• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Now that it has been confirmed that there is no more DLC for skyrim what are your plans for the game?

I am going to finish complete my necrmancer build (which is one helluva fun playstyle). Then just to get maximum time out of the game i will probably attempt a Legendary playthrough from start to finish. For me what always made me get heavily into skyrim was preparing a character for the upcoming DLC. From the day Dawnguard was annouced i started making a nightblade character to accomplish pure vampire baddassery. By the time Dawnguard was released i was not even close to getting my character the way i wanted him but getting ready for the DLC was just as fun as the DLC itself for me. Same thing with Dragonborn, my dunmer battlemage might be my favourite character. Most people would agree that Dragonborn was an AMAZING DLC but i have better memories from preparing for the worst with my upcoming battle with the first dragonborn. I am sad that skyrim dosent have anymore content comin its way but i am sure they are working on bigger and better things.

Will you migrate to another game?
Will you play Skyrim till ESO comes out?
Will you be that guy/girl still playing skyrim years after the new console come out?

Two Bears

Skyrim's still going to be my go-to game until Fallout 4 is released, and then I'll switch over. Outside of that, my standard supporting regiment of Flight Simulator X, New Vegas, Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter x Tekken (wife and I are going to EVO this summer; she'll do a lot better than me), Kerbal Space Program, Mount and Blade and a few submarine simulators. Then I'll stick with Fallout 4 until TES VI. And the cycle repeats over and over again.

EDIT: TESO is not really a factor for me. I have a definite opinion about the game, but I will keep it to myself as I don't want to be "that guy". You know, the guy that is always running down somebody's favorite or most anticipated game.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Im still coming to terms with the no more dlc news Im going to have to drown my sorrows soon I just wish Bethesda said on the 4th dec that Dragonborn was the last dlc but off course thats to much to ask of them. I will probably have breaks here and there from Skyrim but I think I will be playing untill TES6 comes out I wouldn't play TESO not my thing I have went from Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim and I will stick with the series not online Elder Scrolls. I just want to hunt down evryone that made those updates about the Redguard rumor and kick them in the baws for getting my hopes up. I think Its time I went to Skyrim on p.c and tried some of those amazing mods :)

Saozig

Hippy
I play all the games I love into the ground. When I really love a game, it has to disappear from the face of the earth before I give it up for good--and only after my last copy's worn out.

Well, ok, some games I have loved I no longer have a working copy and never got around to getting a replacement, but you get my drift. I'm stubborn.

I've said enough on this site about my overwhelming lack of interest in TESO. So no, I won't be moving on to that. I have been shopping around for new games, which I do periodically, in the hopes I find one gem I really must get. I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days, so if I do get a game, it needs to be something I really want or something that has a good chance of winning me over. So far, in terms of new games, nada.

Eventually I'll find a new game. I always do. Might be a while until then, though. So I'll still play Skyrim. Maybe get Oblivion. Play a little Portal 2. Play one of my Civ games for the 25870th time. Perhaps drag the Wii out of the closet and see if I can get anything out of that. Hell, I might even pop in Halo 4. I payed for it. Maybe one day I'll actually play it.

As for my Xbox, short of the Steam Box overtaking the market or MS getting a clue, I think my days as a console player are numbered and I'll be moving back to PC eventually. I just so don't want to have to spend meny on a new PC right now--although I will need to, soon. But until then, I want to get my money's worth out of my Xbox.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Im still coming to terms with the no more dlc news Im going to have to drown my sorrows soon I just wish Bethesda said on the 4th dec that Dragonborn was the last dlc but off course thats to much to ask of them. I will probably have breaks here and there from Skyrim but I think I will be playing untill TES6 comes out I wouldn't play TESO not my thing I have went from Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim and I will stick with the series not online Elder Scrolls. I just want to hunt down evryone that made those updates about the Redguard rumor and kick them in the baws for getting my hopes up. I think Its time I went to Skyrim on p.c and tried some of those amazing mods :)

Agree im leaving console behind I just feel in this day and age we should have mods on console (maybe I ask for to much lol) but after the no more dlc news there is no positives for me on console anymore.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Agree im leaving console behind I just feel in this day and age we should have mods on console (maybe I ask for to much lol) but after the no more dlc news there is no positives for me on console anymore.
Its not that the technology cant handle the access to mods its just that microsoft and sony like to be able to control exactly what content is avalible and if they had to screen each mod it would be a nightmare for them

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Since this is the only game I've ever really liked, I'll just stick with it, get the DLC's and get copies of the precursors. I won't even bother with anything sci-fi, futuristic or shooter. Maybe I'll go on to some of the other Dragon based ones (Dragon Quest, Dragon whatever...). But Skyrim will take me another 5000 hours to complete, so, maybe I'll finally be tired enough to quit VG's forever at that point.

gangraad

dragonguard
perhaps a stupid question, but can i get the dlc's without having to dl 1.9 aswell?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
perhaps a stupid question, but can i get the dlc's without having to dl 1.9 aswell?
I know there are more knowledgable folk, but I would certainly think so, since they were out before 1.9.

gangraad

dragonguard
I still haven't gotten any of the dlc's so my skyrim days are far from over. Even though there'll be no more dlc's I still think I'll be playing it for years. I still play morrowind now and then.

Wildroses

I don't have any plans. I'm going to keep playing Skyrim the exact same way I played it when DLCs were still coming out.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
With Skyrim being more expansive than any game I've ever owned, I don't think I'll be abandoning it anytime soon.

moonfellmage

I haven't even started, in my case. So I'm not terribly affected by the lack of DLCs since I don't even have them yet ... it is a shame though that there aren't any more.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I alternate between Skyrim and Mass Effect (1-2-3). It's a good arrangement, because once I started getting bored of one, I take a break from it for a a month or 2 and play the other.

I can't really enjoy video games that much, except for these, and Dark Souls.

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
1. Will you migrate to another game?
2. Will you play Skyrim till ESO comes out?
3. Will you be that guy/girl still playing skyrim years after the new console come out?

1. I want to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn when it finally comes out, but I'm not going to migrate away from Skyrim permanently.

2. Yeah. I think I'm going to skip Elder Scrolls Online. Unless FFXIV: ARR is really, really bad, and ESO works with a gamepad. And before anyone cries foul (I've seen this happen many times), I have nothing against the keyboard and mouse; gaming with a keyboard and mouse pretty much destroys my wrists.

3. Yup!

Vex

Master Nightblade
Seeing as how I'm a competitive Call of Duty player, it'll be back to the FPS' tournaments for me. But, as for Skyrim, I don't have any of the DLCs either so I'm far from done with Skyrim anyway. More than likely, I'll give TESO a shot. The thought of taking my all-time favorite RPG series, besides Fallout, and turning it into an MMORPG induces multiple nerdgasms.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
There's so much more you can do past the questlines and DLCs. Skyrim is free roam, take advantage of it. If you get too overpowered, up the difficulty and use weaker items. Or start a new character. Maybe even limit yourself on a character, and set rules for yourself. Perhaps no fast traveling, or straying from your classification (Mage/Thief/Warrior). There are a myriad of options beyond the questlines themselves that can provide endless entertainment if you just have a little creativity.

As for me, I will be playing this game for a long time. I did the same with each Fallout, and previous Elder Scroll game, and Skyrim brings so much more to the table that it will be hard to tear myself away from this game.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I don't enjoy video games that much. Even some of my favorite games (Red Dead, Arkham Asylum/City), I was only able to play once through and only for 1-2 hours at a time, for about 2-3 days a week.

When I play Skyrim for hours at a time, it is something amazing to me how fast it goes by. I remember once, I was playing GTA IV and I kept looking at the clock to see how long I was playing for. I thought I had been playing for 7 hours but nope, it wasn't even 3 hours. With Skyrim, 8 hours pass in 30 minutes. Crazy.

Two Bears

There's so much more you can do past the questlines and DLCs. Skyrim is free roam, take advantage of it. If you get too overpowered, up the difficulty and use weaker items. Or start a new character. Maybe even limit yourself on a character, and set rules for yourself. Perhaps no fast traveling, or straying from your classification (Mage/Thief/Warrior). There are a myriad of options beyond the questlines themselves that can provide endless entertainment if you just have a little creativity.

As for me, I will be playing this game for a long time. I did the same with each Fallout, and previous Elder Scroll game, and Skyrim brings so much more to the table that it will be hard to tear myself away from this game.

Right on. Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles are not games you play for a few months and then shelve. The replay value for these games is counted in years.

Bluebaron

With no more DLC coming for skyrim which is truly disappointing I will move on to other games not to mention other hobbies of mine over the summer months . I also plan on returning to flight simulator on the pc as for my xbox360 that too will eventually be replaced by the next xbox microsoft comes out with this upcoming holiday season . I usually dont have lots of gaming time anyway with my career being in aviation my time off duty is limited.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts