Will Dark Brotherhood be in ES6?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Speech500

As you may know, the Dark brotherhood has fallen on hard times and there is only one sanctuary in all of Tamriel. This continues on to the end of the game, If in "Friends like these" You kill one of the Hostages.

If you kill astrid, it leads to a quest line where you wipe out the remains of the organisation forever. in this scenario, the Dark brotherhood is completely destroyed. Does this mean there is a chance there will be no Dark brotherhood in Elder scrolls 6?

IdealistBear

While it's possible to wipe them out, I feel like the developers intentionally made it a somewhat obscure option that yields minimal benefits. It seems like the game wants players to go through the main quest line and build the Dark Brotherhood back to power. I suspect very few players overall will choose to destroy the Dark Brotherhood. Especially if they don't read about the game on the internet. So it's perfectly justifiable to bring them back in ES6.

I hope they bring them back, anyway. They were my favorite part of Skyrim.

Speech500

Well while it is a small possibility, i think it is because astrid is just like any npc and instead of you just killing her and that being that, it actually has some followthrough.

Bethseda and no player can argue that The dark Brotherhood questlines Give results, and in a business like this, that is all the companies want.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
I think it will return. Some people may have wiped out the dark brotherhood.
I mean you could wipe out the dark brotherhood. But wherever they go next there might be a sanctuary that the dark brotherhood didn't and long lost members of the dark brother hood.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
Yes.

KANE OG

We have a new Sanctuary, and I am now the leader. Me and the dead chick will see you in TES 6.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
FYI the loading screen says Bretons have 50% magicka resistance, when they have 25% magicka resistance, so yes the loading screens do contain errors.

EDIT: Wow completely spaced on what thread I was responding to. Yes the DB SHOULD BE BACK IN ES6! Otherwise, where is my wood elf going to go?

J'Sabbah

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't played thru the version were you destroy the DB, but even if as you say you kill them all surely you haven't killed the undead Night Mother and whoever is to become the next Listener

Speech500

You are to become the next listener you doink.

I am not sure if you have to kill cicero..... I am also unsure as to weather you destroy the whole place, i mean you are given the quest by the legion after you tell them you killed astrid so they could go there later on and bring the place to rubble

J'Sabbah

Are you calling me a doink? I think you misunderstand me. I mean if you (your character) chooses to destroy the DB that means you can't become the next Listener. Which means someone else has to.