• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aeri Shadow

Dainty Elven Heir
Out of these choices, which NPCs do your prefer? (Like, in my opinion, I like Ulfric more than Tullius, but like Rikke more than Galmar, stuff like that.)

• Ulfric or Tullius
  • Galmar of Rikke
  • Hadvar or Ralof
  • Black-Briars or Silver-Bloods
  • Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood
  • Companions or College of Winterhold
Didn't wanna give you TOO many choices, feel free to improvise. :)

Personally, I pick:

• Ulfric, he has the most epic voice in the history of the entire world, thanks to Vladimir Kulich. And because when I was doing the quest for the Peace council, Tullius was being an ass to me. :D
  • Rikke, she's a kick-ass chick. What's more to say?
  • I'd say Hadvar, Ralof calls me ugly all the time :p
  • Black-Briars, purely because Maven is an epic beast.
  • I like the TG quest more, but the DB characters are my loves. Buuuuut... the TG will have to win.
  • College, mages are epic. :)

Dovakiin98

My favorite from the ones you named are Tullius,Rikke,Hadvar[can you guess which side I support;)],Black-Briars,Dark Brotherhood,and the College of Winterhold.

Xivia4

I like Ulfric's voice more than Tullius but neither one is a favourite of mine.
Rikke
Hadvar
Black-Briars - I like the daughter.
Hard choice but I'll go with the Thieves Guild. Love the DB but the Dark Brotherhood Forever thing being stuck in my quest log is soooo annoying. *Insert jokes about the meaning of forever.*
Companions

EDIT: I change my mind. The DB was a more enjoyable questline for me. I'll go with them instead.

DavidGamut

• Ulfric or Tullius
  • Galmar of Rikke
  • Hadvar or Ralof

I like Ulfric's passion but hate his racism. So I'll go with Tullius

Rikke

Hadvar

Haven't met Silver Bloods (at least I don't remember them). Not a fan of the Black Briar's though. Still can't answer this question yet.

Dark Brotherhood (love them both, but the DB takes the win)

College of Winterhold

Thanks!
David

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
  • I choose Tullius, since he recognizes his duty
  • I choose Galmar, because of his loyalty and pride to home
  • Hadvar, since he seems nicer and more reasonable.
  • Black-Briars, because of their motley members
  • Dark Brotherhood, by a nanomyte, because I enjoy getting paid to kill
  • College of Winterhold, because it's epic and fighting dragons there is fun and I really like magic. :)

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Ulfric, I like the guy ok?
Rikke, She didn't send me on an initiation task that she expected to kill me(*cough* Galmar *cough*)
Ralof, Just personal preference
Black Briars, I always side with the forsworn
Thieves Guild, The DB just didn't live up to what I expecteed
Companions, I just can't get into magic in Skyrim

mokz

I prefer Ulfric over Tullius even if he is a racist
Galmar > Rikke
Hadvar seems nicer than Ralof
Black-Briars for their big influence in businesses, i guess having TG and TDB in your hands makes u scary
Dark Brotherhood....being an assassin is much more fun and rewarding than a thief
Collage of Winterhold just because i don't like the members/story of companions

Aeri Shadow

Dainty Elven Heir

Galmar and Rikke are Ulfric Stormcloak and General Tullius' right hand men (Except.. Rikke's a girl.. o_O). Galmar for the Stormcloaks, Rikke for Imperials. Unless you knew that already. Haha. :)

Aeri Shadow

Dainty Elven Heir
Good Answer! :D

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
  • Ulfric or Tullius
  • Galmar of Rikke
  • Hadvar or Ralof
Ulfric, yes he's a racist, power hungry mug who wants his throne. But Tullius tried to have me put to death... So thats my Choice.

Galmar, such a badass, can do things with an Iron Battle-Axe that most can only dream of.

Ralof, he seems like the kind of bloke who'd back you up in a bar fight and buy you a mead afterwards. Hadvar was okay, a but he seemed down all the time. Ralof seemed more 'Get-up-and-go'. Just my opinion though.

Silver-Bloods, they hate the Thalmor as much as I do. Maven Black-Briar and her brood of Trust-fund turds do not appeal to me. Although Maven was 'Modelled' well.

Dark Brotherhood, I only say this because I have yet to do the Thieves Guild Quests (on my to-do list), I just liked the characters, Cicero, Babbette etc.

Companions, All the way. I've done the College of Winterhold quests, but I found them boring, and Ancano was a right melt. Plus one word... Werewolf ;)

Docta Corvina

My preferences, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who even slightly knows me around this forum. :p
  • Tullius: aside from the fact that I absolutely loathe Ulfric, Tullius has grown on me. He's honorable, focused, brave and duty-bound. He's also a tad aloof, which I actually like and can personally identify with. And he finds respect for a culture he admittedly did not start out understanding. Ulfric is just...well, not one I like. Not even for his voice, honestly.
  • Rikke: she's another character whom I've come to really appreciate with time. I think she reminds me of General Beatrix from Final Fantasy IX, one of my most favorite game characters ever. Rikke is strong, brave, focused, loyal, honorable and kind. And Galmar, well...best not to say. I feel similarly about Galmar the way I feel about Ulfric. Except Galmar is somehow just downright goofy to me. I can't take him seriously.
  • Hadvar: he's a sweetheart, kind and brave. Not to mention funny. I LOVE that. Ralof is cute, but the Stormcloak thing. I just...can't. It could never work. I wish Hadvar was legit marrigeable, without PC magic. Him and Ralof, really. It'd only make sense!
  • Black-Briars: although I really despise Maven's snobbery and constant ridiculous threats to have me or others "dealt with", I gotta say that I prefer her family to the Silver-Bloods. I mean, hell. Sibbi is a Black-Briar, and he cracks me up for all of his skeeviness. Overall though, the Black-Briars just interest me more, especially as such a loyal resident of Riften.
  • Thieves Guild: gotta be my thieves, yo. Initially wary of them, I finally joined them and grew to adore them as my in-game family. We've all seen a lot of craziness go down together and eventually Bryn became my amazing husband. It was written somewhere. It was destiny. :p I may finish the DB one day, but I'm not touching it with my current main character ever - mainly because she already killed 'em. o_O May have to do it with my vampire.
  • College of Winterhold: I don't much love either questline/faction but of the two, I have actually completed the Winterhold one. Tolfdir, Onmund and J'Zargo sorta make up for the lacklusterness of the thing, but not by much. The Companions, though...well, I got too bored to finish the questline. :eek: I'll try it again one day, but it's totally on hiatus til then. Farkas is cute though.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
  • Ulfric or Tullius
  • Galmar or Rikke
  • Hadvar or Ralof

For the most part, left side all the way down, though Hadvar/Ralof is situational.

Ulfric vs. Tullius, Galmar vs. Rikke: Pretty obvious. Rikke is valorous, and definitely deserves Sovngarde, but to the best of my knowledge she doesn't have a line along the lines of "The Empire can shove their treaty into the steaming nether-reaches of my you-know-where!"

Hadvar vs. Ralof: This is situational. Basically, Ralof seems like the more fun to hang around. He's the type I'd down mead with in a tavern and tell stories with. But I'd trust Hadvar more to get me out of a burning city, or to give me financial advice. (That being said, I'm more likely to follow Ralof out of Helgen, but this is largely because Ralof makes the the most RP sense for my Stormcloaks.) Agree Hadvar and Ralof should both be marriable.

Black-Briars vs. Silver-Bloods: This is a toughie. Both families are quite similar - powerful families that support the opposite side in the Civil War as the initial jarl, and become jarl if the city switches sides. Even though as a Stormcloak I should favor the Silver-Bloods, the Black-Briars just seem to me a more compelling and intriguing family, and Maven Black-Briar in particular is a more fascinating character to me than Thonar Silver-Blood.

Thieves Guild vs. Dark Brotherhood: I'd rather be stolen from than killed.

Companions vs. College of Winterhold: Location, location, location. Winterhold is a backwater, whereas I pretty much have to go to Whiterun early on anyway. Admittedly, I'm somewhat biased based on experience - never actually finished the College questline yet, or even watched a let's play that has. On the other hand, Ancano really needs to be defeated.