Windhelm house is awesome!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Admiral Snackbar

it's a...well, you know.
I like the house, however...

After paying for the upgrades, not a single chest. I found that strange. Also, one room in the house is completely empty. Is this just a glitch?

Tairii

After doing that one quest that involves that house, I was always terrified to live in it. It is a beautiful house with a lot of space, and I actually prefer it to the one in solitude; however, remembering that quest, I just get the chills. >.<

I like the house, however...

After paying for the upgrades, not a single chest. I found that strange. Also, one room in the house is completely empty. Is this just a glitch?
I know right? I frequently forget where my gem cache is when I don't play for a while. Then, while putting some cups I stole form my neighbors away, I randomly find 75 pounds of silver, gold and gems.

Xivia4

I hate Windhelm. The entire design of the houses is such a waste of space. I mean they're big and open for no reason. I could have built two more houses to Clan Shatter-Shield's one.

Heirem won't be my city. It creeps me out to live in the city where a mass murderer was.
Well hell if that's the case then the Dragonborn shouldn't be allowed into any city. Especially those who joined the DB. :p

Why would anyone build a city that mimics a maze? Not to mention that I have to either walk up to the Jarl's palace or walk through the cemetary to get to my house.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
I love Windhelm! A bit snowy, but the house is so cool!

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
In all honesty I live in the Windhelm house in order to better commute to my place of work (the Windhelm smithing station) but I find it very empty. I also don't like how hidden the enchanter and alchemy lab are, i mean some can like this but I just feel like a simple door to the enchanter and lab would suffice and look a lot less shady.

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
IMO id rank the 5 major cities Whiterun, Solitude, Riften, Markarth, Windhelm

Now for houses, Honeyside, Vindrel Hall, Hjerim, Proudspire, and Breezehome

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I know an exploitable bug that lets me get houses for free. :)
Proudspire is the best in my opinion. Hjerim has a secret room though, so it comes in second.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I agree with him ^^

Why waste money? save it for Proudspire manor, I was a stormie and I bought a house in Solitude, no big deal

stormblade

actually solitude has terrible living conditions for the housecarl, full y upgraded, the housecarls room is a bed roll in an empty room, if you fully upgrade hjerim, the housecarl gets a small room with a cabinet and a bed

buggegirl99

i always get lost in windhelm, so confusing!!!!!! >_<

sticky runes

yeah, Windhelm is depressing. It took them how long to move that woman's body in the cemetery? Too many walls getting in the way.

Riften is my favourite hold, because it's compact, you can't get lost, and its got a mix of crooks and charitable do-gooders - you've got Mara's bible-bashers on one side of the town and shady skomma dealers in the other (not to mention the Thieves' Guild). Oh, and its the only place you can have a garden! and you get thieves in the night, who get killed off by guards, who don't mind taking any wares that they've stolen!

Only thing I don't like about Riften is there's never a smelter around when you need one :sadface:

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Windhelm is probably the truest representation of how a Nordic medieval city would look like. It is surely depressing, but that's actually why I like it. Skyrim isn't supposed to be a tropical paradise, so I'd expect the people to live in a depressing, snowy, grey stone city. And the Palace of the Kings is amazing.

I never get anywhere near Hjerim though, I'd rather stay at the Candlehearth inn than sleep there. I have bad memories of investigating the murders, creeping around seeing the odd blood stain, opening up the secret door to find the chamber where he performed the rituals.

I usually live in Whiterun because it's dead in the centre of Skyrim, and since the dragonborn's job involved him travelling all over Skyrim many times, it's a good choice.

sticky runes

well, you do get to clean up the mess in Hjerim and redecorate, but it still has a kind of spooky mansion look about it after full refurbishment, so if you're into the vampy stuff and doing all the assassin missions, you might feel right at home in that place!

A lot of people have mentioned how Hjerim freaked them out when they first went there. I think what did it most for me was that stark light glaring through the windows, making your shadow look creepy when you walked past, and the fog giving it a chilly atmosphere. It was very cleverly done!

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
I love windhelm :0 & I also love the house. Although, I have an annoying glitch that Even though I've completed the blood on the ice quest and bought the house and all it's decor, I've still got that creepy bone filled alter room in the back.. It's so creepy. :sadface:

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
actually solitude has terrible living conditions for the housecarl, full y upgraded, the housecarls room is a bed roll in an empty room, if you fully upgrade hjerim, the housecarl gets a small room with a cabinet and a bed
My housecarl from Proudspire is an icy hedgehog I killed her with icy spears and they haven't faded. So whenever I feel down I head on over to Proudspire manor and look at the hilarious corpse in the servant's quarters.

sticky runes

I love windhelm :0 & I also love the house. Although, I have an annoying glitch that Even though I've completed the blood on the ice quest and bought the house and all it's decor, I've still got that creepy bone filled alter room in the back.. It's so creepy. :sadface:
Eww... One of my glitches is in the Palace of Kings with my Imperial character. I went back to the throne room, with all the jarls sitting around the table muttering curses at me, and in the corner by the entrance to the jarl's quarters I found Ulfric and Galmar's bodies where they were killed, and the steward kept kneeling down and saying "oh no, what happened!" So, I did what any respectable Imperial she-elf would do, and stripped all their armour off and left them lying next to eachother in their loin cloths.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
Eww... One of my glitches is in the Palace of Kings with my Imperial character. I went back to the throne room, with all the jarls sitting around the table muttering curses at me, and in the corner by the entrance to the jarl's quarters I found Ulfric and Galmar's bodies where they were killed, and the steward kept kneeling down and saying "oh no, what happened!" So, I did what any respectable Imperial she-elf would do, and stripped all their armour off and left them lying next to eachother in their loin cloths.
Haha! I also did this! It was super awkward! I hid them both in the kitchens, though, there's only so much of ulfrics dead naked body I can take. :O

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Haha! I also did this! It was super awkward! I hid them both in the kitchens, though, there's only so much of ulfrics dead naked body I can take. :O

I put them on the table naked, felt bad, tried to give their corpses clothes, and moved them to a sitting position in the corner.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts