PC Why is Skyrim still 60 Dollars?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
It's just a royal pain in the ass. I mean, I even bought a new computer for gaming, originally for Sky, but as I realized how much I needed to pay for my super-nice computer, I hoped that my favorite game would drop in price. I was wrong. I waited two more months. I got bored of Skyrim. I no longer wanted to play it.

So, I ask you users, do you think Skyrim is still worth 60 dollars?

BONUS QUESTION:

Any suggestions for other games?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I think it turns a year old on the 11th and may drop after that.

I, however couldn't wait!

SprSynJn

Yes, it very well is worth the money. I've had it since July, and I still play it. Haven't finished it mind you, but I still enjoy the hell out of it when I boot it up. This is on the PlayStation 3 too. There are few games that I will say are worth the full price of admission, now that I think about it, but this game is one of them. Battlefield 3 is another that comes to mind.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
It's because people are still consistently buying it. When retailers drop the price of a game it's usually because sales numbers have dropped, but because Skyrim is such a well received and popular game sales would still be high enough for retailers to think that there is no need to lower prices.

Haru

As a gamer who also happens to be a major cheapskate, I must say that I think Skyrim is well worth 60 dollars, although, we actually got our copy used at GameStop for 40. (Say what you like about used games, they're cheaper. I personally have never brought home a pre-owned game that didn't run just fine but one time in my whole life.) Had it been 60, I might have thought that was too much at the time, but after playing it, I can definitely say I would happily fork over 60 if need be.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Skyrim is one of those rare games that is well worth the 60 dollar price tag. The amount of hours of playtime I got out of it far exceeds the price paid for it.

daTomoT

I am the Listener..of your screams.
Definitely still worth the original money. It's still as good as it ever was, still holds GOTY, hasn't been notably outstripped by any contenders. Skyrim still holds a big piece in the games people are playing right now, and mods are keeping it alive in a way that a game hasn't really been kept on ever before.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
It's because people are still consistently buying it. When retailers drop the price of a game it's usually because sales numbers have dropped, but because Skyrim is such a well received and popular game sales would still be high enough for retailers to think that there is no need to lower prices.

So the question becomes "Who doesn't already have it?"

Niq

I just can't believe you have statrted this thread... on a Skyrim forum!
its OBVIOUS the feedback you were going to receive!

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
The three Gamestop's I have visited have it for 30€ o_O

I just can't believe you have statrted this thread... on a Skyrim forum!
its OBVIOUS the feedback you were going to receive!
I've been on the forums for a while, if my 750+ posts wasn't enough of an indicator.

Besides, I've learned what I wanted to know.

Niq

I've been on the forums for a while, if my 750+ posts wasn't enough of an indicator.

Besides, I've learned what I wanted to know.
-yea You wanted to know why Skyrim was still 60 dollars and everyone has said its not still 60 dollars....

Niq

i was refering to your slightly negative comments -
I got bored of Skyrim. I no longer wanted to play it.
- i mean its fine if you find it boring or no longer wanted to play it, i was just confused at why you would start a thread just to say so, here on a skyrim forum.

i was refering to your slightly negative comments -
- i mean its fine if you find it boring or no longer wanted to play it, i was just confused at why you would start a thread just to say so, here on a skyrim forum.
Look, if you want to argue my motives, feel free, but don't insult me. I got bored. Seeing as how new of a member you are, I don't expect you to know about the "Why Skyrim Sucks" thread. That is a thread that deserves your

confused at why you would start a thread just to say so, here on a skyrim forum.

I wanted to know if others agreed or disagreed with me. I started it to learn more, and I learned that Skyrim is on sale for about 35 dollars. This is interesting. This is somthing I did not know. That is why I made the thread.

By the way, learn to use the reply and edit buttons.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I both agree and disagree with you on this.

Honestly, if I had to buy Skyrim with a 100 dollar price tag I really wouldn't feel ripped off considering how much playability this game has. That being said, I don't think any year-old game should still be the same price as many games coming out right now, but that is just business. The game has probably been selling consistently for the past 8 months so why would they lower it? They only lower the price tag by how much it decreases in sales.

Oh btw, you said you waited for it go down for two months? I think just last month actually there was a Elder Scrolls pack on steam which included Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim + all DLCS for the games for only 39.99. Kinda missed out, eh? =P

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I think Skyrim alone is worth 60 dollars, but the DLC (Dawnguard and Dragonborn) are crazily overpriced.

And what types of games are you into? I'd highly recommend Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Gonzocyn

Orc Warrior-Dragon Slayer
I have over 450 hours playtime in Skyrim and I'm a level 73 battlemage. There simply isn't a better game out there! The only reason I haven't been playing is because for some reason my game keeps freezing and haven't been able to figure out why. I was lucky enough to buy it on sale for forty dollars brand new but would have definitely paid sixty. I've tried to play other games like Witcher 2, borderlands etc but nothing comes close to Skyrim!

I both agree and disagree with you on this.

Honestly, if I had to buy Skyrim with a 100 dollar price tag I really wouldn't feel ripped off considering how much playability this game has. That being said, I don't think any year-old game should still be the same price as many games coming out right now, but that is just business. The game has probably been selling consistently for the past 8 months so why would they lower it? They only lower the price tag by how much it decreases in sales.

Oh btw, you said you waited for it go down for two months? I think just last month actually there was a Elder Scrolls pack on steam which included Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim + all DLCS for the games for only 39.99. Kinda missed out, eh? =P
Yeah, I was still using a nongaming computer. I bought Fallout 3 to really gauge my old PCs power though. It was not enough.

Besides, my budget exploded from 600 to over 1000.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts