Your favorite hold, city or location?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

moley25

slayin and searchin!!!!!!!
i havent found many cities,havent been playing long.so far i have to say my favourite city is whiterun just because it has a local drunk that is always wanting me to steal alcohol from the pub,kinda like my home town where at night,the young-uns hang around outside our local shop asking people to buy them booze.it makes me chuckle and as soon as ive got the level to take on the guards,im gunna give him a beat down.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Whiterun, Solitude and Riften.
Whiterun for several reasons - it's the first city I visited and lived in, it's where I met my wife, it was the site of what is now known by me as The Great Guard Massacre, it's got two blacksmiths, and it's got a great hillfort vibe to it.
Solitude because it has, in my opinion, the best house I own, the best range of shops, I live there, it was the first place I became Thane of outside of the story, and it feels the most like a real city (even if it is a bit devoid of people).
Riften because I love the design of the place, as well of the feel of it - the feeling that at any moment a thief could run past, for instance. Also the Thieves Guild are awesome.

Phobos

Its easy to say Whiterun would be my favorite city because of the locality of the blacksmith to the house and the house has a lot of storage space. The best being the apothecary satchel on the alchemy table.

I have come to love Riften far more because of the house having both the enchanting table and alchemy table in the basement. If only it had the satchel on the alchemy table it would be my favorite home.

I also own the house in solitude but i have manly used it for bookshelf storage. Yes, bookshelf storage. ;)

xaraan

I like Whiterun probably the most, but really all of the major cities I like them in their own ways. I'd probably rate it: Whiterun, Riften, Solitude, Windhelm and then Markarth way behind the rest... it's ok, but not much for the city or the people there.

Riften has my favorite hero house though. Not too big, but big enough to have everything in it, exterior exit; still pretty close to the blacksmith and since a couple of my fav characters are big thief types... it's also closest to the guild.

foraoise scath

Fourth World Country
I like either Markarth or Windhelm right now, although it changes often.

I like the decaying, run down, snowbound look of Windhelm. I dislike Jarl Ulfric, but Windhelm is nice, (excluding the Grey Quarter), even it is not in great condition. It's just so ancient and imposing, and the castle is literally right there, above the whole city. I also like the thin, confusing passages. It also doesn't hurt that it's the nicest house (in my opinion). The racism/stormcloak influence bugs me though.

Ever since I woke up in Markarth's temple, it's been one of my favorites. The high, craggy spires and the mountains surrounding the city. The reach in itself is really beautiful, I love the waterfalls and all that. My favorite used to be Riften, but it got old really fast. Also I don't like how un-defensible it is. Markarth and Windhelm could easily be defended against a siege. Easier, atleast.

EDIT : Actually I also really like Falkreath. The whole forest setting reminds me a bit of Chorrol, except damp and wet and without walls. I like the wilderness theme, the only thing I don't like is how you can't get a home without Hearthfire.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
The mountain trail that leaves Ivarstead by the back way. There's a fallen log across the canyon by a huge Yosemite size waterfall. Reminds me of the high Sierra Nevada mountains. It's almost like being on the John Muir trail.

Lisa

Lisa
I find Blackreach really beautiful.. The city nestled in among the glowing mushrooms and the ominous blue pools. It's just a very magical place.
As for somewhere you visit often, Riften is probably my favourite city. The wooden bridges and the sounds of the ocean when you're walking around is all very alluring. It's also a pretty good area for shops. The surrounding lakes and the bustling atmosphere feels like a quaint little seaside town down the west :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts