• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm also a big fan of the TG set, purely for looks. It's the one I can see myself wearing, even more than the Nightengale set. Improved versions like the Guildmaster's, or Linwe's are even better.

I always thought it looked retarded, personally. Iron, and hide? And that helmet looks dorky. Always thought he should have a Beard, too.

Inkriidal

I love my dragonscale armor, boots, gauntlets, and a Krosis mask on top. Total armor rating of about 920, weighs a bit over 20 lbs.

You know, anything over about the 567 Armor Cap doesn't add any more protection, right? Not that there's such a thing as too much armor, but you can waste a lot of time, and effort smithing it beyond that.

nacman99

heavy:ebony plate.

light:nightingale

mage:archmages

and the worst one is.......daedric.i know is actually the best, but it just looks stupid :p

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I'm a huge fan of the ebony and steel plate armor sets and steel isn't terrible either, and every female character should wear the saviors hide with boots and gauntlets of the old gods. My favorite however is actually fur, I just think it's much more realistic considering most of my characters are hunter types.

Valyn

IMO, it's dumb looking. Good protection, looks like it was drawn by a 2yo with a black, and red crayon who couldn't stay in the lines. Also Immersion Destroying, I can't believe anyone would actually fight in something as likely to stab them as anyone else. Have any of you ever actually fought in Heavy Armor? The skill doesn't protect you better, it lets you fight less like you've got a potbellied stove on IRL.
Just because someone has a different opinion than doesn't mean you should get all mad. I personally like Daedric Armor, but my favorite armor is Steel plate armor.

lonewolf

and the worst one is.......daedric.i know is actually the best, but it just looks stupid :p
So true i cant stand the look of it, unless i was playing some sorta demon or death knight i couldnt wear it

Just because someone has a different opinion than doesn't mean you should get all mad. I personally like Daedric Armor, but my favorite armor is Steel plate armor.
I'm not mad, I just Reaaaally don't like Daedric. Sorry about that.

My character usually wears a combination of ebony mail with ebony boots and gauntlets. I also like to wear dragonscale armor and ancient nord armor.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
The new vampire armor is pretty cool, I think. But the new armour from the new DLC, the "Ancient Falmer Set" Is pretty awesome. I also like the nightingale armor

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I just made a nice suit of cuffed steel armor, and I think it looks great with my Mage's hood. Really clean, and the cuffed steel armor has fewer clipping issues with the hood than most armors. Perfect for a battlemage.

Nevorak

I keep hearing people talk about the savior's hide for a female follower. I decided to try it out but Lydia wouldn't wear it despite it being better than steel armor. After a while I realized I was and idiot. So, for anyone that want's to equip their followers with more attractive armor the steps are really simple.
1) Dismiss follower
2) Pickpocket followers equipped armor. (Note: Requires Pickpocket level 100)
3) Ask them to follow you
4) Request trade
5) Give armor of your choice
6) Enjoy

I tried this on Lydia and noticed that I had a 9% chance of pickpocketing it and if I added apparel that gave a bonus to pickpocketing it made that 9% decrease. My advice is to save just before so you don't have to wait after being caught and keep trying. I managed it on my second try due to pure luck.

JoeReese

In terms of looks, I think the ebony is the best looking armor. Of course, I don't use heavy armor, so I hover between elven and glass. I like the glass cuirass better than the elven, but the elven boots and gauntlets are better looking and a little lighter. I do not like the elven helmets at all, and the glass makes me look like a sea monster, so I usually end up with either leather or a faction helmet, like Whiterun guards or something. I just don't bother to perk the bonus for matching armor.

In this build, just to save myself a smithing perk, I use all elven except a stormcloak helmet. The cuirass is gilded and the rest is just regular elven. What's up with elven light armor?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I like iron armor, fur armor and the saviours hide, nightingale is pretty cool too for an evil nightblade style character

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts