Who, in your opinion, is the best follower?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Lydia. Mostly because I married her.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
No big secret but my preferred melee combat follower is Lydia. If you level them, the Housecarls are the best melee fighters available and Lydia is the easiest Housecarl to get because all you have to do is the first 4 quests of the main questline. While it annoys other players, I like her smarmy attitude as well which is part of why I prefer Marcurio, with his indignant response every time you trade items with him, for a spell casting follower. He bears watching though if you're a melee fighter because he uses chain lighting which will also hit you. If you don't have strong magic or shock resistance that can become a serious issue in combat.

Eclipse

In my opinion any of the folowers you can get from Winterhold Collage are brilliant companions because they dont tend to die depending on what you give them but then again it is just personal taste.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I change my mind. Meeko because dogs ftw. And Wabbajack! Because wabbajack.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
1. Erik the Slayer - He's just so dang adorable. Such a cutie. I just want to give him a massive hug. If only there was a button for that. :-O

2. Cicero - Love the things he comes out with while we're out and about. I especially like his dialogue about dancing for the companions in Jorrvaskr. Makes me giggle every time. :p

Cicero. His words and dancing make the world a much better place when we aren't wandering the land killing people at Cicero's request.

- "Lets kill someone!" *waves dagger in air then dances"

Ritterkreuz

Khajit always make the best followers, they have the best one liners and dialogue. J'Zargo and Kharjo, those are my two favorites.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
my favorites are:

Lydia, just because she was my first follower ever :) plus she is a good tank. "hey lydia go over there and fight that Drauger death overlord while I shoot it from waaay over here" "Kay :)"

Aranea (from Azura quest): She is reeeaally good. She spams fireballs and she doesn't hesitate to use and kind of badass staff you give her.

Mjol: she talks a lot, makes good company for those long walks on the road :)

Jenassa: Again she is really good. She dual wields so she does a lot of damage, plus she talks a lot to.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Derkeethus is great. Polite, a great archer and sturdy enough with a sword and shield when it comes to close combat. Proficient in light armor, he looks great in glass. He can duel wield, but is offhand is always a pickaxe...

He's quiet, but has a polite and positive attitude when you interact with him. Never complains when you hand him things, always eager to be by your side no matter the danger. And to top it all off, he's flagged as essential. So I don't have to worry too much about roasting his scales with a poorly aimed Fireball.

And he's been a real sport about the whole..feeding vampirically off his blood..thing.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
Derkeethus is great. Polite, a great archer and sturdy enough with a sword and shield when it comes to close combat. Proficient in light armor, he looks great in glass. He can duel wield, but is offhand is always a pickaxe...

He's quiet, but has a polite and positive attitude when you interact with him. Never complains when you hand him things, always eager to be by your side no matter the danger. And to top it all off, he's flagged as essential. So I don't have to worry too much about roasting his scales with a poorly aimed Fireball.

And he's been a real sport about the whole..feeding vampirically off his blood..thing.

so, how does argonian blood taste?

Bira96

Ja'Zargo, by far. He is really the most helpful in my opinion because his magic is good against all of the tough enemies, and of course, he level's higher than any other follower. And since he isn't a warrior, he never gets in the way just as I am about to hit an enemy and takes the damage for them. I also noticed that he doesn't stand in my way in narrow corridors at all, which is a lot more than I can say for Kharjo.....
One of the best reasons though, is efficiency. In battle, I usually like using my poisons on enemies, so it's a great tactic to use a weakness to magic or shock (Ja'Zargo almost always uses his lightning spells) poison on an enemy, and let the higher damage from Ja'Zargo's destruction spells do the rest.

Drecon

I really hate using followers. I like the idea of having a meat shield, but that's what summons are for right? :p

On the other hand, I really liked J'Zargo for the short while he was whit me. I just wanted to leave him with Delphine though. I'll see him again.

Mariannafromrussia

Lydia, Meeko and Erik.
I like Erik the Slayer also because he is a polite companion - never tell me “Oh, be careful!”, and never get up in the aisles, blocking my path! ;)

opr71i.jpg

kez33d.jpg

of7ig6.jpg

KISSmePISTOL

Golradir Anwamanë: my Elvish name (apparently) :P
Kharjo is my favorite. He's so nice! And I love the Khajiit accents in Skyrim!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts