Why are the faction quests so short?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ill wil

I noticed the faction quests are short as hell......the next thing you know your already the leader of that faction but they'll have you running around doing those "help/find" quests like you still a member and not a leader of that faction. The Companions is so short (total of 6 critical) I was like wth.....all this to be a wearwolf. The Dark Brotherhood quests (total of 6 critical) is kinda long but those annoying contact/job quests can fuk your progress up with other quests. The College of Winterhold (total of 8 critical) wasn't that bad until you become arch-mage without really proving yourself. I remember it took a while to become a mage in Oblivion and it was worth it when you became a member of the Mage's Guild. The Thieves Guild is really worth playing. A total of 12 critical quests and the suspense builds, the next thing you know your a Nightingale. And then you alone help to bring them to their former glory and then a guild master!! I wished The Cowl of Grey Fox was involved so you can be The Grey Fox but I understand the curse was lifted in Oblivion so it would probably screw the whole identity thing up. I love Riften...lol. The Blades quest was never bout much and The bards....boring!

Neriad13

Premium Member
I really liked the Bard quests. But there were so few of them! :sadface: I enjoyed being an Indiana Jones-like figure, saving priceless artifacts and uncovering stories. "Tending the Flames" and the quest for Rjorn's drum had such good narratives and boss fights. But then...nothing.

cmp007

the stupid "fetch me this" after you become head of whatever i believe is just the never ending questline part of it. but they are short. im working on thieves now and have done the college and brotherhood.