You know you're addicted when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyTroll

I purchased the score / sound track so I could listen to it quietly at work. (Shhh. I'm in a Library.) Then I find myself humming it and annoying my co-workers.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
-Have spent over 500 hours of your miserable little life playing Skyrim.

-I was riding my horse down the rode (real life, I own horses) and the wind started blowing heavy. Then, the tree made a creaking sound, and I looked over so quickly because I thought it was a Draugr or skeleton. My horse even got uneasy because of how fast I moved. After that happened, I could not believe it. I actually thought a Draugr was over there because I had been playing so long and got accustomed to that sound. That was a very sad moment for me.

When your character starts having your personality that's when I realized I was addicted my character made decisions in ways not meant for him and I realized I was in a way creating a second version of myself I love the Character though with his distant self often avoiding people but it was weird because I wanted to make a Imperial loving warrior and yet I'm a stealthy scout

Caideus

Or when you begin studying 13th century Norse literature, and then using it in a new story. Or when you come up with a new theme song so that you can let your girlfriend know it's play time.

"In the land of Skyrim"

Or find yourself on some skyrim forums website laughing at what has been posted, knowing full well you have experienced everything that's been said, then find some comfort knowing you're not alone

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Skyrim feels like home

LuChao

The Martial artist
you know your addicted when you use the dark Sheogorath quote for senior highschool yearbook quote

Gigapact

Hah I just thought of another that I forgot to put down.

When I finally take a break from playing Skyrim and instead play some Sims and Dragonvale, and somehow end up naming my sims and dragons after Daedric Princes.

My aggressive akita in the sims is named Molag Bal since he likes other sims to submit to him. That sort of thing.

So I even try to take breaks from Skyrim but it never works. Always comes back somehow. I think I have a problem lol.

Gigapact

When u Think.. (i can just kill her then load my save)

Wow so many times in my life, I think, "Well, I can just do that and see how it works out, then if it goes bad, I can reload" and a moment of pure happiness washes over me, but then reality hits and I get sad. Life would be so much better/easier that way. After playing games so long, that thought pops into my head a lot by accident. Hopefully I never act on it impulsively, after all, I was ready to fight an imaginary Drauger when sitting on my poor horse trotting calmly down the road in real life.

LuChao

The Martial artist
you know your addicted when you use the dark Sheogorath quote for senior highschool yearbook quote

the funny thing is my senior year highschool yearbook quote is the same quote as my signature XD

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
When you get home just after midnight (it's 5 past midnight) and you know your alarm will go off at 6:30 for you to get up for work, and you post on here just before going and doing a few small jobs at Heljarchen Hall

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
There must be a word-wall near. I thought I could hear a word-wall... Nope, now it's gone. THERE IT IS AGAIN. It's around here somewhere...

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Making "yo mama's uglier than a horker" jokes with coworkers who have no idea what a horker is, is certainly sign of an addiction.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
There must be a word-wall near. I thought I could hear a word-wall... Nope, now it's gone. THERE IT IS AGAIN. It's around here somewhere...
So did you ever find it?

That drives me nuts when I can't