Why are there even dragon preist masks?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anonylulz

Near as I can tell the only purpose they serve is to screw up your armor bonuses. Not only do they not count as a specific sort of armor so you miss out on a matching set bonus, but you also screw yourself over as a mage because they are -classed- as armor and negate mage armor bonuses.

Additionally, I just started switching from all magic to training light armor in the 40's and I figure hey, now I can finally use Morokei for a little while. NOPE. Even though my nightingale armor (without the hood) shows 76(+22) when I equip it the armor rating shoots up to over 120. But with Morkoei it's just 82. I haven't even increased my light armor skill enough to -buy- matching set yet, why is this happening?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
There are some nice bonuses that you get with the Dragon Priest Masks, 2 of my favourite Masks are Krosis: 20% bonus in Lockpicking, Archery & Alchemy and the other favourite Mask is Volsung: Prices are 20% better and you can breathe underwater.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
I think the masks should scale to your preferred armor type based on perks or be cloth. Its true the forced light\heavy is kind of stupid especially when masks with spell casting enchants are heavy armor.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
if you go to the labyrinth on the snow mountain there is a mask in there, if you put that one on it takes you back to when the room your in was a worship spot and you can take the mask that you collected and can activate each priest statue according to the masks you have i dont know what it will ultimately do but im excited to find out so DONT SELL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonylulz

I sold Krosis on accident already. I doubt they do anything that's going to remedy my issue with them as gameplay elements so I'm not too worried.

cludo95

I sold Krosis on accident already. I doubt they do anything that's going to remedy my issue with them as gameplay elements so I'm not too worried.

i know what finding all the masks does and its pretty cool but it favours heavy armour bonuses

Icy Seeker

I to was annoyed (had invested in cloth (mage armor perk). I was all hyped for the cool mask. :mad:

KrazyLizard

*Spoiler*

Collect all 8 Masks to receive the ultimate, unknown 9th Mask. I have not completed the collection myself, and I am looking forward to doing so soon..

jam

Well, you get an addition bonus for wearing all nightingale armor,.

SPOILER

I don't actually use them, but I do think they're pretty cool to collect. I was just disappointed that to complete the set I'm going to have to finish the college of winterhold. Don't get me wrong, I love the storyline, but this character is a tank with absolutely nothing put into magic.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
see now im in a bit of a pickle because im use my Ebony mail to the death lol once i got it i havent removed it at all. o well im still going to get it.