Spoiler Would you consider Ulfric evil?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KC95

Possibly. He's selfish and power hungry without a doubt, and then there was the incident in The Reach. The real test would be to see how he would behave if crowned High King of Skyrim.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Possibly. He's selfish and power hungry without a doubt, and then there was the incident in The Reach. The real test would be to see how he would behave if crowned High King of Skyrim.

I only judge the man after he becomes High king of Skyrim. Can he legitimately restore the country and regain peace after the war against the A.D or will he mess everything up? We don't know until we get the next DLC or better expansion.

azali100

I only judge the man after he becomes High king of Skyrim. Can he legitimately restore the country and regain peace after the war against the A.D or will he mess everything up? We don't know until we get the next DLC or better expansion.

Nah. You have to judge BEFORE you let him become the high king. The way things are going in Tamriel right now, the consequences of having a bad ruler could be devastating and irreversible.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

I just love how the Stormcloaks plan to march on Summerset Isles, that should make things easier for the Empire to go and collect skyrim again with the Stormcloaks dumb enough to march towards the Thalmor with no real plan or allies. I do not see them being with Hammerfell they don't like many non nords, the Orc's in the strongholds wouldn't help because the Stormcloaks dislike them because their strongholds are "an affront to my people"

In fact the Stormcloaks probably would of just sealed their fate if they march towards the Thalmor, it'd be slaughter.

Raijin

Nah. You have to judge BEFORE you let him become the high king. The way things are going in Tamriel right now, the consequences of having a bad ruler could be devastating and irreversible.

How can Ulfric be classified as being a "Bad" ruler when he hasn't ruled the country yet? In fact judging by his history he did pretty good... especially chasing the forsworn out of Markarth so that Igmund can take over. I don't see the imperial legion doing this so cut the man some slack here :)

I just love how the Stormcloaks plan to march on Summerset Isles, that should make things easier for the Empire to go and collect skyrim again with the Stormcloaks dumb enough to march towards the Thalmor with no real plan or allies. I do not seem them being with Hammerfell they don't like many non nords, the Orc's in the strongholds wouldn't help because the Stormcloaks dislike them because their strongholds are "an affront to my people"

Infact the Stormcloaks probably would of just sealed their fate if they march towards the Thalmor, it'd be slaughter.

Ulfric: "The Empire is weak, obsolete. Look at how far we've come and with so little. When we're done rooting out Imperial influence here at home, then we will take our war to the Aldmeri Dominion."

Ulfric: "Then it is settled. The Jarl will continue to rule Solitude, I will garrison armies here to ward off Imperial attempts to reclaim the city. And in due time, the Moot will meet, and settle the claim to High King once and for all. There is much to do, and I need every able bodied man and woman committed to rebuilding Skyrim. A great darkness is growing, and soon we will be called to fight it, on these shores or abroad. The Aldmeri Dominion may have defeated the Empire, but it has not defeated Skyrim!"

While it's true that Ulfric (if sided with the Stormcloaks) does have plans to take the war to the next step, The Aldmeri Dominion, He does not point out that hes going to flat out ship on over to Summerset Isle. Ulfric isn't that stupid to march over there without a plan.

Only time will tell what route Ulfric is going to take in the future expansion. It would be rather interesting to see.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
How can Ulfric be classified as being a "Bad" ruler when he hasn't ruled the country yet? In fact judging by his history he did pretty good... especially chasing the forsworn out of Markarth so that Igmund can take over. I don't see the imperial legion doing this so cut the man some slack here :)

While it's true that Ulfric (if sided with the Stormcloaks) does have plans to take the war to the next step, The Aldmeri Dominion, He does not point out that hes going to flat out ship on over to Summerset Isle. Ulfric isn't that stupid to march over there without a plan.

Only time will tell what route Ulfric is going to take in the future expansion. It would be rather interesting to see.

Ulfric is a good man somewhat without a doubt, but that doesn't mean he'd make a good High King.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Only bad thing for the Stormcloaks is if the Emperor dies as he was the only thing stopping more Imperial Soldiers coming to Skyrim that is why the IV Legion had to recruit locally, I guess the Emperor didn't want to make it a full on invasion but rather limit the problems common citizens of skyrim would face if the Imperial Navy and a few other Legions joined into that Civil War. Marshal law might come into play, ports would be taken up, skyrim would lose trade due to a blockade of Imperial ships, food would be in demand having to feed the people but also lots of Imperial Soldiers.

Raijin

Ah don't you worry about the other eighteen legions. The Aldmeri Dominion will take care of them when they finally want to take over Tamriel. If they forced the Emperor to sign away peoples rights to worship their own gods... I'm certain that they can take down those spineless legionaries, again.

636278-1322640122.png

The Emperor Titus mede II can no longer help in this because he was just been assassinated by the leading member of the Dark brotherhood.
3801688-1329698741.jpg

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
If the Emperor is dead then what was holding back the entire Imperial Military will be gone, the Emperor was stopping General Tullius from getting more units, with the Emperor assassinated within the borders of Skyrim that could be used as propaganda that Ulfric hired the assassin, no one would know the truth except the person who ordered it unless they too were killed by that assassin, so the Empire could use that to put the hammer down on Skyrim, the Dominion won't fight the Empire yet they plan for hundreds of years ahead not a few decades, the Dominion is being more behind the scenes like the Civil War.

They can't invade they'd risk uniting all the lands again and their two hundred year goal will be ruined.

They needed that Civil war to continue for quite sometime stepping in behind the scenes to aid the Stormcloaks (Yes they aid the stormcloaks indirectly, It's why they're holding back the IV Legion)

The Dominion made Ulfric, they broke him and remade what he is when he was captured by them, he was an asset to them, he may call the Empire slaves to their elven masters, but so was he for a time. Perhaps that is why he is fighting so hard, to hide that he once served them.

Docta Corvina

Really, the Dominion is the Imhotep of Tamriel. In the wise words of Evelyn from The Mummy, it's everybody's problem.

Why I'm on a Mummy movie kick right now, I couldn't tell you...

So basically, if the Legion (which I should reiterate is comprised of Nords as well as Imperials and others) was completely demolished by the AD, everyone better strap themselves in. It ain't gonna be pretty. And no one, except maybe the Thalmor, will have anything to be so smug about.

J

Jeremius

I am going to throw a hypothetical scenario at yo all. For this activity, I want you all to forget what you learned, put yourself inside your character's shoes. Knowing nothing of what is going on except that the one Imperial officer wants to cut your head off, which side you choose?