Working on an unarmed character.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Whiech shield should I use?

• Total voters

Beowwulf

Hello I'm making an unarmed character with khajiit race. I've made an ideal perk tree.
http://skyrimcalculator.com/357974

And I've got an ideal armor set. Enchantments aren't defined but you can probably guess that fortify unarmed will be on anything that it can be on. Also I'm going to see if it's possible to break the 68 max damage of unarmed using the necromage perk.

I've never played on master and this isn't intended for it however I've gotten to level 27 with no problems following the perk tree. Still under halfway done though. He'll have locket of saints at least in his inventory for when he needs it. I haven't decided between Spellbreaker, Shield of Solitude or Auriel's shield. Kinda leaning towards Auriel's shield because I want to see if I can max out his magic resistance at 85% (For vampire weakness plus general tank.)

Haven't even become a vampire let alone a vampire lord so I don't know if necromage or any vampire lord perks translate into normal human (Or cat) form. If they do though:eek:

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Really, really interesting build! It sounds like a lot of fun.

I went with Daedric shield because if you're going to be using your enchanting anyway, you're going to be able to double enchant the shield and put whatever you want on it. It just makes sense.

Auriel's Shield is kind of lame, I think. Plus, if you used it charged it breaks the rules of a brawl. So, if you want legitimacy I would discount it.

Spellbreaker would be good...but I think the Daedric shield is more flexible.

Shield of Solitude was my second choice. I think it's really useful. Also, I don't think it looks lame at all! I think the Solitude guards are the best dressed of all the guards! I just need to make a super pro-Empire character who wants to run around using the shield or something. Then again, my username is "Hildolfr" which means "battle-wolf" in Old Norse and I have a personal preference for red... lol ;)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that yeah, Necromage carries over into human/feline form. So do some of the other vampire stuff. I don't know specifics, but I do know that necromage does. You're the walking dead and spells get a bonus against the dead.

Twiffle

I play this alot, usually when i need just a fun thrash build, one tip i can give you is put some perks into destruction and get flame cloak, it dishes out extra damage while in combat, seeing as you are up close and personal

Edit, , , you will prob only need 3 destruction perks at max.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
You can far surpass the 68 damage max. The restoration potion exploit allows you to take the damage as high as you want. Just a thought. If you don't want to use the exploit, just plain old alchemy with fortify alchemy clothes can be extremely potent.

JoeReese

Hello I'm making an unarmed character with khajiit race. I've made an ideal perk tree.

And I've got an ideal armor set. Enchantments aren't defined but you can probably guess that fortify unarmed will be on anything that it can be on. Also I'm going to see if it's possible to break the 68 max damage of unarmed using the necromage perk.

I've never played on master and this isn't intended for it however I've gotten to level 27 with no problems following the perk tree. Still under halfway done though. He'll have locket of saints at least in his inventory for when he needs it. I haven't decided between Spellbreaker, Shield of Solitude or Auriel's shield. Kinda leaning towards Auriel's shield because I want to see if I can max out his magic resistance at 85% (For vampire weakness plus general tank.)

Haven't even become a vampire let alone a vampire lord so I don't know if necromage or any vampire lord perks translate into normal human (Or cat) form. If they do though:eek:
If nobody's mentioned this yet, the Gloves of the Pugilist are available in the ratway. They add a percentage to your unarmed damage, as will your fists of steel perk. Disenchant them and put the enchantment on other things, and you've got fists of steel acting on your gauntlets, the pugilist enchantment, and your khajiit claws at once. If your killing blow is with "fists" on the last enemy (last red dot) you should get a pretty sweet cinematic or two.

Beowwulf

If nobody's mentioned this yet, the Gloves of the Pugilist are available in the ratway. They add a percentage to your unarmed damage, as will your fists of steel perk. Disenchant them and put the enchantment on other things, and you've got fists of steel acting on your gauntlets, the pugilist enchantment, and your khajiit claws at once. If your killing blow is with "fists" on the last enemy (last red dot) you should get a pretty sweet cinematic or two.

Oh I love the cinematics. And yea I literally went to riften before I went to bleakfalls barrow.

Beowwulf

Update-recently punched out an elder dragon. didn't even use that many potions. Still had to hide forever till it landed. This was on adept.