Your favorite assassin/thief race

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
A simple enough topic I guess. Just post which race you prefer when playing a thief/assassin type character, and why.

I can't say for sure yet. I just started playing Skyrim, and currently my only assassin is an Argonian. I picked said race because I liked the +10 to lockpicking, not forgetting the skill boosts to sneak, pickpocket and light armor. Although the lack of bonuses in archery, one-handed and alchemy do hurt a little. Perhaps a Khajiit for my next one?

Anyway, share your thoughts on the subject. If you prefer some unorthodox race for an assassin (I mean one which doesn't get bonuses to the classic sneaky skills), post your reasons. Role-playing? Aesthetics?

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The best Assassins in Skyrim would be the nords. An assassin's job is to blend in, to go unseen and find their target. A nord in Skyrim is a grain of sand on the beach. A faceless man in the crowd with a dagger behind his back.

An argonian, khajiit or elf sticks out like a sore thumb, and would be the subject of suspicion just based on what they are.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The best Assassins in Skyrim would be the nords. An assassin's job is to blend in, to go unseen and find their target. A nord in Skyrim is a grain of sand on the beach. A faceless man in the crowd with a dagger behind his back.

An argonian, khajiit or elf sticks out like a sore thumb, and would be the subject of suspicion just based on what they are.

But, that's really only for role-playing purposes. Any race can be an Assassin, if you know how to make the build.

Altmer. They run the fastest, have the longest reach, and lots of Magicka for support spells, like Detect Life, Muffle, Invisibility, and Bound Weapons. Of course, I use them for everthing now, because I got used to their running speed. My "assassin" character is a Nord, but I mostly picked that because of how wrong it is, with 2handed, and so forth.