• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I've been thinking about this for a while and I think that it should be Paarthurnax. I think that now that Alduin is destroyed. He can ascend to become the most powerful dragon and there would be only one person to rival his strength; the Dragonborn. Maybe Alduin can come back because you didn't absorb his soul. There are so many possibilities who do you think should be the final boss.

The Ebony Warrior. He effectively lampshaded the effect that once you've done all the quests, leveled every skill up to 100, and defeated all the enemies there's really nothing left to do. Well, other than finding the biggest badass in the world, and testing your mettle against them. He's pretty much an Espy of the Player, and a chance to demonstrate their badassedness against another foe that uses all that is unfair in the combat system.

This is why I believe there will, or should be no more lore expanding DLCs for Skyrim. I'm ready for TES: OL, or TES VI: Redguard while everyone else seems to think the vague rumors are about yet another expansion on this one. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I think there will be another DLC for Skyrim. I just have this feeling based off of past Bethesda habits. I want to see us have a game that takes place in maybe Elsewere or Black Marsh. But hey, who knows?

***Note***
I just got my information about Beta for TESO, so I'm excited to see just what Bethesda has planned for the future of MMORPG's.

I think there will be another DLC for Skyrim. I just have this feeling based off of past Bethesda habits. I want to see us have a game that takes place in maybe Elsewere or Black Marsh. But hey, who knows?
I'd really like to see more of the areas we haven't since Arena, anyway. The new graphix would be a real good way to see someplace like Vvardenfel, with the tantalizing taste we got on Solstheim, but what of the other places? How about Akivir? Atmora?..

I'm most interested in High Rock, because I'm a Breton at heart. I know, they've done Daggerfall, and all, but those were back in the grainy Doom engine days without the support of voice actors. I'd love to see it now!

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I think there will definitely be 1 more dlc if not 2 for Skyrim, there's not actually a lot of DLC compared to a lot of games, I enjoyed dragonborn on Solstheim but it was the only substantial content, dawnguard and hearthfire were both nice but hearthfire can barely be called a dlc, it's comparable to 1 of those clothing packs from the Sims. Dawnguard itself was enjoyable but it's short and both sides have the same quests more or less with slight variation.
As for a new game I think we will be waiting at least 4 years for TES VI.

I'm not sure for a final boss, Paarthanax would be interesting, I'd love to fight the form of a Daedric Lord, imagine Mehrunes Dagon vs Dragonborn in the plains around whiterun.. Doesn't really fit with the story at all though.

As for a new game I think we will be waiting at least 4 years for TES VI.
The next game is OL, and with the associated upkeep of a MMOFRP, it may retard development further. But I said "Lore Related" DLCs, there's still plenty of dicking around the can do like Hearthfire. I'm of the opinion that this one has pretty much run it's course as far as story, unless they're going to actually take my advice on tying up some of the lose ends instead of adding on more wanking with retconned ancient enemies nobody'd ever heard of before like The First Dragonborn (Seriously, am I the only one that thought that a little more than glaring?)

I'd like to see them do Something, anything with the foresworn. They dominate the NPC list, there's more of them than Bandits, and they're limited to 1 hold. And,... nothing. You can fight them, or do 1 quest which changes nothing, but kicks down some decent gear to make up for it? Where's the Story, man? I feel much the same about the Thalmor, why you leaving us hanging, bro? They're so central to the main plot, they're basically THE enemy, you fight them so much more than Alduin, and yet, there's no advancement in the story whatsoever. Whoever you side with in the Civil War, you should be able to rally them against the Thalmor, and drive them out of Skyrim, Again. Perhaps a chance to see what their real plan is, instead of just a few dossiers a quarter of the way through the content, and then nothing to expand on that.

If I were writing this, I'd deal with all of that, long before blotting out the sun, twice, and making stuff up that was never supported in the lore when it should have been. I mean, how much of a coverup would Hermaus Mora had to have done to wipe all referance to the First Dragonborn going from drinking buddies with Ysgrammor to Dragonpriest to the second most powerful mortal in Oblivion from the history books? Oh look, I get to respec a skill! What were we talking about?

Reaper0021

The next game is OL, and with the associated upkeep of a MMOFRP, it may retard development further. But I said "Lore Related" DLCs, there's still plenty of dicking around the can do like Hearthfire. I'm of the opinion that this one has pretty much run it's course as far as story, unless they're going to actually take my advice on tying up some of the lose ends instead of adding on more wanking with retconned ancient enemies nobody'd ever heard of before like The First Dragonborn (Seriously, am I the only one that thought that a little more than glaring?)

I'd like to see them do Something, anything with the foresworn. They dominate the NPC list, there's more of them than Bandits, and they're limited to 1 hold. And,... nothing. You can fight them, or do 1 quest which changes nothing, but kicks down some decent gear to make up for it? Where's the Story, man? I feel much the same about the Thalmor, why you leaving us hanging, bro? They're so central to the main plot, they're basically THE enemy, you fight them so much more than Alduin, and yet, there's no advancement in the story whatsoever. Whoever you side with in the Civil War, you should be able to rally them against the Thalmor, and drive them out of Skyrim, Again. Perhaps a chance to see what their real plan is, instead of just a few dossiers a quarter of the way through the content, and then nothing to expand on that.

If I were writing this, I'd deal with all of that, long before blotting out the sun, twice, and making stuff up that was never supported in the lore when it should have been. I mean, how much of a coverup would Hermaus Mora had to have done to wipe all referance to the First Dragonborn going from drinking buddies with Ysgrammor to Dragonpriest to the second most powerful mortal in Oblivion from the history books? Oh look, I get to respec a skill! What were we talking about?

Well the semi-good news is that, there are some mods in the works by a few friends of mine over at Nexus that will expand on the Thalmor and add some new quests/content to the game that ties-up some of what we were left with as far as the story goes. The bad news is...it's not really the responsibility of the modding community to make-up for the lackluster story development by Bethesda in some of the story arcs that are ongoing or left just shy of completion. But, it is something to look forward to in some regards. Who knows, maybe a "Bethesda Lurker" (and I know there here) will read this and say "Hey, let's tie-up the Thalmor storyline."

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary

I agree something with the forsworn would be good I like their style, I'd have sided with them to reclaim markath if you could, I'd love to find out more about the dwemer, Thalmor invasion DLC would be soooooo good, especially if you can choose to help them ;)

I don't know much about the online game, I read about the whole fighting battles for the imperial city thing and it kind of put me off, I mostly like TES because it's 1 player, I got sick of player vs player a long time ago.

I don't know much about the online game, I read about the whole fighting battles for the imperial city thing and it kind of put me off, I mostly like TES because it's 1 player, I got sick of player vs player a long time ago.
I'm more interested in the PvE, considering the fact that the Environment is All of Tamriel...

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I'm more interested in the PvE, considering the fact that the Environment is All of Tamriel...
I've just read a bit about it, certainly looks good from the pics, I hope it's made so that it's all able to be done solo, I'd hate it if they put in loads of quests where you have to team up with other players to do it, I'm a lone wolf :cowboy:

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I'd like to see them do Something, anything with the foresworn. They dominate the NPC list, there's more of them than Bandits, and they're limited to 1 hold. And,... nothing. You can fight them, or do 1 quest which changes nothing, but kicks down some decent gear to make up for it? Where's the Story, man?

I agree with you that they ingored the Forsworn too much. On the other hand: they are not much of an issue in the game. You might stumble upon them on your travels but they never have influence on your story. Making them the final boss would be quite random.

I feel much the same about the Thalmor, why you leaving us hanging, bro? They're so central to the main plot, they're basically THE enemy, you fight them so much more than Alduin, and yet, there's no advancement in the story whatsoever. Whoever you side with in the Civil War, you should be able to rally them against the Thalmor, and drive them out of Skyrim, Again. Perhaps a chance to see what their real plan is, instead of just a few dossiers a quarter of the way through the content, and then nothing to expand on that.

I'm with you on this one. The Aldmeri Dominion is a major issue in the game but there are not many quests about them. As far as I am concerned Diplomatic Immunity is there only 'real' appearance in the game.
Bethesda should make a Dark Brotherhood like quest about the Thalmor. You go to sleep and wake up in a Thalmor torture room. than you are giving the choice to work for them as a spy or you slaughter them..

I've just read a bit about it, certainly looks good from the pics, I hope it's made so that it's all able to be done solo, I'd hate it if they put in loads of quests where you have to team up with other players to do it, I'm a lone wolf :cowboy:
It seems to be from what scant info I've picked up by reputable sources that the Environment will scale in difficulty depending on the combined level of the Players tackling it together. If you go solo, then it will probable not slap more HPs on that Umber Hulk, or whatever, but this is all speculation. There's also reportedly a level scaling system implimented so that level 5s can play with level 20s, and not be completely helpless. But again, this is all what I hear.

However, an major effort seems to be focussed on co-operative play using buffs from multiple characters to finish bosses. IDK how that will play for Solos like you, and I, but I fully intend to run it myself with most likely a Spellsword. (Ideally with a good mix of ranged, melee, and defense so I don't Have to depend on anyone.) Which isn't to say I will never fight with, or against anyone else, but I don't intend to be tied to them to the point of co-dependance. That way, I can just log on without having to worry about where my Clan is...

Reaper0021

It seems to be from what scant info I've picked up be reputable sources that the Environment will scale in difficulty depending on the combined level of the Players takling it together. If you go solo, then it will probable not slap more HPs on that Umber Hulk, or whatever, but this is all speculation. There's also reportedly a level scaling system implimented so that level 5s can play with level 20s, and not be completely helpless. But again, this is all what I hear. However, an major effort seems to be focussed on co-operative play using buffs from multiple characters to finish bosses. IDK how that will play for Solos like you, and I, but I fully intend to run it myself with most likely a Spellsword. (Ideally with a good mix of ranged, melee, and defense so I don't Have to depend on anyone.) Which isn't to say I will never fight with, or against anyone else, but I don't intend to be tied to them to the point of co-dependance. That way, i can just log on without having to worry about where my Clan is...
I have my Beta invite. I'll let you know after I log in some hours. I'm stoked that I was chosen. Seems oddly fitting as I ws a Beta for WoW almost 9 years ago, City of Heroes/Villains and now this.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
The final boss should be the same level as yours, and his strengths are your weaknesses.

So you're a one handed warrior, your boss will be very pwerfull at ranged and magic.

just like the first fight in Pokemon, If you choose a Fire-type, you're rival will always choose a water-type.

The final boss should be the same level as yours, and his strengths are your weaknesses.

So you're a one handed warrior, your boss will be very pwerfull at ranged and magic.

just like the first fight in Pokemon, If you choose a Fire-type, you're rival will always choose a water-type.
I really like the idea but I came up with another idea when you mentioned pokemon. What if a necromancer revives a past hero of yours from another TES and you must fight them. It will kind of be like the battle with Red on top of Mount Silver. It sooooo epic.

I also kust noticed I accidentally put "Who Should the Final Boss" instead of "Who should be the Final Boss." *Facepalm*

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American