Who is not going to play TESO?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I'll give it a shot, but, I understand that you can still play it one-player if you want. We have a couple of other games that my other 1/2 & I play this way. You just accept the folks you want and don't those you don't. If TESO turns out to be a bust, what am I really out? I still have Skyrim and all the TES games will be released for digital upload to the PS4 at some point. Can't hurt. No foul, no gain I say.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I will be watching on the sidelines to see whether it will be worth while for me to purchase an Xbox One, and whether the monthly fee is worth it. But really, from experience, my biggest concern is that the game will get taken over by those whose main interest is exploiting flaws and turning it into a game of gang warfare.
So true. I also fear that, me, as a simple player will end up with those "Master" and "Legendary" folks playing that I don't stand a chance against and that will suck all the fun out of the game. We'll have to wait and see though.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
I'm as of yet, still undecided in whether or not I will be playing TESO. I have friends who have voiced interest and after so many conversations where we've discussed how fun it would be to play together, TESO seems to be the answer to our prayers.

Before I read this thread I was wholly set on paying up and playing, but now I'm having second thoughts.

The money doesn't bother me too much. I understand how much effort and cash it takes to not only develop a game like this, but to keep it running constantly on multiple platform servers. To me gaming is my way of relaxing, but I know it's a luxury. It's one that in fortunate enough to be able to find currently but it's still a luxury.

What I'm now struggling with is (oddly enough) the multiplayer aspect. Yes I want to be able to play with my friends...but other people? Not so much. I spent a good portion of my teen years playing MMO's and I've not suddenly developed a tolerance to the personalities you often come across.

But perhaps more importantly, and this is something a lot of you have mentioned, I enjoy being The Player. I like knowing that I am literally the only hope for the dirt covered, down trodden souls who are desperately trying to get by while the world crumbles around them.

I don't even like having followers, how would I manage playing alongside complete strangers? I'm a tactician when I play, so thousands of uncontrollable variables just running around kamikaze style just wouldn't work for me.

This discussion makes me aware that perhaps the reason I wanted to play TESO is because I feel like I've explored every inch of skyrim available to me.

However the light at the end of the tunnel for me is that I'm an xbox player. One who is finally returning to PC gaming. I think rather than continue on a console and watch as all my hard earned money gets sucked into an mmo that I will eventually grow tired of, I will instead go about getting skyrim set up on my PC and mod it to hell to provide me with a new enough experience that will last me until the next Bethesda title.

O__Dragon__O

Old Guy Joe
In response to those saying that they don't like the idea of an MMO:
IT'S THE ELDER SCROLLS, YOU HAVE TO GET IT! :p Nahh, just kidding, but still. There will be so many books to read, places to find, interesting new weapons and armour, people to speak to, monsters to fight, etc, but all with other people! I've seen so many people on this website over the year and a half I've been here saying how much they want a 'Skyrim multiplayer.' I think this is as close as we're going to get, unless TES:VI really pulls something out of the bag.

In truth, despite all the news and build-up for TESO, I'm more intrigued about the future of the TES series with VI.
Awesome Response for the pro's...

I would be all over the TESO if it were more along the lines of Co-op rather than MMO, to have one or a few friends with you while hunting your foes would be truly awesome.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I won't be playing TESO for several reason's.

One is the monthly fee. Too some, $15.00 per month to play is okay. I used to play WoW, and played for 4-5 year's. I quit 4 or so year's ago when gas went up, and the $15.00 was needed for our household.

The XBox I play on was/is our son's, it's the slim black XBox, and he bought it when it first came out. So I've no idea how much longer it will last. I do have it raised 1/2" from the surface it's on to help with heat exchange. And buying a new one at this time is out of the question.

And as far as multiplayer? Doing that is like driving during rush hour. You cannot control what some idiot is doing or not doing. People will play on a team and just mess the whole thing up, on purpose, just because they can. And know very little can be done about it.

Then there's also a very strong probability of hacking, such as happened in the past, and still does. Many out there don't know that there are people who invest in the software and hardware to hack. And that is all they do. Look at what's happened to retailer's, and now several major hotel's, and the many other hacks into our systems.

Finally, for me personally, it will be probable language problems. I'm no Saint by any means. Thing is, there are word's I do not say, or quit saying. And I just, well, cannot handle hearing F-this or that, MF this or that, CS this or that.
you have a point there just say you are trying to role play in ESO and just imagine what would happen to the immersion factor if some little kid from halfway across the world decides to start following your character around getting in your way jumping around and running in circles, no serious gamer wants that.

Twiffle

Now there are some people on here who get mad and dish bad rep for opinions, there are some who also give you agro about your opinions, those people i hate with a passion, however this will probably unsettle and get probably 90+% of you mad, im going to buy shares in Zenimax, as i can see a whole lot of lemmings giving them money just to play a game with morons that was initially a single player game and think they are getting a good deal, just think of all the dividends and profit i will make, i cant wait to see them duped by the in play ''pay gates'' they have coded into the game we know nothing about, but because of that my shares will sore and will make more money. Also initial indications on the pre order system already make the game broken, but that is another subject.

So let me explain why. .. ..

I have played adventure/RPG games for nearly 20 years starting on the Amiga with Dungeon master and progressed with the various platforms over the years. However some years ago Bethesda made a game Daggerfall and Arena, the original RPG elder scrolls, fantastic games and hugely immersive, however in these games we paid consequences for our actions, in oblivion we also paid consequences however it was dumbed down a little for the casual gamer, then Skyrim arrived, a game we all wanted and salivated about, huge gameplay, graffix to purr over and of course for PC players a plethora of mods to die for, BUT, and its a big BUT, , , , , , NO CONSEQUENCES, we are forced to join the thieves guild, we are guided to join the dark brotherhood, and a few more, if we say no we can always back track, in previous ES games we had to make a decision as NO meant NO, so now Skyrim and its developers have got what they want, a game with no decisions, a game we follow the rest without consequences, a game without soul or meaning, just a game that the more affluent people can afford to follow, a game designed for the lemmings and the casual gamer to visit when he wants and has enough money to pay for. This is only my opinion based on years of observations, but trust me, say good bye to our precious SINGLE PLAYER Roleplay immersive, escapist and pure fun game, for me TESO is the final nail in the coffin of pure (cross platform) RPG games,

Well thats my 2 cents, and feel free to dish me as sometimes the truth and reality hurts.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Now there are some people on here who get mad and dish bad rep for opinions, there are some who also give you agro about your opinions, those people i hate with a passion, however this will probably unsettle and get probably 90+% of you mad, im going to buy shares in Zenimax, as i can see a whole lot of lemmings giving them money just to play a game with morons that was initially a single player game and think they are getting a good deal, just think of all the dividends and profit i will make, i cant wait to see them duped by the in play ''pay gates'' they have coded into the game we know nothing about, but because of that my shares will sore and will make more money. Also initial indications on the pre order system already make the game broken, but that is another subject.

I have played adventure/RPG games for nearly 20 years starting on the Amiga with Dungeon master and progressed with the various platforms over the years. However some years ago Bethesda made a game Daggerfall and Arena, the original RPG elder scrolls, fantastic games and hugely immersive, however in these games we paid consequences for our actions, in oblivion we also paid consequences however it was dumbed down a little for the casual gamer, then Skyrim arrived, a game we all wanted and salivated about, huge gameplay, graffix to purr over and of course for PC players a plethora of mods to die for, BUT, and its a big BUT, , , , , , NO CONSEQUENCES, we are forced to join the thieves guild, we are guided to join the dark brotherhood, and a few more, if we say no we can always back track, in previous ES games we had to make a decision as NO meant NO, so now Skyrim and its developers have got what they want, a game with no decisions, a game we follow the rest without consequences, a game without soul or meaning, just a game that the more affluent people can afford to follow, a game designed for the lemmings and the casual gamer to visit when he wants and has enough money to pay for. This is only my opinion based on years of observations, but trust me, say good bye to our precious SINGLE PLAYER Roleplay immersive, escapist and pure fun game, for me TESO is the final nail in the coffin of pure (cross platform) RPG games,

Well thats my 2 cents, and feel free to dish me as sometimes the truth and reality hurts.

Pretty sure Zenimax is privately owned (held... whatever) so you will have to find some other lemmings to exploit.

Twiffle

Pretty sure Zenimax is privately owned (held... whatever) so you will have to find some other lemmings to exploit.

ZeniMax Media has had many different investors over the years. The investors are Providence Equity Partners, ProSiebenSat.1 Media, Robert A. Altman, Leslie Moonves, Cal Ripken, Jr, Harry E. Sloan, Jerry Bruckheimer, Ernest Del, J. Griffin Lesher, James Cedar, Cindy C. Tallent, Robert S. Trump, Michael J. Domingues, Christopher Weaver, SBS Broadcasting Europe, Ardsley Partners Fund, ZM Investment, The Gordon and Donva Crawford Trust(Gordon Crawford), the Schon Family Trust

i will let you work out the rest,

LotusEater

ZeniMax Media has had many different investors over the years. The investors are Providence Equity Partners, ProSiebenSat.1 Media, Robert A. Altman, Leslie Moonves, Cal Ripken, Jr, Harry E. Sloan, Jerry Bruckheimer, Ernest Del, J. Griffin Lesher, James Cedar, Cindy C. Tallent, Robert S. Trump, Michael J. Domingues, Christopher Weaver, SBS Broadcasting Europe, Ardsley Partners Fund, ZM Investment, The Gordon and Donva Crawford Trust(Gordon Crawford), the Schon Family Trust

Oh... my bad I guess. Enjoy your riches.

Twiffle

no probs mate, however i dont think my 2 cents investment will make me rich, , , :D

Twiffle

LotusEater

So I guess we'll just throw Twiffle on that list of power players...

Twiffle

So I guess we'll just throw Twiffle on that list of power players...

lol i wish, , its just an honest opinion, ,

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
I know I won't be playing TESO for several reason. one is the fact that my pc cant handle it, im using a pentium 4 that is about 7 years old LOL. Two the sub fee is just awful, three TES series is realy meant to be a single player game, it's nice to see other people's charaters but with MMORPG's comes the ranking, bragging, hacking, the "I'm better than you", and not to mention that there will no doubt be 5 year olds (both mentaly and actual 5 year olds) playing this game and ruining it. Now I will say this about TESO I like the idea of being able to take my character and battle some one else's, just for fun. I wish they would of set up an ingame option for xbox/ps3 where in skyrim you could have a tournement with like 8 people max, but sadly with all the bugs and leveling glitches it would of been a fail. Maybe a private server of TESO will magicly come out (like with all other MMORPGs) and then maybe I may try it (if i have a pc that can handle it)

Rimfaxe96

I'm considering to preorder, but even if I do I'll wait for a few months/a year until I install it. I don't feel like paying a fee which might be removed a few months later after the hard times with bugs etc are over.

And online games have only been fun so far as long as I stayed away from the community, that lesson I learned well and I don't intend to play in groups unless I've known them for a while (although even that doesn't say a lot; a friend of mine plays Metin and after like 5 months one guy suddenly started harassing and cussing and suddenly apologized shortly after, total moron), but since my friends aren't going to get it because of the fee I'll be on my own. I don't mind that though, guess I'll just need to pimp my character up as good as I can for PvE only; don't need much of a ranking battle to enjoy a game.

As for money; considering the amount of money I've spent in professional riding lessons, horse, single player games, gaming computer etc for 11 years, 15 bucks are kinda cute, lol. However it is pretty much in comparison to all other MMOs currently on the market so I don't blame people for disliking this fee, especially this new package for Imperial gameplay.

jarif

One word, the Shoddycast.

Other than that, the fee may be expensive ($15) and lead to spending over $100's a year. However, my first point is the Human brain already make you spend over a $100 without realizing it such as ordering takeaway weekly or monthly. I say this because even if that money might be useful for some sort of bill overall, though the Human brain makes you spend over things; stupid or not. Even if it is a video game or something you spend regardless, you are going to spend on that money or some where down the line in the future if the time ever comes, plain simple Human physiology. So don't tell me you out can't afford it especially because if you are a teenager because the average active teenager probably spends more than $50 in comparison to $15. Furthermore, you can easily get that money with a allowance from a range of 2 - 3 weeks, even with your lunch money it can pretty much be saved up in a few weeks as long as you don't tell your parents and have something packed up for your lunch. Moreover, don't tell me you can't afford a next-gen platform or PC whether your an adult or a teenager because a allowance of saving up £10 x 52 (weeks in a year, btw I live in the UK and not in the US so excuse my example of pounds) leads to £520 which is more than enough for a next gen platform or a best gaming computer een if it is a £350 pc because the game is meant to be optimized for 5 year old pc's including Macs as Mac's is a terrible choice for a gaming platform as a well known shame in the PC community.

Before I address my second point, I would like to address that Zenimax inc media studios is the business part of Zenimax and not Zenimax who the the devs; they are not the ones who are deciding on the sub fee model. My second point is, you will be essentially be getting free regular DLC's or rather content, regular updates either everyday or in every 6 weeks. If their was no sub fee than the the devs would be providing you with free stuff for free while working their butts off! They can make changes whenever they want for fans because they do listen for content and changes ad if they didn't get paid than it would have to be a budget some sort of DLC like a watered down DLC like the Mass effect extended cut where I heard it was on a budget and although it did provide more satisfaction for the endings but it wasn't mind blowing. Think about when you reach end game as the developers need support or otherwise it could become a nother SWTOR. Moreover, as I mentioned before the devs will be working their buts off because it is a MMO as MMO's need to constantly update as a result, if they have a sub fee than they can provide you a absolute amazing Dragonborn sized content in the span of six weeks which means it would be something to look forward to. Let's face it, Zenimax is not going to make enough money with a standard business model if they are making MMO and not everyone is going to buy DLC's if they did those as a consequence, they are not going to make as much money as they would with a sub fee especially with not enough coverage for end game. My final point is, that it is going to keep trolls out and only have an elder scrolls fan who knows how to roleplay or know the system of an Elder scrolls game.

My conclusion, is the sub fee is going to create that never ending dream elder scrolls game for a decade and you can be part of that if you can pay a insignificant or small $15 dollars a month.