Quest Why does all of Whiterun want to kill me?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyTroll

I came back from the Silent Moons Bandit Camp, and stashed some stuff at Jorrvaskr. Then I sold some stuff and went to Dragons reach to collect my bounty on the Bandits. The whole court attacked me and Lydia. The Jarl and that Bitchy elf of his, The Steward, everyone. I couldnt escape and kept getting killed. WHy is this happening now? arrgh! Just when it seems like Im making some headway! I had no weapons drawn. I tried to yield, but they just kill me. If anyone can enlighten me Id be most obliged.

Troll :pinkdragon:

xsneakyxsimx

I've had this. Do you have any bounty on yourself? If not, while there, give yourself a bounty, then sheath your weapon. You should then get the dialogue options.

Mannulus

Article Writer
You may of done a criminal action beforehand, possibly while on your way to and fro the camp. Check your stats screen and see if you got any bounty of any kind and if you have vampirism or not.

Caststarman

Mannulus is correct.

There are a few reasons why they would attack you.

One that was not added by the Brony/Pegasister is that it could also be a glitch.

Mannulus

Article Writer
If you have some money/magicka, find yourself a Area of Effect Calm Spell. Launch that sucker right when they surround you. ;)

^ This is the best way to fix issues like that. I once had the book keeper in the Arcaneum try to kill me with angry Atronachs. So I used this spell and was cool.

HappyTroll

I killed a fugitive. Did Silent Moons, and killed a Dragon! I considerd going back to a previous save but Id lose most of that.

HappyTroll

Ok I can't tell if I currently have a bounty. My journal says I've had (have)? 2. But I may have found part of the problem. I went back to a previous save and checked, it said the same thing. So I re-did Silent Moons. I rode back... We come traipsing into the Bannered Mare to lots of shouting. Lydia, (thanks B!tch) runs in with Sword blazing. I take off. Ride around, kill some wolves etc. She doesnt follow me. ok cool... come back to the BM and shes standing there all contrite, and the corpse of Uthgerd the Unbroken is DOA. uhh...

So I'm betting that I have a price on my head NOW! I haven't gone to the Castle yet to collect the freaking Bounty because that Housecarl elf chick hates me too. Im sure they will try to kill me again.

This of course since I'm an idiot Noob, leads to yet another question... if you kill someone accidentally before you are supposed to have a related quest with them does it mess up the game? I rarely kill anyone except for bandits or outright aggressors. But I have stumbled ito some places and been attacked by people who are mentioned in later quests. And of course, its kill or be killed...

Caius

Dovahkiin; Vampire Lord
Ok I can't tell if I currently have a bounty. My journal says I've had (have)? 2. But I may have found part of the problem. I went back to a previous save and checked, it said the same thing. So I re-did Silent Moons. I rode back... We come traipsing into the Bannered Mare to lots of shouting. Lydia, (thanks B!tch) runs in with Sword blazing. I take off. Ride around, kill some wolves etc. She doesnt follow me. ok cool... come back to the BM and shes standing there all contrite, and the corpse of Uthgerd the Unbroken is DOA. uhh...

So I'm betting that I have a price on my head NOW! I haven't gone to the Castle yet to collect the freaking Bounty because that Housecarl elf chick hates me too. Im sure they will try to kill me again.

This of course since I'm an idiot Noob, leads to yet another question... if you kill someone accidentally before you are supposed to have a related quest with them does it mess up the game? I rarely kill anyone except for bandits or outright aggressors. But I have stumbled ito some places and been attacked by people who are mentioned in later quests. And of course, its kill or be killed...

On your stats page it will have like The Pale Bounty, Hjallmarch, The Rift, etc and have like 1000 or numerical values beside them so if you have any of that on your crimes section, or if not like do as xsneakyxsimx said. If you can also a good idea is what Mannulus said and buy that spell and use it on them when they surround you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts