Your Character Backstories

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member
Hey guys, I've been creating and researching character backstories for a while now, and I was wondering what you guys have come up with for your characters. As you can see from my sig, I have far too many characters, and yet they all have lore-friendly backstories of their own, which I will share with you when I have time.

Feel free to include characters from RPs here or elsewhere, fan-fics, or from playing the game yourself. Also, try to include a picture if you have one!

I know some of you guys are really creative, so I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Believe me when I say the following stories are very condensed. They aren't necessarily stories, but descriptions work well enough for the time being.

Aldaril... Divines, where do I begin with him? He's my time immemorial sort of character. An ex-Thalmor who lusts for revenge after playing host to their treacherous, chauvinistic values firsthand, he's adept with the arcane. He also wields an enchanted sword that incinerates Draugr faster than you can recite their name. Chaotic good/true neutral, in most cases. He has a defined set of morals, but is willing to bend them under certain pretenses.

Marcel's basically your average overly-paranoid, insecure, easily-angered necromancer-knight hybrid. I'd pin him at neutral evil, although he's mainly just a simpering misanthrope. I mean, he isn't necessarily well-liked either, considering he practically usurped the position of Harbinger for his own personal gain.

Branwenn. Ah, Branwenn. She's jack of all trades as far as I'm concerned. An alchemist, bard, wealthy patron, archer, and throat-slitter all the same, there's very little this seductress can't do. Also, female Bosmeri are pretty fluffin' hot. Despite these somewhat... erm, empowering qualities, she's fiercely loyal to the Guild and Brotherhood alike, and acts as their go-between when she isn't wandering the continent. Ergo, she's a chaotic neutral/lawful evil hybrid.

I call Ra'javir Sabin sometimes, merely because he reminds me so much of the aforementioned character from FFVI build-wise. A pious monk who thrives on meditation, martial arts, and skooma binges (though the substance is consider sacred by the Khajiit, so he has a bit of an excuse for being a druggie), this feline can turn men into scratching posts in a matter of seconds, if one ever manages to break apart his nonchalant exterior. Mostly lawful good.

Syerrah only exists because I wanted an excuse to spam shield hax. But as it turns out, she's evolved into a pretty diverse character. She's among the most versatile of my characters, with prowess in frost magic and swordplay alike. And despite having a fairly small frame for a Nord, she could probably out-drink roughly 95% of her kin's population and not even feel a light buzz. Probably neutral good?

All in all, I like covering all the bases when I play my characters.

AS88

Staff member
If these are very condensed, I want to see less condensed

C'mon, at least one! :p

kyleekay

I'd post mine, but you've seen (and helped create) them all, AS88. :p

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Uhm, my character is an orc. WE don't have stories. We're like robots you see. We are grown up and trained in a stronghold and released to fight. That's it. I hate the chiefs, they have like 10 wifes.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Goodness me. I'll offer one, and keep it as short as possible, mainly because writing it all would give me a terrible headache. Quite like Gale actually.

Gale was one of my first characters, and a fellow who happens to survive the forced data purges that occur on my system every so often. He's the son of an unnamed Breton Moth Priest (who evidently forgot his calling and used the Scrolls to woo the ladies). His mother was a young Markarth Nord of low social status, and, after his priest-father committed a passionate hit-and-run, she was left to see to the unborn child alone. Unfortunately, she died in childbirth, only having a brief look at her newborn son before she passed. After this tragic event, Gale was left under the less than loving care of his great-uncle Alastair, a portly gentleman with a lust for wine and a hatred for his nephew.

Alastair proved a challenge for young Gale. Dodging empty wine bottles and enduring drunken slurs became the norm for the ebony-haired boy, and he gradually developed a degree of cynicism a child should not have. And there were the headaches, episodes of intense pain with no known origin. He had often lost consciousness. He began to dabble in magic at the age of six, searching for some way to improve his affairs. He had some natural talent due to his heritage, casting simple illusion spells on rabbits and ravens, healing the cuts and bruises Alastair would inflict. That was only the beginning.

Gale left home more frequently after becoming proficient in healing himself. Caravans were a common sight outside the city walls despite the obvious hazards of traveling through the Forsworn-filled Reach. Peddlers and troubadours galore. Many people had streamed out of Markarth to browse their wares and hear their songs, but it was one particular tent that caught Gale's eye that fateful day. "Wishes granted". A Bosmer, clean-cut and handsome, sat inside, seemingly fine with the lack of interest in his business. He told the wary youth that he knew his heart's desire. That he could make his every wish come true. That the price was easily covered, if he were willing to get his hands mildly dirty.

Gale was willing. And when Alastair's throat was cut and the soul gem filled, the Bosmer gave him what he desired. Gale had realized, much too late, that he had not asked for anything specific. But that did not prevent the elf from speaking the words. That did not prevent the boy's knowledge of magic from expanding, or his hair from going silver, or his eyes from becoming like liquid gold. And the headaches... they only got worse from then on. The Bosmer left then, left Gale there in Markarth, the frightening boy with the bizarre appearance whose fits of pain and lack of magical control left him an outcast. No family save the Moth Priest who was wandering the continent.

Gale wandered as well, unwilling to live at the orphanage in Riften. He became a sellsword when he came of age, lending his magical prowess to the highest bidder. But he never forgot the Bosmer, the man he saw every time he blacked out, nor did he forget his neglectful father. He searched Tamriel, finding clues here and there, but nothing more. Then, at twenty-nine, two decades after it all went wrong, he returned to Skyrim, following a promising lead...

Whew... that's the gist of it. He's a fairly complex person, more of a chaotic neutral antihero than anything. I've included him in a story I've been writing, with only a few minor tweaks to his background.

That was long. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

Smallweakguy

Namless Khajiit- Born and raised in elsweyr he turned to a life of crime, When his family died he was still young and to survive he had to steal the essentials (food, water, ect.) One day as he was about too take some bread from a local stall he saw a golden locket. Never looked back after that day, anything valuable became his if he wanted it. One day the local guards got a tip that he may be the one behind all the robberies and went to investigate. They entered his home and found piles of the stolen goods and when the tried to arrest him his mind went blank with fear and he slit their throats. He had to flee. Everywhere he went from Cyrodil to High rock he became a wanted criminal so he came into Skyrim seeking a new life. as he was crossing the border he ran into a group of soldiers and a general who called him self the "true high king". he camped the night with them hoping to slit their throats and get enough to sell that he could buy food for the oncoming harsh weeks. but they were all attacked that night by Imperial soldiers and taken to helgen. after he escaped he was contacted by the dark brother hood and became a member of the theives guild. he is now the most well respected hero of skyrim...but thats only because nobody knows who he really is.

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
My Bosmer got lost and was asking for directions to the nearest town (tavern). Turns out the folks he asked were some Stormcloak foot soldiers. They got ambushed by the General Tullius's men, and he was charged with treason for conspiring with the enemy.

That's why he never really asks for directions anymore, ans saved his hard earned septims for a Clairvoyance spell book.

This was from the RP thread, but I'll copy and paste it here, so you can get an idea of the personality of my Bosmer character.

Name:Antan
Race: Bosmer
Class: Wanderer (Can shoot arrows fairly well when unrushed, decent with a sword, excellent healer, OK at conjuring Atronachs, likes to barter with merchants)
Looks: Rotund (for a Bosmer), Clean shaven head, Average in appearance (not a heartthrob, not hideous)
Personality:Super friendly, but really lazy and laid-back. Doesn't like drama and trouble. Not highly motivated, but motivated enough to make money to send back to his mum. Not a risk-taker. Abhors challenges, and runs away from tough fights. Likes to bring along friends to adventures. Prefers to engage fights with backup. If given a choice, would rather sit at an inn all day and drink mead. Would like a wife (hence why Skyrim was his choice to wander around in... easy to find a wife... just need an Amulet of Mara), but remembers the part about not liking drama and trouble..

Raiden_Dren

I have a very long story for my character (so dont read if you dont have time)

It all starts in solstheim in the early 2nd era, were a dark, mysterious assassin, born into the way of the blade was betrayed by his best friend sending him to oblivion for all his dark sins, here he made a deal with molag bal. This deal was that the assassin was allowed to return to the mortal realm to seek revenge on his killer, but the price was that he must also take a mysterious black rose into the realm with him, leaving it there for someone to find centuries later. Soon the dark assassin found and tortured his killer beyond pain itself, and then returned to oblivion to live out iternity in fire, whilst leaving the rose in an old ruin.....

Era's later, a young, Dark elf mercenery, named Eon Dren, discovered the rose, he leaned in slowly,confused, having no idea what he was about to cause. The very second he touched the rose, Molag Bal appeared in a blaze of fire to confront him, he simply told eon that he had been chosen by him to use the hidden power of the rose, to start a cult in his name. And so he did, naming this cult the Black Rose.

Eon spend centuries building the foundations of this cult all across tamriel, from the small island of Solstheim, to the large native land of summerset isles. Eon used the rose to become the most darkest and dangerous man in tamriel, leaving nothing but distruction in his path.This path soon lead to a secret war with the early foundations of the thalmor, as their own land was being taken from them by the Black Rose.This secret war lasted centuries without an end in sight, but, in all wars, there are always traitors.One of Eons most trusted guards was giving the thalmor secret info on the cult, leading the thalmor straight to the cults main hideout, leading to one final battle.

Eon was now too weak and old to fight, as he had used the roses power far to much, knowing that the thalmor would be the cults demise, he gave the rose to his most beloved wife, for his unborn heir.Eon then died with the cult that day, with the thalmor erasing all evidence of the cults existence.But Molag was not mad, or flung into rage with Eons failure, he in fact saw it as a victory as he knew that this unborn child would be
his most fierce and deadliest assassin.

Throughout the nine months of Eons child developing the rose started to send dark signals through the mothers stomach into the child, training it for its future even before birth, these signals also started to harm the mother, making her ill before the child was born.Soon the mother went into labour in a local imperial village, and soon died giving birth to the dark child.The rose had corrupted the child both genetically and physically, leaving the child with a black birth crossing his left eye (my characters war paint) and eyes as red as no other dunmer ever had.This dark child was named Raiden, as instructed from his mother to the local doctor before she passed to the void.

Raiden was adopted by a local wood elf hunter named Ebonheart, he knew of Raidens family tree, and made sure to keep him hidden from the thalmor for as long as he can. Raiden was trained by Ebonheart in the art of sneak, blade wielding and hunting.By the time Raiden was 16, he was a master bladesman and archer, as well as being given the special ability to turn invisible once a day by the rose.But ebonheart knew that one day the thalmor would find Raiden and the world Raiden knew would come to a hard, bloody end. And his new one would begin.

One night the thalmor invaded the town burning homes and killing anyone they saw, Ebonheart and Raiden hide in the house as it started to burn from the inside. It was here that raiden was told everything, and was given the black rose to hold for the first time in his life, and a deadric dagger that he was to use when killing his targets to send them to the void for there sins. Raiden took his equipment and was told to flee to meet a woman named astrid in skyrim, Ebonheart died making sure Raiden escaped.

Now with Raiden knowing his history and possessing the rose, he set out for skyrim to meet this 'astrid' and recreate the cult from the ashes that he was left with.....

Aikona040401

My character is the last remaining descendant of a forgotten great house of Morrowind, The House of Mithras. They were the great banking family, and as such were the richest. When the Red Mountain erupted, the House of Mithras were all on their vacation home there. Everyone died, except a baby, Sellvannas. He was sent as an offering to the growing power of the thalmor, and his wealth was taken away, used by the Aldmeri Dominion to pay for the war with the empire. Eventually, he grew tired of the Aldmeri Dominion, so decided to travel to Skyrim, where a major bank was yet to be set up. On his way, he passed a group of agitated 'Stormcloaks'. Sensing an opportunity, he asked them if they needed money, or a loan. The Nords took this as an insult, attacking him, they ran straight into an imperial ambush. The dunmer tried to protest, but when he declared that he was the heir of Mithras, the soldiers laughed it off, as Sellvannas had taken on his mothers bone structure, not his fathers. He was put on a cart, and sent to helgen for execution...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts