for the Staff of Magnus, I lined up a shot with my bow at a falmer.... let loose and the little pest sidestepped out of the way and so did his little chaurus pet, still killed them both with malice for being so cocky ;)

HEFFAY

Sorngarde was Badass... The mist was really creepy, and when that first soul you encounter warns you then Alduin snags him was great. The sky was beautiful. The inside of the great hall was awesome, not to mention they through Ysgommar in there... I like how they gave Alduin a different burn up death scene than the other Dragons...

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
First time in Blackreach, beautiful!!! aside from the dwemer automatons and the falmer of course

Wolfchant

swung at the emperor with a 2h power attack while he was sitting in a chair.....and horribly missed, i have it on video, its so bad it's funny, i'll update post as soon as it finishes uploading

EDIT: added video......spoiler alert?

Wok

This may sound odd, but the flowing water. I have seen many games with all kinds of water, but Skyrim pulled it off the best. Oh, and seeing the giants for the first time. I thought I could take them out, but quickly discovered that was not the case when I went flying 10,000 feet into the air.

SSG IrishGirl

Awesome Sauce
The biggest "wow" moment in Skyrim for me was when i entered some dwarven cave, i forgot how it's called, but i think it was a part of the main quest. Anyway, it was huuuge, and had some huge glowing mushroom-like jellyfish creatures. Deep sea really scares me, and that looked totally like a bottom of the ocean, but no matter how scary, it was beautiful.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_276957_thumb_wide620.jpg

That is Blackreach. I was seriously impressed when I first saw it too. It was much more immense than I had anticipated. :)

Wolfchant

That is Blackreach. I was seriously impressed when I first saw it too. It was much more immense than I had anticipated. :)
i agree, i got lost for about 25 minutes in that segment that he's talking about, but it wasn't frustrating at all, pretty great scenery to get lost in, imo

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
Just outside of Labyrinthian after the Staff Of Magnus quest i got attacked by a Blood Dragon. After using most of health potions on the aformentioned quest, i decided to run and try to hide. Lucky for me it turned its attention to three Frost Trolls, who managed to take him out with ease. Never thought I'd be thanking Frost trolls ;)

Raven

This may sound odd, but the flowing water. I have seen many games with all kinds of water, but Skyrim pulled it off the best
Red Dead also had some really nice water graphics but you're right, Skyrim is just that little bit more awesome when it comes to that.
Another moment for me was when I discovered the decapitation perk for the first time ever. Dual-wielding Blades swords, I power attacked a bandit and the cut scene showed me stabbing him in the gut, he falls to his knees, I put the swords either side of his neck and SLICE!.....his head rolls off down the hill and he slowly falls over and rolls after it :D

Adam Warlock

Today was a strange day in Solitude. Around a week ago , a frost dragon had killed my friend and neighbor , Octieve San , down near the Market. Someone came up and said , "There`s another one to throw on the pile." I couldn`t let the old warrior go out like that , so I made him my Dead Thrall and took him back to his house. His sister , Evette , had already died (don`t know how but I got an inheritance) so I knew the house was empty. I put him in his bed with a dead female dunmer pyromancer that I`d been testing as a Thrall. Today I told my follower , Illia , to wait in my basement and I went to the San house to deposit a dead orc Bandit Chief I was discarding and discovered that the pyro was ALIVE and flaming mad ! She immediately attacked the orc (who was still armored but had no weapon). He grabbed a woodman`s axe to fight with but she did him in and scorched me pretty good before I killed her(again). I wondered if Octieve had respawned because he wasn`t in the house. I went down to the bar where he would hang out but he wasn`t there either. When I came out of the bar, there was Illia , waiting in the street with her original robes from Darklight Tower and none of the special equipment I had supplied her with. So I went back to a save from before leaving my house. Love to hear any recommendations about what to do with the pyro. Strongly considering filling the place with respawnable baddies for my own mini combat zone. I would note that the Thrall bodies I keep in Proudspire manor do not revive on their own

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
This may sound odd, but the flowing water. I have seen many games with all kinds of water, but Skyrim pulled it off the best. Oh, and seeing the giants for the first time. I thought I could take them out, but quickly discovered that was not the case when I went flying 10,000 feet into the air.

Agreed, I was awestruck by Skyrim's water visuals when I first started playing the game. It still manages to impress me from time to time, especially the waterfalls and even the smaller brooks.

Had another Wow moment today, and here I was thinking I had become a jaded old veteran who has seen it all. I came upon a mammoth fighting two sabercats in a deep cleft between a glacier. It was a life or death struggle and the amazing acoustics of the glacial canyon made the sounds of the battle echo off the walls like rolling thunder. Eventually the mammoth prevailed, trampling both of the sabercats to death. I had my axe ready and was about to chop him into mammoth steaks, but somehow the sight of him standing there proudly and triumphantly, in spite of having suffered grievous wounds, made me decide to spare his life.

Adam Warlock

Agreed, I was awestruck by Skyrim's water visuals when I first started playing the game. It still manages to impress me from time to time, especially the waterfalls and even the smaller brooks.

Had another Wow moment today, and here I was thinking I had become a jaded old veteran who has seen it all. I came upon a mammoth fighting two sabercats in a deep cleft between a glacier. It was a life or death struggle and the amazing acoustics of the glacial canyon made the sounds of the battle echo off the walls like rolling thunder. Eventually the mammoth prevailed, trampling both of the sabercats to death. I had my axe ready and was about to chop him into mammoth steaks, but somehow the sight of him standing there proudly and triumphantly, in spite of having suffered grievous wounds, made me decide to spare his life.
Stendarr will bless you for your merciful forbearance.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
When I first discovered mammoth's. Which I actually have a video of
fast forward to 16:56

Oh my goodness. I skipped to 16:56 to watch the mammoth bit and then I had to go back to the beginning and watch the entire thing because YOU ARE HILARIOUS. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending more time watching you play today than playing myself.

Anyway, wow moments!

1. So I'm going about my business in Riften one day, and notice some Argonian woman following me around. I do not appreciate this, so I search her pockets for clues, but she catches me and attacks me. I get a few hits in before I realize there's a third party in this fight: Riften's token homeless woman, Edda, who has begun to beat down the Argonian in earnest. I guess she really freaking appreciated me giving her a coin that one time!

2. I'm attacking a wolf, who's attacking my dog, who's attacking a bear, who's attacking me. It was like a violent orgy or something.

3. Upon completing a Stormcloak mission, Ulfric himself gifts me with a Stormcloak Officer's gear. I put it on, and lo and behold, it is the shortest, skimpiest, skankiest skirt I believe this game has to offer. Ulfric is definitely trying to get me into bed.

4. I'm selling some loot in Riften after a day of adventuring and for some reason or other, I turn the camera around to face my character. That's when I notice the huge bloodstain covering her groin. The first explanation that comes to mind is: she got her period.

5. I'm walking down a path in the woods and I spot what appears to be a ghost off in the distance. He's coming closer to me, so I stop and pull out my sword. But then I realize, it's not just a ghost. IT'S A GHOST-HEADLESS HORSEMAN RIDING A GHOST-HORSE OH MY GOD. I have come to the conclusion that it was the ghost of Ragnar the Red.

Richmipkin

Have you met maven, up in riften? Yea sure lady
King Olaf climbed out of his crypt, I gave him a fus do rah and he wobbled, stood up and delivered a backhand which caused the view to pan back and I watched myself fly across the room, hit the wall and slump to the floor. I thought I was dead but I got up, shook my head and kicked his ass !
olaf is one bad mofo

diversecape3

Role-paying through the start of the game (3rd character in) on master, music off, reading my character's dialogue out loud, and 3rd person view most of the time...and drunk. I just felt like I was actually IN Skyrim. Only thing that could have made me feel more in the game was if I remembered to turn the surround sound on.

Combat wise though:

Coming out of a cave, I encounter a dragon immediately, thinking "Not another dragon... *sigh*". I decide to run, I see a giant's camp, I go there hoping for the dragon to fight him instead. I keep running, OMG. "Another dragon?!". Alright, I'll kill them. *call dragon shout*. 5 bandits pop out from what seems the bushes. So, the wow factor was that it was Me, my follower, and odahviing fighting a named dragon, a regular dragon, 2 giants, 2 mammoths, and 5 bandits. On master.

I died the first time actually, and then I get killed by the bandits the second time, but I remembered to save. So I come back and just need to finish off the bandits, this time knowing where they were hiding.

Oh, one thing that helped me win was that once I got out of the cave (2nd time), I call Odahviin, wait, and now I have Odahviin helping me, while my shout is still available, I think I used storm call.

DragonSlayer798

A Blade In The Shadows
Mine was when i first turned into a werewolf and i did the finisher where you bite the guy's head off. FREAKING AWSOME!!!!!