Who is Your Favourite Daedric Prince?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Just posting to see whose people favourite Daedric Princes are and why.

Mine personally is Hermaeus Mora, in my opinion he is immensely powerful and intelligent, someone that I would both revere and admire.

AS88

Staff member
I agree with you on Mora, XIIGenocide. I actually see some of his traits in me insofar as my occasional days of just researching some completely unimportant topic, and having to have a look through every door when I discover somewhere new in Skyrim.

I'm also a pretty big fan of Nocturnal. People assume that her reach only extends so far as we see in one of Skyrim's major faction questlines, but she is actually so much more than that. That in itself makes me like her even more, because she is fulfilling her role of being unseen and actually wielding a lot of influence without most people knowing about it.

I think having a couple of beverages with Sanguine would be pretty fun, too.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I've always liked Meridia, probably because she isn't wholly evil and I like that she punishes the undead and necromancers. My benevolent characters have no problem doing her bidding because they feel the ends (destroying the undead who plague Skyrim and those who experiment on them) justify the means (violence).

I also like Hermaeus Mora and have a feeling that I, too, would choose to stay in Apocrypha simply because there is so much knowledge to be gained and so many books to read.

As AS88 stated, having a beer or two with Sanguine sounds like a fun time, as long as I don't find myself engaged to a Hagraven! :eek: :p

Rimfaxe96

Hermaeus Mora scares me in a way the others never could. A being that knows everything of past, now and the future (to some degree)?
Hell no. Some things are just meant to be forgotten. :confused:

I'd say Meridia. I hate undead, skeletons, vampires, werewolves and werebears and whatever other demons are out there, I'll kill them all.
Sanguine is probably the one I'd feel most comfortable with. He'd drink my mind away but I guess that's better than being a slave for eternity.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I used to worship Mora like you, then I saw the shaman get impaled in the no-no parts...

That image still haunts me... I just shivered looking at the poor man being impaled in... so... many... places...

Honestly, I like Nocturnal. And Sheogorath. But mainly Nocturnal. As Karliah said: She's like a mother scorning her child to push them on, making them better. I mean, a Daedric Prince that actually wants to push you to better yourself? And give you freedom? Well, until your dead that is. Then you're stuck in the Evergloom. But then in essence you are helping other thieves, 'walking with the shadows'. Helping fellows in life and in death? Gotta love Nocturnal.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I've always liked Meridia, probably because she isn't wholly evil and I like that she punishes the undead and necromancers. My benevolent characters have no problem doing her bidding because they feel the ends (destroying the undead who plague Skyrim and those who experiment on them) justify the means (violence).

I also like Hermaeus Mora and have a feeling that I, too, would choose to stay in Apocrypha simply because there is so much knowledge to be gained and so many books to read.

As AS88 stated, having a beer or two with Sanguine sounds like a fun time, as long as I don't find myself engaged to a Hagraven! :eek: :p
that's the exact reason why I hate Meridia.

Lucid

Sheogorath. It feels so predictable to name him, but I place a very high value on laughter. Things about Sheogorath make me continue laughing out of game as well. No other Daedra or Aedra stay with me IRL.

Nocturnal, Hircine and Azura also have a very special place in my collective characters' hearts through the years.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I agree on Mora being my favorite, but Shoegareth is definately a close second! I loathe Meridia and Azura is so saccharine I just wish I could go and slap her.

Most of the others are just too random for me, although Namira is at least straight forward!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Hircine... Let's hunt!

Wildroses

They all suck.

I don't like being told what to do by some deeply powerful being on another plane who counters all accusations of evilness with: "I'm Daedra, you can't apply concepts of good and evil to me", especially when what they tell me to do 70% of the time is go murder someone. I can totally apply concepts of good and evil on you Oblivion beings, evil people are ones who arrange and commit murder.

Also, I get that ordinary peasants want someone big and strong to give them a hand with dangerous tasks, but god-like beings ruling entire planes of Oblivion should have enough power to do their own fetch quests.

And I don't want to have a beer with Sangunaire. He'd never be able to resist the temptation to slip something in my drink to see what hideous creature I'd get myself engaged to this time.

Tyer032392

Sheogorath. Gotta love turning a Dragon Priest into either:

a. a sweet role

b. a bunny

c. a lot of coin and sweet role

d. a chicken

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts