• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bulldog

I asked a question on a different Skyrim forum and was blasted. So I was looking at people's created characters and noticed a crap ton more girls than guys. Which got me thinking as to why guys seemed to prefer the girl characters more. So I asked the question that apparently gets those guys all butt hurt and defensive "Why do alot of the guys use girl characters". You would have thought their world was coming down. After reading a couple of posts in that thread I basically gave up finding a simple answer.

Anyway, I tried making a girl character just to see and to me it was kind of awkward for some reason. I played Resident Evil when you had to use the girl, and I played Tomb Raider. It didn't take long before I got to Whiterun and vampires came in. They killed off the lady blacksmith, her husband, and Belathor. When i went into the Drunken Huntsman that guy started attacking me so I ended up having to kill him. So alot of the people were dead so I just deleted the game.

Anyway, since I couldn't get an answer. What made you guys to decide to play as female rather than males? I am debatting about a dark elf that will be turned into a Vampire and name her Elfira (instead of Elvira...for those of you that don't know that name or her real name Cassandra Peterson google it).

Yeah yeah...cool story bro.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Im in the same boat as you, I have many Female body mods so I can see why people would want to stare at an attractive character all day and i know it would be better then staring at a sweaty man Hahaha!!

Bulldog

That is true. If I played on a PC and had body mods I might also...lol. I have noticed that alot of guy console players play as girls also. I thought maybe I was just missing something. I understand some probably did it as a change of pace. My wife said with the ability to choose it would be kind of awkward for her to play as a guy when the girl option was available. She did like to call me a sexist though.

I guess I have the mindset of the guy rescuing the princess, not the female warrior rescuing the prince. Though I guess Xena the Warrior princess could or Wonder Woman.

I guess I thinking of the warrior woman type, when in actuality it could be a sneaky archer type. Now that I could see.

TJ0331

Nords forever
I never play as girls. I'm not a girl I'm a guy so I feel like someone I am playing as should reflect me kinda. I try to immerse myself with the person I am playing as and it's hard if I'm a woman.

JClarke1953

I've used a female as an AV for years, even when playing WoW. Oh, and I'll be 60 next month. I cannot imagine why you were given a hard time about your question.

I just prefer watching the female, even though an avatar, a char run, or in action of some kind than a male.

Just as in the Olympics, I prefer watching the female athletes, and their accomplishment. Female heroe's in movies, Aeon Flux, ultraviolet, 5th Element, Salt....you know. When I get further into the game with my Alchemy and Enchant, she'll be wearing Forsworn armor. To me, that's more "sexy" than most of the other armor other than some Vampire armor.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Well my next character build I intend to do a dude, and I don't feel weird about it. To be honest I rarely use third person view anyway.

I don't know why some forums get so uptight about things, I've never seen it here so why is it so difficult to be civil to one another? people need to take a chill pill :)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
speak for yourself, i've had the game for 3 years now and STILL haven't played a female yet, nor do i have any plans to.. the mass majority doesn't always speak for EVERYONE m8. ;)

JClarke1953

Hey, it's just an f'ing game, right? It's not as if those of us who use a gender opposite of our own to play are going Transgender or anything. Who knows, we may have several playing and on the Forums anyhow.

So what's the big deal about who uses what gender in what game? If a male player wanted to have a male in his game, doesn't mean a thing anymore than if he was using a female. Same with female player's, so what if they use a female char, or a male char?

It's their game, their console or PC, no business or worry of mine. And shouldn't be anyone else's from my POV.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Well, we all experiment in Skyrim. ;)

No seriously. I don't prefer one sex over another in games. I tend to just create a character in my head and then decide to play it out. Reading novels that had the narrative from a women's POV helped me get into the right mindset when RPing a female character. But, that's just me. My female character happens to be my favorite one in Skyrim simply because her back story has much more depth than my male. Some stories are best told through a male or female character. Just depends on the story you want to tell with your RP.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I asked a question on a different Skyrim forum and was blasted. So I was looking at people's created characters and noticed a crap ton more girls than guys. Which got me thinking as to why guys seemed to prefer the girl characters more. So I asked the question that apparently gets those guys all butt hurt and defensive "Why do alot of the guys use girl characters". You would have thought their world was coming down. After reading a couple of posts in that thread I basically gave up finding a simple answer.

Anyway, I tried making a girl character just to see and to me it was kind of awkward for some reason. I played Resident Evil when you had to use the girl, and I played Tomb Raider. It didn't take long before I got to Whiterun and vampires came in. They killed off the lady blacksmith, her husband, and Belathor. When i went into the Drunken Huntsman that guy started attacking me so I ended up having to kill him. So alot of the people were dead so I just deleted the game.

Anyway, since I couldn't get an answer. What made you guys to decide to play as female rather than males? I am debatting about a dark elf that will be turned into a Vampire and name her Elfira (instead of Elvira...for those of you that don't know that name or her real name Cassandra Peterson google it).

Yeah yeah...cool story bro.
I agree with you. I think a lot of us like to play female characters because we like to look at them, that was my original motivation, but, I've found, over time that it opens up other RP possiblities as well.

Personally, I like to play mages and vampires as females and warriors as male. I can't really say why, but I'm just more comfortable that way. It's not a sexist thing, I think it just makes my role-play easier. On another note, my heroes are usually male and my evil characters are usually female. ???? Maybe there's something wrong with me...

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
It confuses me when guys use female characters too... while I understand why they choose it, I still feel like it's weird that they play as the opposite sex. I don't like when a game forces me into the male role and there is no female option, while I do manage to deal with it. When an option is given, I always choose female since I am a girl. But, to each their own :p

Daelon DuLac

Of course, you could ask the same question about the race, morality, legality of action, etc... about the games as well.

Honestly, how do I, as a human play an elf? a lizard? a cat? And yet I do.

I know that my motivation is the type of character I play. Having played games for many years, the gender never really mattered to me. Skyrim was the first game where it didn't make a difference in skill dependent on sex. Most that came before may give you the option to play male or female, but there were always limitations and very definate roles for the sexes.

I really appreciate Skyrim for giving me the option to play a kick-a** female warrior or a wimpy, whiny male mage or the other way around.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
The simple answer: I play in third person most of the time, and I like looking at females more than males(except for argonians and orcs *shudders*). I've found that it's a nice change in perspective though since I write character journals. It's a little awkward at first but they get much more interesting and in depth because I really have to think about it. It's eye candy and RP joy!:)

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.
685 hours logged into skyrim and I have yet to play a female character. I've played females in other games, mainly for a change of pace or pure plopss n' giggles. Hell, I even had a female character I loved playing so much, I named my daughter after her.

Back on topic, I dont play females as often because it's simply harder to relate to a female character than a male. I RP all of my characters on at least some level and it's easier to tune in with a 6ft tall lizardman archer than it is to tune into a 5ft tall blonde woman.

I just think most armor looks better on females. Plus I always play in 3rd person. She has to be pretty though. I guess the real reason is just a nice change of pace. Also whenever I play a female character I just can't seem to bring myself to marry a male, always a lesbian...... Is there something wrong with me?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.
I just think most armor looks better on females. Plus I always play in 3rd person. She has to be pretty though. I guess the real reason is just a nice change of pace. Also whenever I play a female character I just can't seem to bring myself to marry a male, always a lesbian...... Is there something wrong with me?

You're secretly a lesbian in a man's body?

Daelon DuLac

You're secretly a lesbian in a man's body?
or vice/versa!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
The way I see it, it's all part of the fantasy and to each their own. I built a female dark elf vampire lord once. It was fun going on a 'scorched earth' campaign with her. That's about the only female I've played on Skyrim. All the rest of my builds are a guy named Mike Honcho.