• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Just wondering what followers you picked to join The Blades, who you think are the best followers to have as Dragonslayers.

Firstly I picked Cosnach from Markath. Not the world's best fighter but he needed something to do, as his main job wasn't working out for him.

Secondly I picked Mjoll. She's a tough chick who can handle a dragon or two. Plus she seemed to be investigating the Theives Guild, and as Guild-Master I can't have that, but I like her so I don't want her to die, just out of the way.

Finally I picked Marcurio because he's one of the few followers who uses destruction magic, which can be very handy against flying dragons.

I think instead of Cosnach a better choice might have been Faendal, so then you've got archery, melee and magic to use against the dragons.

What three followers do you think kick arse as the Blades team?

Torok

Lydia, because she is a tough warrior. Aela and Feandal because they're archers. Marcurio and Brelyna because they're both mages.

Really, I would never give the Blades the satisfaction of having not even Lydia as a Blade, I want their order to die like most of them already did.

Adam Warlock

Lydia , Illia , and Mjoll .
Assembled my Blades before Season Unending
Parthy lives and I really like The Fire Within meditation he taught me
No Blades quests now but I can kill dragons anytime I want
3 differently skilled followers in same place very convenient

Moonwort

Mjoll (badass), J'zargo and Karjo. If I knew at the time how irritating the blades would turn out to be I wouldn't have sent my favorite followers there, but I am very amused about having 2 kitties on the team.

I don't think I can get anyone to join. I didn't do this quest (or have it) by the time I faced Audlin and chose to let paarthunax live.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Haven't sent anyone yet, mainly due to not wanting to kill Paarthy. I might just find some high elf followers for the Blades to keep though, heh.

ambiiientz

You can do the Blades mini quest (bring 3 followers to Delphine) and let Paarthurnax live. After you bring Esbern to Sky Haven Temple you have a small amount of time to recruit followers for the Blades. It will come up in Delphines dialogue when you talk about the Greybeards/Dragonrend shout.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I always make Erik the Slayer a Blade. He seems so desperate for excitement and adventure, he just needs some help spreading his wings.

Exelex

Aela and Mjoll are a plus. Now... what are some good male followers (yeah, I don't use followers much)?

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
Meh, I've never done the Blades ^_^ I was so excited to do it, and then they wanted me to kill Paarthunax. I guess I should do it sometime, but I just can't bring myself to do it xD

DovahCap

Aela and Mjoll are a plus. Now... what are some good male followers (yeah, I don't use followers much)?

J'zargo. bootifull kittee.

Exelex

J'zargo. bootifull kittee.
He is a good one; I like my Blades to be diverse in race - All are welcome to join regardless of race. I never though about J'zargo though. I'll add him to the blades on my next playthrough where I actually attempt to complete the main storyline.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

Vilkas & Farkas are good warriors, but Marcurio from the Bee and Barb is well worth the 500 septim price tag. He's actually saved my life a few times, about to be smashed by a bandit but then he comes in with his lightning fingers and zaps him!

On a different note, I'm not sensing a lot of love for the Blades. I guess most people don't want to kill Paarthanax, but they kind of have a point about how justice works. I mean if Osama Bin Laden's right hand man decided to help the Americans I think they'd still execute him.

Exelex

Vilkas & Farkas are good warriors, but Marcurio from the Bee and Barb is well worth the 500 septim price tag. He's actually saved my life a few times, about to be smashed by a bandit but then he comes in with his lightning fingers and zaps him!

On a different note, I'm not sensing a lot of love for the Blades. I guess most people don't want to kill Paarthanax, but they kind of have a point about how justice works. I mean if Osama Bin Laden's right hand man decided to help the Americans I think they'd still execute him.
Well, I'm a Greybeard all the way... I even play the Greybeard build, but like some, I screwed up, didn't know that killing Pthurnax was optional, and I killed him without hesitation. *self-facepalm*

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Well, I'm a Greybeard all the way... I even play the Greybeard build, but like some, I screwed up, didn't know that killing Pthurnax was optional, and I killed him without hesitation. *self-facepalm*

I had the opposite problem to you. First time I played I wanted to kill him but he just didn't die, like he was marked as essential. So no Blades for me.
Second time I did manage to kill him though. Kinda felt bad about it, but I think Esbern does have a pretty good point that you can't be excused for your crimes just because you have a change of heart.

Just wondering what followers you picked to join The Blades, who you think are the best followers to have as Dragonslayers.

Firstly I picked Cosnach from Markath. Not the world's best fighter but he needed something to do, as his main job wasn't working out for him.

Secondly I picked Mjoll. She's a tough chick who can handle a dragon or two. Plus she seemed to be investigating the Theives Guild, and as Guild-Master I can't have that, but I like her so I don't want her to die, just out of the way.

Finally I picked Marcurio because he's one of the few followers who uses destruction magic, which can be very handy against flying dragons.

I think instead of Cosnach a better choice might have been Faendal, so then you've got archery, melee and magic to use against the dragons.

What three followers do you think kick arse as the Blades team?

Good call - I used Marcurio, Gaendal and Mjoll for the same reasons you mentioned.

DovahCap

Gaendal. Rofl'd at that genius typo and how one pronounces it.