• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grelod The Kind

Stories about lost in-game progress go here~

So I spawned a skeever or something via cheats in the middle of Whiterun to train Conjuration on via soul trap (I just happened to be in Whiterun at the moment). So, I got about 5 levels in (75-80). I didn't bother saving at any point. Next thing I know, Brenuin wanders in front of me just as I'm about to cast soul trap again. So, I accidentally cast soul trap on Brenuin - which counts as assault. And then my follower accidentally kills him. Murder. So, 1000 gold or so - not too big a burden and about the same cost as 5 levels of conjuration training anyway. However, a few of my weapons are for some reason marked as stolen (possibly an in-game glitch). So those were confiscated. Tons of money, tons of work getting those down the drain.

So I had to reload... back to level 75. Sigh.

Xarnac

Well, if your cheating, then you may as well just use console command advskill to raise it back. A whole lot faster than spamming spells.

Grelod The Kind

But that takes the fun out of it and it takes the effort out of it.

When you reach level 100 via skilling, you'll feel more satisfied than if you reach level 100 via advskill. It's more honest, I guess. But still cheating.

Anyways, 5 levels only takes like 5 minutes of in real life work.

Xarnac

What fun or effort is there in spawning things with cheats, then spamming a spell for hours on in?

But what I'm saying, is just get back what you lost. If you would have lost legit levels you earned the hard way, I'm sure you would instantly have used advskill, no?

I know I would have, I would be pissed losing that many levels legitly.

Grelod The Kind

Ah, I see.

But my point in spawning skeevers or whatever is because it would take like two minutes in doing the same honestly; I'd have to wander around outside of town until I got some kind of bandit or found some kind of deer or wolf or something.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I learned to save about every ten minutes after my first week of playing, when my XBOX would freeze five times a day, causing me to lose loads of progress. After the patch that fixed the freezing issue, I kept up my frequent saving habit. Yesterday, I saved my 2000th game file (not including autosaves).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts