• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

My vote is for Karita in Dawnstar. Must have been her good looks or something that got her a college degree because her singing is awful !

Neriad13

Premium Member
My vote is for Karita in Dawnstar. Must have been her good looks or something that got her a college degree because her singing is awful !

I agree 100%. I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of her. She doesn't quite sing - she just shouts. No wonder the people of Dawnstar can't sleep well. However, I don't think that she ever trained at the Bards' College. I'm pretty sure I've heard an ambient conversation in which she talks about how she just does it for fun and tips.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Lurbuk in Morthal, mainly since the Dark Brotherhood had to auction off the rights to the contract for his assassination because there were so many people asking them to do it.

Luaffyn in Windhelm is pretty bad, too.

I'm totally heading to Dawnstar next time I play, though, to hear Karita!

XbSuper

Toss up between Lurbuk, and Karita... If I gotta pick one, I'd say Karita I think. They're both pretty awful though, it's a wonder they make any money at all.

RedVideo

His Excellency
I thought they were all supposed to be comically bad until I went to Markarth and heard Ogmund in the Silver-Blood Inn. He's actually pretty good.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Glad I'm not the only one that thought she was frighteningly bad.

ExOxS

Sir Smoove
Can't we just feed them all to trolls? That would make a much lovelier sound!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I've never heard Lurbuk sing, I've only heard him play (which is as good as any other bard's playing, since they all sound the same). So my vote goes to Karita. As someone who studies classical voice technique, I am simply mortified by her voice. She shouts, hoots and hollers, but never at any point does she actually sing.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
I've never heard Lurbuk sing, I've only heard him play (which is as good as any other bard's playing, since they all sound the same). So my vote goes to Karita. As someone who studies classical voice technique, I am simply mortified by her voice. She shouts, hoots and hollers, but never at any point does she actually sing.

I've never actially heard Lurbuk sing either, but that's because everytime i meet him he's too busy choking on the arrow in his throat.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Lurburk....just listen the lycris of one of his awful songs:
"Shadows creep, and... and phantoms leap! A man got... he got scared. And demons dared! To um... visit upon him all which they feared!"

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
"Shadows creep, and... and phantoms leap! A man got... he got scared. And demons dared! To um... visit upon him all which they feared!"

Thank you, i was feeling quite remorseful about making him choke on the previously mentioned arrow. This has reassured me that he did, indeed, have to go...

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Aw, Karita isn't that bad! She's the punk rocker of Skyrim!

As bad as Lurbuk is, I can't help but love him. How can you not with lyrics like those?

Bebop87

ive never actually stayed in the tavern long enough to hear her until today, years of playing and i never heard her voice .. i actually found this forum because i googled to see if she was some easter egg joke, i went to request a song and one option says 'can you take a break' and i snort laughed bc i honestly thought she was something the developers made for a joke.. this is great! she is pretty bad, though i do like her take of Ragnar the red. hahahaha

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I love it when Karita sings Ragnar the Red.

I scream, "YEAAAAH!" at the end after...:

"And the braggart named Ragnar was boastful no morrrrrraaaaah, when his ugly red head rolled around on the flooooor!"

Sounds like she's at a heavy metal rocker concert XD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts