Your thoughts on the invincible children

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you prefer the child NPCs to be invulnerable?

• Total voters

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
They already made a mod for child-killing. As long as Bethesda doesn't endorse it they can't get in trouble. :p

So all people reading this thread must have tried to kill children whether they get hurt or not.
I tried too. They didnt get hurt. and I never touch a children after.
If I would really roll play, there mustn't be invulnerable NPCs.
It is a player's choice whether follow the main quest line , or never touch the quest at all.
but bethesda want us to enjoy the main quest and to follow their rules.
Thats the reason why there are invulnerable NPCs.

Jimmious

Killing somebody is awful regardless if it's a child or an adult. So I really don't see the point of children being specifically invulnerable.
I mean come on, a child will not die from the flames of a dragon but if you decapitate a woman in the middle of the street it's ok since she's not a child? Idiotic, narrow-minded, new-age stuff.
If you're against killing in video games, just play tetris..

Jacob Rose

hello i am a 19 year old college student. i love the fact that i can do a lot of fun things in this game. but i dont see a big deal about murdering children in a video game. me and my friends were sad that my attempt to shoot an arrow through the face of a little childe in whiterun did not happen i am no murderer in real life and im mentally stable i just would enjoy killing every single thing in this entire game, sadly i cannot but the game is still really awesome! dont judge me for trying to kill children its just a video game i cant even kill a spider in real life...

trtlman

In fallout 3 if you choose to detinate the bomb killing everyone the children go as well don't they? But you cant personally kill them. I am sure if it were important to the story of skyrim a child could die but never by your hands which I think would be terrible to add to any game and I'm not for them dying any other way either isn't there enough innocent death in video games already

Annageckos

I think you should be able to kill the kids if you want to. It is a game, they are not real kids, I see no reason why they should not be killable. Some of those brats I would have killed if I could. And just because I kill them in a game does not mean I am going to go shoot up a school. I personally don't see the difference between killing adults or kids in the game.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
We don't know if they are going to be naggers and clingy.

I think there's a strict difference between murdering people who can fend for themselves and murdering people who can't fend for themselves i.e. the children.
Except Braith. she will fight ANYONE. kids.Dogs.Elders. There's NOBODY she won't fight, but she doesen't fight Lars anymore if that's what your worried about.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
First of all, I think it's obvious why Bethesda made children invincible.

Second of all, you can just do setrace nord (or whatever they are) and turn them into an abominable freak of nature, then kill them.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
First of all, I think it's obvious why Bethesda made children invincible.

Second of all, you can just do setrace nord (or whatever they are) and turn them into an abominable freak of nature, then kill them.

setrace argonian

For the shiggles, y'know?

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
...I don't know why you'd kill the children anyway. I mean, they annoy me, but I don't want them to DIE. It kind of scares me when people are incredibly vocal about how they want to kill the children.

*backs away slowly*

back-away-slowly-12587.gif

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
...I don't know why you'd kill the children anyway. I mean, they annoy me, but I don't want them to DIE. It kind of scares me when people are incredibly vocal about how they want to kill the children.

*backs away slowly*

back-away-slowly-12587.gif

lol'd.

Killing children is wrong, I agree.

The thing is, most people want to kill them simply because they can't. People will always want what they can't have, it's just human nature. And of course, it doesn't help that pretty much every single child in Skyrim is a snobby little brat.
In the long run though, although I voted against it, it's for the best that they can't be killed. People nowadays seem to get riled up about as much as they can for no reason, and even pretending to kill children is quite the faux pas.

I personally tried to kill kids once in Skyrim, failed, never tried again. However, I found this video on youtube once where a guy killed a little girl in Whiterun through the use of a mod, and i couldn't help but laugh because, as the kill cam went, and she died, she said "Hey, don't do that!" It was funny, and I think it would be an interesting choice to allow players of kill children but...I really have no preference on the matter.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
damn trolls and morals; how about for the realistic fact we can, especially me plucking 1 in the back of the head just to see the humorous cinematic.

Sean

lost somewhere
In any game, you can kill any person above 18. These people may be completely innocent, but it does not matter, you can kill them.

You should be allowed to kill children, just like adults. It doesn't mean you are going to start killing children, as if that was the case, then you would go around killing other people.

Just because a person can be a child though, doesn't necessarily mean that they are innocent. Just like any adult, it is when the person is mature enough, or have some "loss of innocence" moment that really affects a person.

In reality, a person who is around so much death will "age" quicker then other people who are secluded.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Exactly

rederror

Silent observer
I think that they are annoying as hell, and I'd love to just murder them whenever they open their tiny mouths.
But then again, it is probably the fact that they are invulnerable, making me want to kill them more. Just like the kids in whiterun, some of the adults are just as bad, I don't murder them, (unless I'm really bored) Because that'd mean either fighting a bunch of gaurds, or paying a bounty or going to jail. So if getting rid of one annoyance leads to more annoyance, what's the point of getting rid of it?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts